Transfer portal - outbound | Page 44 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You can infer what he meant all you want, but he did say that he wasn't going to recruit kids in the portal unless he knew them prior. That is a stupid and silly thing to say.

Lets see what operational reality is for the 2021 class. 2020 is no longer in play now that all our scholarships have been signed for.

So will any of us be surprised if in 2021 he pulls in a grad QB, kicker or something particular like a center? No. Until we consistently have eight win seasons we wont be pulling in much notable from the portal anyway. JUCOs bring the benefit of two seasons and an extended recruiting process (you get to talk to coaches/teachers/family/attend games). The portal can be brutal speed dating with limited access. The portal is a box of chocolates - per F. Gump.

Reaction Score
...Look at how many transfers are killing it on other teams.
Transfers away from UConn since Edsall arrived at our level (G5) or higher? I’ll give you Tyler Davis, which I would argue was a push (although good for him personally), but can you name another?

Reaction Score
Transfers away from UConn since Edsall arrived at our level (G5) or higher? I’ll give you Tyler Davis, which I would argue was a push (although good for him personally), but can you name another?

Believe the point was that other schools have improved their programs by heavily relying on the portal. Not that the guys who have left here are killing it other places.

It's just a coach in our situation should not be knocking any way he could potentially find players. Especially with a generalization like he used.

Reaction Score
Why? It isn’t there fault they were recruited to a level they would never have been able to compete in.
I wish them all the best of luck.

They are gone and still causing problems for us.. I really don't care what happens with their football careers. Little whiny babies.

Reaction Score
Or this one

I've already unfollowed all the kids that left as soon as they posted they were entering the portal. Everything I see has been retweeted by others. But I have seen these on my TL.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Tough to play a team sport if 1/2 the guys live with this POV.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So the guys that have expressed negative opinions on Edsall in social media thus far:

Noel Thomas JR
Donovan Williams
Mason Donaldson
Sean Young
Ryan Gilmartin
Eddie Hahn with some likes on negative comments
John Robinson IV
Sheridan Lawley with some likes on negative comments

Reaction Score
So the guys that have expressed negative opinions on Edsall in social media thus far:

Noel Thomas JR
Donovan Williams
Mason Donaldson
Sean Young
Ryan Gilmartin
Eddie Hahn with some likes on negative comments
John Robinson IV
Sheridan Lawley with some likes on negative comments
DJ Morgan during the first wave of social negativism, seemed to be supportive of Edsall and the program. In my mind, this is such a small percentage of whiners when you look at how many players there have been in the last three years since Edsall has been back. Let's move on now.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
DJ Morgan during the first wave of social negativism, seemed to be supportive of Edsall and the program. In my mind, this is such a small percentage of whiners when you look at how many players there have been in the last three years since Edsall has been back. Let's move on now.
Yes Morgan and its notably to me that Pindell has Randy's face in his twitter headmast,

We just need to get a couple weeks into spring ball and this will be over. And then Randy and CO have to deliver some better football on 2020. There is no way around it, the team has to improve, but that goes w/o saying...I think. Randy wins 5+ games in 2020 and the world is getting better. Randy wins 3 games or less and well hey, the situation is wide open.

Reaction Score
Yes Morgan and its notably to me that Pindell has Randy's face in his twitter headmast,

We just need to get a couple weeks into spring ball and this will be over. And then Randy and CO have to deliver some better football on 2020. There is no way around it, the team has to improve, but that goes w/o saying...I think. Randy wins 5+ games in 2020 and the world is getting better. Randy wins 3 games or less and well hey, the situation is wide open.
It shouldn't be so hard for the head coach to not insert foot everytime he opens his damn mouth. Only this guy could be disaster on national signing day.

PWS

Reaction Score
I was not talking about out lousy UConn transfers as stated in my post. I was Referring to the great number of transfers from other schools in the portal that Edsall refuses to recruit that are doing great things for teams far better than what Randy puts on the field.

& to my earlier post of all the bad publicity further damaging UC’s reputation. Noel Thomas is now killing Edsall on Twitter.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I want it to be over too. But it's not too much to ask the 60 year old coach to be the grown up in the room and not make inflammatory comments. He forgets he left here, got fired, and came back hat in hand. Brought his son to a paying coaching position as well. Perhaps this is one of those instances when talking about entitlement, that is like the pot is calling the kettle black. Shut up and coach. The same guy who won't offer comments on the upcoming schedule wants to offer comments on transfer portal athletes being entitled. You really can't make him up.

This times 1000X.

If we brought him in to be the grown up in the room, he needs to act like one...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I want it to be over too. But it's not too much to ask the 60 year old coach to be the grown up in the room and not make inflammatory comments. He forgets he left here, got fired, and came back hat in hand. Brought his son to a paying coaching position as well. Perhaps this is one of those instances when talking about entitlement, that is like the pot is calling the kettle black. Shut up and coach. The same guy who won't offer comments on the upcoming schedule wants to offer comments on transfer portal athletes being entitled. You really can't make him up.

I'm more amazed he actually thinks he has the right to be entitled based on his actual career record. Who the hell is Randy Edsall to act like he's Ed Ogeron or Nick Saban-

OH WAIT, those guys get transfers and win. But maybe they're wrong and Randy's right. Maybe some Hard Working Fine Young Men just need to Pull Up Their Bootstraps and overcome the fact that he Has No Idea What He's Doing In 2020 College Football.

Reaction Score
Beavers @ Cincinnati

Reaction Score
The national media is going to run with this and it’s not a good look for Randy or UConn Football. Randy will get his wish because no kid who enters that portal will every glance in UConn’s direction as long as he’s here.

Reset the clock on the rebuild....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The national media is going to run with this and it’s not a good look for Randy or UConn Football. Randy will get his wish because no kid who enters that portal will every glance in UConn’s direction as long as he’s here.

Reset the clock on the rebuild....
Run with what? A philosophy that pulling players from the portal isn’t a good fit for him? This is so overblown.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
1. This will blow over in 2 days.
2. At the event tonight RE said he had to take portal guys last year but that is not how he wants to build the program.
3. He mentioned QB position as a different situation.
4. My sense is he doesn't like kids who aren't top of the depth chart quitting and entering the portal.
5. I wish he had kept his thoughts to himself but he didn't.

Reaction Score
Run with what? A philosophy that pulling players from the portal isn’t a good fit for him? This is so overblown.
Either the AD or the President need to put a muzzle on him. I realize he lost some hearing. Didn't know it also left him tone deaf.

Reaction Score

There are infinite amounts of better ways to describe why you don't look to add a lot of transfers than to say the guys in the portal have "issues" The reaction is on Edsall. He's not a first year coach, at some point you need to be able to talk to the media.

Reaction Score
There are infinite amounts of better ways to describe why you don't look to add a lot of transfers than to say the guys in the portal have "issues" The reaction is on Edsall. He's not a first year coach, at some point you need to be able to talk to the media.
Lets not hold our collective breath on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom