Transfer portal - outbound | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Benedict is a giant DB with no regard for fans who keep shoveling good money season over season. He doesn’t care because the admin doesn’t care, and Edsall doesn’t care because the DB just gave a free pass. Bottom line everybody is going through the motions. There is zero sense of urgency or desire to improve this continuing sheet show. Pathetic.
Try not to be to optimistic.

Reaction Score
You guys are nuts, these players simply didn't execute and had no accountability.

This man once backed an 8-4 team into the Fiesta Bowl to be curb stomped by Oklahoma, which allowed him to jump on a plane in the dead of night for his dream job. Have faith in the process.

Love your sarcasm.

Reaction Score
the experienced players are leaving. Pushing the program even further behind where it was this season. Time to PULL the PLUG !
I hope your kids don’t pull the plug next time you’re in the hospital!

Reaction Score
It's going to take Edsall longer to build "good" depth up here in CT than it is for say, SMU. UConn's backyard is soccer favored New England. SMU's is Texas. UConn is still a virtual new comer to Div-1 football and getting good, competent talent to buy into coming to Connecticut is going to be a harder sell than almost every other AAC school. How Temple has done it? Who knows. More lenient academic standards maybe. Obviously hiring a better staff. Wonder what the total staff pay was for Matt Rule's crew when he first started there vs the pay for Diaco & staff. And now add the uncertainty of independence which Edsall has no choice and probably no say in and the task gets even harder. So, eight of them left looking for greener pastures? Well so be it. Just makes more room for guys that want to be here. So it just might take 5 years to get to a bowl. I'm hoping that a few Juco's and maybe some luck on incoming transfers will help us get to 6 wins next year. The schedule sure looks like it is ripe for the picking if Edsall can keep improving the product. And hey, maybe Edsall himself is looking for a OC.

I'd like to see a lot of the mean spirited sniping at the staff stop. Edsall is here for 5 years whether you like it or not so lets start looking at the glass half full for a change. I know it's hard but what choice do you have. It's a lot easier to move down the path looking forward than it is looking over your shoulder.
I' m looking forward. He is a lifetime losing head coach and that's what I am looking at in 2020. Best thing is that HCRE1.0, HCREDreamJob1.0 and HCRE2.0 had a combined total of 2 winning records within their own conference, now that UConn is an independent they can't have losing conference records any more!

Reaction Score
I' m looking forward. He is a lifetime losing head coach and that's what I am looking at in 2020. Best thing is that HCRE1.0, HCREDreamJob1.0 and HCRE2.0 had a combined total of 2 winning records within their own conference, now that UConn is an independent they can't have losing conference records any more!
I still think that independent will be good for UConn. Yes I understand the bowl tie in isn’t there yet but it’s a good way to build this team back up. We will build this team back up let Edsall have another two years just to get the recruits in. We will be a oiled machine I know it

Reaction Score
Having UConn football on your resume is a great conversation piece. Shows potential employers that you had the mental toughness to get through tough times. Yeah, it's nice to get a free education, but not easy waking up at 5:30am to practice for a hopeless cause. And then get ridiculed by the media and fellow students.

And coach.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
According to Matty S in his rather in depth player by player review of the departures in the Edsall 2.0 era Skanes is not returning in 2020.

it will be an excellent year for walk ons to make the three deep in 2020.

Reaction Score
I will be a lot more concerned when we start to see Edsall's recruits leaving. So far not an issue.
Must have been quite a divide between Diaco's and Edsall's recruits. Perhaps part of the reason for such
terrible performance.

Reaction Score
I hope your kids don’t pull the plug next time you’re in the hospital!

Taken care of if in dire cricumstance....I do not want to be kept on life support when the end is certain. My wife and I both have filled out the papers to take the weight off of our son.

But, saying that, I think that UConn's end is not certain and it is premature to predict death.

Good recruiting, a modicum of patience, and some wins on the indy schedule, and the Huskies may come around to a winning season. And buiold from that.

Reaction Score
According to Matty S in his rather in depth player by player review of the departures in the Edsall 2.0 era Skanes is not returning in 2020.

it will be an excellent year for walk ons to make the three deep in 2020.
You mean the participation squad?

Reaction Score
Just sharing ~ did not verify any of the math or data presented. ;)

Worth a read... that 2015 class was a killer.

Now we know Quayvon Skanes is leaving too... Always liked that kid.. Hope he latches on somewhere for his final year of eligibility and does work...

Reaction Score
Ian Campbell and Brian Cespedes left after last season with eligibility too,
couldn't find if they kept playing.

Reaction Score
Coming out of retirement with peace and love just to comment on this: where are we getting the idea that (1) teams don’t fire coaches after 3 year and (2) no coach would want to go to a program that does that.

this is an honest question. I have seen people post this thought quite a bit but I am not sure where they are getting this idea.

As I've said before, the mere fact that Edsall is let go after 3 years with a combined 6 wins wouldn't in and of itself scare people off. But you would have to combine that with a host of other issues: (i) no idea if you can recruit without a conference schedule or bowl tie ins; (ii) lack of a sufficient budget to compete on a Top 60 level, much less ranked level; (iii) the administration having made clear that it will do what needs to be done to help mens and womens basketball, and if that harms football so be it; along with (iv) the general disadvantages of having no history of being a power football program and being in an area not known for large numbers of high level recruits. This is not a desirable job at the moment. If Edsall can get us back to mediocrity against a dumbed down schedule, that would make hiring his replacement easier than it is today.

Reaction Score
Love your sarcasm.
You guys are nuts, these players simply didn't execute and had no accountability.

This man once backed an 8-4 team into the Fiesta Bowl to be curb stomped by Oklahoma, which allowed him to jump on a plane in the dead of night for his dream job. Have faith in the process.

LMAO. I know you think that was a blistering attack, but I read that and what I see is "Fiesta Bowl" and a lot of noise. As if we wouldn't kill to be able to "back" in to a Fiesta Bowl any time soon.

Reaction Score
Just sharing ~ did not verify any of the math or data presented. ;)

Worth a read... that 2015 class was a killer.

So as I see this, I see two players -- two -- who have had any impact at all at a P5 or high Group of 6 members: Beaver and Tyler Davis. Not clear that anyone else on the list was going to help us get where we need to go. That doesn't mean they wouldn't have gotten snaps here, because we suck, but the roster he inherited did not have guys who couldn't get along with Edsall and then went off to be impact players elsewhere. It was full of young men who just weren't good enough.

Does that mean that Edsall's players will do better? No. Edsall will have to prove that. Does that mean Edsall being better couldn't have gotten us more than 6 wins in 3 years? Also no. But it means that any of you who think that in two recruiting seasons any coach available to us was going to have us back to mediocrity are living in a dreamworld. This is the reality that Benedict accepted in hiring Edsall, and he shows every intent on giving Edsall time.

Reaction Score
Jordan Swann’s path is interesting. He got significant playing time as a true freshmen here, and is barely seeing the field at FCS Maine.

Teddy Allmindinger, or whatever, got snaps here as a walk-on frosh FB. He then went to Trinity AT A DIVISION III LEVEL and barely saw the field the next year. You can hate our coaching -- now and former -- but our problem is overwhelmingly the Jimmys and the Joes rather than the Xs and the Os.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
What an indictment on Diaco's recruiting. Randy's first class hasn't really panned out either as he came in late December and guys who played like Swann and Brown either not in the game or at a lower level. The linemen class was supposed to be the future and that fizzled unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Found this nugget at a Maryland site

"This sort of exodus is reasonably common -- it's nowhere near the 24 transfers in Randy Edsall's first 14 months. There was no serious purge when Locksley came aboard, which at the time seemed like a good thing".

So RE2.0 had a track record of chasing the previous staff's guys away and it imploded a winning Maryland program. They will erect a statue to Raph Friedgen after suffering thru Edsall/Durkin /Locksley.
The guy is petty, stubborn and dismissive. Oh yeah, and he can't coach.

And to everyone of you that uses the excuse that Diaco's guys all sucked and had to go, just be glad your sons were never treated like that.

I can not believe the AD says he hasn't talk to any of the Transfers. That is Dereliction of Duty. Transfers MUST enter the Portal by applying thru the Athletic Department Compliance Office. The AD and HC are made aware of all entries in all sports. You don't talk to any of them? You don't smell smoke, Dave? You arent the least bit curious why Donovan Williams, a kid that has battled and stuck it out leaves town? Starters like Leone, DeGeorge, Coyle, Wilson? No questions? No counseling? No Mentoring? Then let me say this...You may be an AD, but you are nothing close to a leader.

His track record says "burn it to the ground - build your excuses and buy time"
Dave Benedict has bought in.
We are crushing Elon, Campbell and Savannah State in recruiting.
We are watching a cash strapped athletic department and Athletic Director nose dive a football program into the ground. We won't cut our losses with RE2.0 and the end result is gonna be FCS ( if we are lucky)

What exactly is gonna pull us out of this death spiral........Independence?

Basketball may save Benedict, but history will not be so kind to RE.

Reaction Score
What an indictment on Diaco's recruiting. Randy's first class hasn't really panned out either as he came in late December and guys who played like Swann and Brown either not in the game or at a lower level. The linemen class was supposed to be the future and that fizzled unfortunately.

Calling it Randy's first class, of course, is somewhat misleading. He wasn't coaching in college somewhere else with guys he had already been recruiting and he didn't get hired for a month after the season ended. That was a class of what you could get last minute. The first class you can judge him on were those who signed in February of 2017. And those players have only had two years in the programs.

Reaction Score

And to everyone of you that uses the excuse that Diaco's guys all sucked and had to go, just be glad your sons were never treated like that.

What a friggin hypocrite. In a post we're you destroying a coach for not winning, you take the time to also destroy him for taking steps that he thinks are necessary to rebuild the program. May you get judged at your office just as fairly.

Reaction Score

"This sort of exodus is reasonably common -- it's nowhere near the 24 transfers in Randy Edsall's first 14 months. There was no serious purge when Locksley came aboard, which at the time seemed like a good thing".

So RE2.0 had a track record of chasing the previous staff's guys away and it imploded a winning Maryland program. They will erect a statue to Raph Friedgen after suffering thru Edsall/Durkin /Locksley.
The guy is petty, stubborn and dismissive. Oh yeah, and he can't coach.

I can not believe the AD says he hasn't talk to any of the Transfers. That is Dereliction of Duty. Transfers MUST enter the Portal by applying thru the Athletic Department Compliance Office. The AD and HC are made aware of all entries in all sports. You don't talk to any of them? You don't smell smoke, Dave? You arent the least bit curious why Donovan Williams, a kid that has battled and stuck it out leaves town? Starters like Leone, DeGeorge, Coyle, Wilson? No questions? No counseling? No Mentoring? Then let me say this...You may be an AD, but you are nothing close to a leader.

His track record says "burn it to the ground - build your excuses and buy time"
Dave Benedict has bought in.
We are crushing Elon, Campbell and Savannah State in recruiting.
We are watching a cash strapped athletic department and Athletic Director nose dive a football program into the ground. We won't cut our losses with RE2.0 and the end result is gonna be FCS ( if we are lucky)

What exactly is gonna pull us out of this death spiral........Independence?

Basketball may save Benedict, but history will not be so kind to RE.

No those Diaco players didn’t suck they were horrible and never deserved a fbs scholarship let alone an fcs one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom