Transfer portal part 2 | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Let me guess… Duke? :rolleyes:

I certainly wouldn't object :rolleyes:

There are plenty of other ACC schools desperate for interior help.... FSU, Ga Tech, VPI, State.

On the mid-major level... NC A&T, UNCG, High Point

Reaction Score
The SEC will get a dose of UCF style basketball, the names are the same...the uniforms have changed. ;)
Everybody complains that the SEC is too physical already.

Reaction Score
Mulkey has done well in the portal in the past so I wouldn't be overly concerned at the moment. It's only April.

Also--I asked this earlier and no one answered but can Ryann Payne come back for an extra year?
Yes, acc to LSU sport's webpage and also she did not participate in senior day activities so assuming that she is planning on using her Covid year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't get the Lattimore move. She's got Moore and Gaston to train against and Schafer.

My gut has me thinking Duke's going to be in play because of the Day-Wilson connection. Don't like the idea as Duke hasn't given any indication they can develop bigs yet. Doesn't make sense to me.
Maybe she’ll go to UCONN!

Reaction Score
Regarding Saniya Rivers, there was an article where she made some interesting comments regarding her departure from Gamecock WBB. She did not, however, address anything in relation to the 3 game suspension that I still suspect played a role and had nothing at all to do with class attendance issues.

She said that she wanted to leave mid-season. That she was "not a piece of the puzzle" and basically did not feel as if she belonged. Also, she says her "phone has been blowing up" with random programs contacting her (yet her status has been from the moment she entered the portal, and remains, "do not contact"). She said she plans on taking the max number of visits allowed as a transfer, which is to 3 programs that she does not name. I'll try to locate the link to the article again and edit this with that link.

ETA: Here is the link to the article:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Regarding Saniya Rivers, there was an article where she made some interesting comments regarding her departure from Gamecock WBB. She did not, however, address anything in relation to the 3 game suspension that I still suspect played a role and had nothing at all to do with class attendance issues.

She said that she wanted to leave mid-season. That she was "not a piece of the puzzle" and basically did not feel as if she belonged. Also, she says her "phone has been blowing up" with random programs contacting her (yet her status has been from the moment she entered the portal, and remains, "do not contact"). She said she plans on taking the max number of visits allowed as a transfer, which is to 3 programs that she does not name. I'll try to locate the link to the article again and edit this with that link.

ETA: Here is the link to the article:

Is that the maximum? I could have sworn it was 5 official visits just like when coming out of high school.

Reaction Score
Is that the maximum? I could have sworn it was 5 official visits just like when coming out of high school.
The article states she intends to take the maximum and then says that equates to 3 visits. Is the allowed visit total different with transfers as opposed to visits while being recruited out of HS?

Reaction Score
The article states she intends to take the maximum and then says that equates to 3 visits. Is the allowed visit total different with transfers as opposed to visits while being recruited out of HS?

Maybe I read it wrong but I thought it said she would take a maximum of 3 visits. Not that 3 was the maximum? But I read it yesterday so I could be forgetting

Reaction Score
Maybe I read it wrong but I thought it said she would take a maximum of 3 visits. Not that 3 was the maximum? But I read it yesterday so I could be forgetting
You're right. I thought it said she was taking the maximum of three. She simply said she was taking a maximum of three

Reaction Score
Blackwell recently started following multiple Ole Miss players on Instagram. I even noticed she was following the official Ole Miss WBB Instagram account over the weekend, but seemingly unfollowed it today. Maybe she unfollowed because too many people were catching on before it was announced. On Twitter, Coach Yo indicated she landed a big time transfer as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Blackwell recently started following multiple Ole Miss players on Instagram. I even noticed she was following the official Ole Miss WBB Instagram account over the weekend, but seemingly unfollowed it today. Maybe she unfollowed because too many people were catching on before it was announced. On Twitter, Coach Yo indicated she landed a big time transfer as well.
Ole Miss folks seem to think they landed her. That would be a big blow to Baylor, I know they wanted her pretty bad after losing Egbo and Smith. She recently visited.

Coach Yo definitely taking advantage of the portal since being at Ole Miss, helped that program a lot.

Reaction Score
Ole Miss folks seem to think they landed her. That would be a big blow to Baylor, I know they wanted her pretty bad after losing Egbo and Smith. She recently visited.

Coach Yo definitely taking advantage of the portal since being at Ole Miss, helped that program a lot.

I am actually surprised LSU was not a finalist. I would think they would have made more sense than Baylor.

Reaction Score
I am actually surprised LSU was not a finalist. I would think they would have made more sense than Baylor.
Don’t think she was interested much, although her teammate Ladazhia Williams visited weeks ago and was rumored to be one of the commits Kim mentioned before Messer moved to UCF.

Any ways, It would be a good grab for Ole Miss especially after losing Austin. They seem to be going after a lot of SEC transfers.

Reaction Score
I thought she was a Gamecock soon-to-be commit. Lol. These ladies are probably just playing games with everybody. Social media is so predictably unpredictable.

Reaction Score
I thought she was a Gamecock soon-to-be commit. Lol. These ladies are probably just playing games with everybody. Social media is so predictably unpredictable.
Yes. It is hard to predict anything based on who a player follows on social media. I do think Blackwell will end up at either Ole Miss or Baylor.

Reaction Score
Everybody is a soon-to-be Gamecock according to Twitter. Owusu, Reese, Barker, Blackwell….and it’s not SC people saying it.Head bang

Last edited:
Reaction Score
General question I was thinking tonight. Janiah Barker was great in the Jordan Brand game and is going to be a great pick up for somebody. How does applying and acceptance to schools work? Maybe she was accepted to some schools of interest already. But if she is interested in another school....do they just push through the application? Was just thinking about this, as its late to be applying for next year. So, I was curious if anybody knows how it works? Not applicable solely to Janiah, but was just thinking in general when thinking about her situation.

Reaction Score
Come to Ole Miss! We will recruit over you in the transfer portal every year!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Come to Ole Miss! We will recruit over you in the transfer portal every year!

You can add Louisville to that list as well. I mean if it works go for it!

This is what AAU coaches are talking about currently. The Portal is making life hard on high school kids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom