• Trade now

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Trade in the summer

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
What cars can you get manual transmissions on? I'm in the market for a used car, likely a sedan and would love to find a standard car, something nice that's 3yrs old...
You can use a used car search site like the one in the link and modify accordingly:

(not sure why it says page unavailable, link worked after I posted it, your mileage may vary)

Reaction Score
What cars can you get manual transmissions on? I'm in the market for a used car, likely a sedan and would love to find a standard car, something nice that's 3yrs old...
depends on your budget but you'll have some options.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
To update, shopping around no one can really seem to beat the dealer price for the work I want done. Lame

And what are they doing total for the brakes as far as front and rear, replacing pads, machining rotors, etc?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I can't fit a modern pickup in my garage unless I get rid of my beer fridge. My SUV carries all the stuff I need. Wood chips are delivered free of charge and dumped in my driveway.
I drive a 4Runner, but forget a modern pickup. I can fit my vehicle in my garage unless I get rid of my kids. :D

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What a weird comment. I'm not a professional landscaper.

It's really the rural vs exurban vs suburban vs urban divide. The further you are toward rural on that scale, the more you may need a pickup.

We sold our place in Vermont, but if you lived in that house you likely heat with wood, which you'd want to pick up in your truck. You have no garbage pickup and the transfer station/dump is 40 minutes away. You're on the side of a mountain with a dirt road, one where I've seen AWD SUVs get stuck. I'd have a pickup there for sure.

Reaction Score
It's really the rural vs exurban vs suburban vs urban divide. The further you are toward rural on that scale, the more you may need a pickup.

We sold our place in Vermont, but if you lived in that house you likely heat with wood, which you'd want to pick up in your truck. You have no garbage pickup and the transfer station/dump is 40 minutes away. You're on the side of a mountain with a dirt road, one where I've seen AWD SUVs get stuck. I'd have a pickup there for sure.
I undertand it if you live way out in the woods in the middle of nowhere but I grew up in small town CT. in the woods, people drove sedans. The people who had pickups were builders, painters, landscapers, masons etc. Now everyone has them, I don't get it. These aren't work trucks either, you've got yuppies/soccer moms driving tricked out $70,000 pickups. It's all very strange to me.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I undertand it if you live way out in the woods in the middle of nowhere but I grew up in small town CT. in the woods, people drove sedans. The people who had pickups were builders, painters, landscapers, masons etc. Now everyone has them, I don't get it. These aren't work trucks either, you've got yuppies/soccer moms driving tricked out $70,000 pickups. It's all very strange to me.
Maybe in Illinois. I've found a lot more trucks in the midewest. Here, I still see many a "soccer mom" in Highlanders, Pilots, Traverses, and late model Pathfinders (The one that more resembles a station wagon, rather than an SUV). There are still a lot of Rav4s and CRVs too, as the old body-on-frame SUVs have been making way for unibody style Crossovers for sometime.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Tricked out full size trucks go well above $70k. Scary. Not even crazy stuff, just upper line packages from manufacturer with a couple of dealer add ons.

Reaction Score
Tricked out full size trucks go well above $70k. Scary. Not even crazy stuff, just upper line packages from manufacturer with a couple of dealer add ons.
I just don't understand why people want to drive that instead of a BMW or Lexus when it's not used for work.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I just don't understand why people want to drive that instead of a BMW or Lexus when it's not used for work.

Height above the road is a huge consideration. In terms of SUVs and larger CUVs, cargo room is another.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Because when they get in an accident with one of them sedans, they walk away with a scratch on their fender. As others have said it is somewhat dependent on rural/urban. If I lived in a major east coast or midwest city, I'm not buying a truck.

I can't think of legitimate reason why anyone would buy any BMW. Not my cup of tea and I think there's better performance/cost vehicles for everything BMW makes. The fact that they are still in business tells me plenty of others feel differently.

Reaction Score

For whatever reason I rented a huge F150 for the drive from Logan down to my parents' house on the Cape a few winters ago and by the end of the week I was ready to buy one.

Reaction Score
I do many woodworking projects around the house. I can fit 2x lumber in my grand Cherokee but it’s not possible with 4x8 sheets. A pickup would be great.

Husky25

Reaction Score
For whatever reason I rented a huge F150 for the drive from Logan down to my parents' house on the Cape a few winters ago and by the end of the week I was ready to buy one.
I've owned a Camry and two 4Runners since 1999. I am probably not going back to a sedan, especially since my wife has basically declared that she is returning to a sedan at the end of her Rav4's usefulness (What I already think is basically a sedan/small station wagon). Truth be told however, her old Corolla S probably has more truck space than the Rav4 has cargo room.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I definitely would consider a full-size pick up when the time comes. More second row space than most compact SUVs and surprisingly smooth rides and upscale interiors. My father in law drives a GMC Sierra Denali and that thing is like riding first class.

Reaction Score
Why? One of my best friend's bought one and he works in a hospital, never lugs around stuff. I asked him why he got it and he didn't really have an answer other than he likes it knowing it's totally impractical.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I have friends who tow a horse trailer, camper or boat, so they have trucks. And with 4 doors, they serve as a useful family vehicle. I don't tow, so an SUV works fine for me.

But sedans are done. Can't sit in a seat that close to the floor. It's ergonomically unhealthy. Even my very green MPG conscious sister says she's ready to get a small CUV for the chair like seating to take stress off her knees and back. Look at the seats in tractor trailer trucks and buses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom