Transfer Portal April 2023 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One of the few guys we reached out to. Likely heading to Nova. More signs pointing to Timberlake for us.

Confirmed contact update:

Timberlake (visit Friday)
TJ Bamba
Damian Dunn

AJ Storr

Reaction Score
40-70th range bubble team like he does every single season
Nobody on this board wants to hear it, but Coach Cooley is a great motivator, a great coach and a great guy. People want to be around him. It’s difficult to win at Fairfield and Providence, but he should have more success at Georgetown where he can recruit the DMV. The only thing that bothers me are the allegations of infidelity because that never ends well.

Reaction Score
Nobody on this board wants to hear it, but Coach Cooley is a great motivator, a great coach and a great guy. People want to be around him. It’s difficult to win at Fairfield and Providence, but he should have more success at Georgetown where he can recruit the DMV. The only thing that bothers me are the allegations of infidelity because that never ends well.
Picture1.png

This resume doesn't scream "great coach". You call him a great guy but then talk about his infidelity.... You say its hard to win at Providence, the 2023 Final four included FAU and SDSU, both very far from basketball powerhouses/ great recruiting areas... Maybe Cooley has been exposed as a phony

Reaction Score
Going to be really interesting to see how Cooley makes all these new pieces try to fit together next year.
He is no stranger to relying on the portal and trying to make it work with Hopkins, Carter Locke at PC, but you are right. GTown is a more extreme makeover with pretty much zero foundation. Such a wide array of outcomes are possible. St. Johns, outside or Soriano is the same.

Reaction Score
Somebody's been drinking the kool-aid.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
There was a picture of Cooley addressing the rest of the coaches in the Athletic department Gtown his first day down there. There's maybe 20 people in the picture. All 20 had horrible body language. Arms folded, heads down. Nobody making eye contact. Looks of astonishment. I have no idea what he was saying to his new peers, but not one of them seemed to like it.

Edit found it.

Reaction Score
Going to be really interesting to see how Cooley makes all these new pieces try to fit together next year.
I may have missed this during our Championship celebration week.. Doesn't Akok have another year of eligibility?? And if so/yes.. Any word on whether he stays or goes under Cooley?? Just curious..

Reaction Score
Is he a 3? Wouldn’t be a terrible AJax replacement. But normally when these types of kids decommit their destination is pre determined

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Kinda transfer news I guess? No way we’d get involved here right? NJ kid

We did offer the first time around. His final 4 was Duke, Memphis, Ohio St, Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom