Transfer portal - outbound | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can we get a running list in first post of who is in the portal?

>>Of the 14 UConn players who have either announced plans to transfer or reportedly entered their names into the NCAA’s transfer portal, all but three (offensive linemen Stanley Hubbard and Robert Holmes and cornerback Ryan Carroll) are graduate transfers who will be eligible to play immediately at another school.

Some of those graduate transfers were little-used players who likely wouldn’t have played a role on next year’s team. Others, such as Coyle, Herring-Wilson and center Nino Leone, started in 2019 and would have been positioned to play key roles moving forward.

The full list of known transfers is as follows:
  • Noel Brouse, OL
  • Ryan Carroll, CB
  • Tyler Coyle, S
  • Mason Donaldson, WR
  • Donovan Williams, TE
  • A.J. Garson, DE
  • Ryan Gilmartin, LB
  • Brett Graham, P
  • Eddie Hahn, LB
  • Robert Holmes, OL
  • Stanley Hubbard, OL
  • Tahj Herring-Wilson, CB
  • Nino Leone, OL
  • Andrew Migliaccio, DL<<

Reaction Score
The only guys in the portal that aren't graduating and might have contributed are:

Robert Holmes
Stanley Hubbard

That's it. That's the list you guy are melting over?

Thank you for your interest in UConn Football. My lord.
The transfers need to be looked at as just another symptom of a dying program. Early recruiting analysis has UConn 12th in AAC. Grad transfers want to go to winning programs. We’re losing players and we have absolutely no path to replace with better players. The downward cycle under RE just continues and continues. When Dec 1 came and went and was still Head Coach, the last nail was hammered into the coffin. You can’t watch what’s happening and not conclude the only way we can improve is to schedule our way to more wins.

Reaction Score
John Robinson IV planing to talk about UConn Football culture under Edsall in his next Podcast...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
B997B8FB-D647-4563-9E8C-5314257157AC.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Still waiting on a list of non-grad student starters leaving? Grads on terrible team who have options transfer for a better team instead of playing their final year and either losing or losing their spot. Doubly so if they didn't sniff the field in the first place. If they don't have options, they graduate and get on with their lives. Not a single grad on this team is worth crying over.

So who is leaving that is really an improvement over a replacement player? The only one I can think of is DeGeorge as it's harder to replace OL if they need to bulk up.

A week ago, most of you would trade the entire roster for any other D1 program chosen out of a hat.

Tell me who is leaving that we are really going to miss?
Tyler Coyle. He will land at a top program and start

Reaction Score
Tyler Coyle. He will land at a top program and start
Maybe, but none of the players leaving were All-AAC first team, second team, or honorable mention.

Do you know how many G5/FCS cornerbacks transferred to P5 schools last year? One. His father was a good NFL player and the kid was a backup at Arizona this year. How many of the 2019 UConn transfers went P5? Two. Davis started for GT at TE (remember, the previous offense did not use TEs) and Tarbutt was a backup kicker with 1 extra point at Minnesota this year.

Look, I don't want all these kids to leave and many I wish would stay, but most are going to find out that it is very difficult to transfer to another school. There just aren't that many spots.

Reaction Score
Maybe, but none of the players leaving were All-AAC first team, second team, or honorable mention.

Do you know how many G5/FCS cornerbacks transferred to P5 schools last year? One. His father was a good NFL player and the kid was a backup at Arizona this year. How many of the 2019 UConn transfers went P5? Two. Davis started for GT at TE (remember, the previous offense did not use TEs) and Tarbutt was a backup kicker with 1 extra point at Minnesota this year.

Look, I don't want all these kids to leave and many I wish would stay, but most are going to find out that it is very difficult to transfer to another school. There just aren't that many spots.
I agree with all your points, but it doesn't change the fact they are running away in droves from this program and coach.

Reaction Score
I think most of you are missing the point. The Portal offers NO promises. These young men have basically said "Anywhere but here". REject has ALWAYS put it on the players and that only plays for so long. Some of you are only looking at replacing the athletic talent, but the problem is evident to me when solid young men like Donovan Williams, Mason Donaldson and Cam Degeorge hit the exits with no promises for the future. Again- it screams "ANYWHERE BUT HERE!" I cant wait to see the spin on this. I KNOW who ISNT going to take any responsibility for this.
The OLine departures are huge. Would love to see the plan for spring ball. 8 Oline on roster by my count. Looks like lot of 7 on 7 (unless we lose more DBs)

Reaction Score
Robinson certainly seems to have an axe to grind... I'd assume it stems from his suspension by Edsall following his DUI.

It's disappointing albeit not surprising to see the guys who are eligible immediately look for other opportunities. Obviously some of these were known/planned ahead of time, which is why the 5th-year OL were honored on senior day... others either waited to make their intentions known or only decided recently. Best of luck to them. Coyle, Herring-Wilson, would've contributed. It'll be interesting to see who lands where.

Reaction Score

I mean it can’t get any worse. We all watched the games. Most these kids won’t sniff a D-1 roster spot let’s be honest. And the “starters” big whoop they took part in some of the worst football I’ve ever watched and played a factor in it all. I’d argue let these guys drop to fcs at best and you’ll find much better talent from the P5 schools burried behind good players.

Reaction Score
I agree with all your points, but it doesn't change the fact they are running away in droves from this program and coach.
True. In football, you can only bring in 25 players per year, so to flip a roster you really need 4 years. And, the Redshirt Juniors have 9 wins in 4 years.

Edsall proved he could develop players for the NFL and, maybe 1 or 2 of Diaco's recruits will be drafted by the NFL.

Reaction Score
Robinson certainly seems to have an axe to grind... I'd assume it stems from his suspension by Edsall following his DUI.

It's disappointing albeit not surprising to see the guys who are eligible immediately look for other opportunities. Obviously some of these were known/planned ahead of time, which is why the 5th-year OL were honored on senior day... others either waited to make their intentions known or only decided recently. Best of luck to them. Coyle, Herring-Wilson, would've contributed. It'll be interesting to see who lands where.
Worth a listen.....

Reaction Score
A lot of these guys were Diaco recruits and let’s face it for the most part, Diaco didn’t recruit well and Randy quite frankly made the decision to go with a youth movement.

Reaction Score
Maybe this signifies the actual changing of the guard. The question is does this extend the 5-year plan? The cupboard is pretty empty at this point.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Robinson et al are proving RE's point with their stupidity. They didn't buy into his culture which worked pretty well before they were here and he obviously is looking for kids who will buy in now. Problem is how many kids can you shed to fill an 85 man roster where all buy in?

Reaction Score
Maybe this signifies the actual changing of the guard. The question is does this extend the 5-year plan? The cupboard is pretty empty at this point.
To put it in perspective, UConn, through graduation or transfer is probably losing 4 starters from this year.

Reaction Score
This is not speculation - just posting twitter feeds and/or anything reported by mainstream media.

I hope the UConn transferring player will have great luck at their new schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom