Transfer portal - outbound | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, especially on a team led by dream job Randy. Donovan Williams, team captain, is also leaving. Do they lack integrity or is there a common denominator that contributed to their decision to quit the team? They don't owe anyone. Perhaps they just want to experience a winning and successful culture for their last year.
Nobody set him up to fail like Diaco.
Jayce Medlock is a very good player who had FBS and P5 offers. He has good hands and looks to have the ability to produce YAC. Perhaps he wants to go to a program where he thinks he can play more. Probably more than any other player I wish him the best of luck.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, especially on a team led by dream job Randy. Donovan Williams, team captain, is also leaving. Do they lack integrity or is there a common denominator that contributed to their decision to quit the team? They don't owe anyone. Perhaps they just want to experience a winning and successful culture for their last year.
Williams is an interesting case. He graduated in December and he is eligible to join another school right now, yet, he has not entered the transfer portal. I don't think we know all the details in his case.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Diaco working his way back again. He will get another shot to be a HC. He is young and can coach defense. Needs to leave offense to someone else.

He needs to follow the Wade Phillips, Paul Pasqualoni (post 1995), Dick LaBeau and Don Brown model. Be known as a defensive whizz and pick your jobs carefully. You make a million + per year without any of the headaches of the HC. Even your worst weeks make you the second or third segment of the call in shows.

Reaction Score
He needs to follow the Wade Phillips, Paul Pasqualoni (post 1995), Dick LaBeau and Don Brown model. Be known as a defensive whizz and pick your jobs carefully. You make a million + per year without any of the headaches of the HC. Even your worst weeks make you the second or third segment of the call in shows.
He's too young and has too much ego. He can always go back to being a DC anytime he wants. He will be driven to prove the problems at UConn were not because of him.

Reaction Score
Nobody set him up to fail like Diaco.
Jayce Medlock is a very good player who had FBS and P5 offers. He has good hands and looks to have the ability to produce YAC. Perhaps he wants to go to a program where he thinks he can play more. Probably more than any other player I wish him the best of luck.
Is medlock transferring ?

Reaction Score
He's too young and has too much ego. He can always go back to being a DC anytime he wants. He will be driven to prove the problems at UConn were not because of him.

He was very young as a HC and not ready. He's not the first person to end up in a position like that. He might get another chance somewhere and he might end up being ready and do well. Who knows?

The person responsible for his hire at UCONN is Ward and that's where the blame should lie. He hired someone who proved unready to take the helm. That is no small blunder and most executives end up paying a heavy price for dropping that ball. In Ward's case, he ended up with the Michigan gig, so there you go..........

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
All of the nonsense going on now really speaks to a poor culture within UConn football. Maybe Edsall should have accelerated the roster cleaning process. Who knows. Tyler Coyle transferring really says something as he was appointed captain by Edsall. It appears he didn't believe in his head coach, even though the head coach believed in him. That really reflects poorly on the player.
Pssst....it wasn't Coyle's decision. He was shown the door by RE. Only a small handful (2-3) actually chose on their own to go.
Coyle is the one big surprise to me given his "performance projection for 2020".

Reaction Score
He was very young as a HC and not ready. He's not the first person to end up in a position like that. He might get another chance somewhere and he might end up being ready and do well. Who knows?

The person responsible for his hire at UCONN is Ward and that's where the blame should lie. He hired someone who proved unready to take the helm. That is no small blunder and most executives end up paying a heavy price for dropping that ball. In Ward's case, he ended up with the Michigan gig, so there you go..........
Don't disagree with any of that. Diaco however sounded like a lunatic when he spoke publicly. Civil ConFliCT, fish cakes, non key starters vs key non starters, RKGs. Even for a coach he sounded like was completely out to lunch.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Don't disagree with any of that. Diaco however sounded like a lunatic when he spoke publicly. Civil ConFliCT, fish cakes, non key starters vs key non starters, RKGs. Even for a coach he sounded like was completely out to lunch.
And over his last six games he made every move you need to get fired. He wanted to be fired. Think about that Diaco kids.

Reaction Score
I wish all these young men good luck, whatever they say on the way out. And especially those who put their 4 years in through this misery and just want to go somewhere and win some games their last year have my total understanding of why they would want to do that.

But do I expect more than 1 or 2 of these players to have a material impact somewhere else at the FBS level? No.

Reaction Score
Pssst....it wasn't Coyle's decision. He was shown the door by RE. Only a small handful (2-3) actually chose on their own to go.
Coyle is the one big surprise to me given his "performance projection for 2020".
We have heard this from a couple of people but no one has provided supporting data. You got some? It does not seem to make sense.

Reaction Score
I wish all these young men good luck, whatever they say on the way out. And especially those who put their 4 years in through this misery and just want to go somewhere and win some games their last year have my total understanding of why they would want to do that.

But do I expect more than 1 or 2 of these players to have a material impact somewhere else at the FBS level? No.
Well said.

Reaction Score

Absolute nutcase sometimes.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Diaco was his own worse enemy. He didn't reach out to others from the program in years past and as we all know didn't listen to those around him. You can see that in his recruiting style and coaching style.

Reaction Score
Supporting data? Other than Coyle or Edsall speaking publicly what would you like? Edsall is never going to say he didnt invite Coyle back, nor should he
A reliable source. I am a little weary of stating that Coyle wasn't invited back as if it is a settled established fact when it seems just a little unlikely.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
A reliable source. I am a little weary of stating that Coyle wasn't invited back as if it is a settled established fact when it seems just a little unlikely.
It is difficult for people who know things within the program to post specifics. Then they lose face and lose access. Please take the info given as a gift - if it is crap info, those in the know will say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom