• Trade now

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Trade in the summer

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
I don't think that's current. They did things with Volvo when Ford owned Volvo and Mazda. Volvo is owned by China now. Toyota has a 5% stake in Mazda now.
Mazda and Ford split ways in '08, but even then the platform that was shared with the Edge was designed by Mazda. The CX-9s have always been built in Japan.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My niece had a cx-7, and had lots of issues. Bought new a few years ago. Think she traded it after it was paid off.

CX-7 was such a red headed step child. The CX-5 and CX-9 hit their market segments so squarely there were only a few people who didn't want to save a few bucks and get the 5 or spend a few more and get the 9.

Reaction Score
you can also buy an OBDII scanner for $35
Blue Driver is a good OBD II. Very helpful. Have often have stayed with the dealer's service in the early years of owning a car but increasingly dislike that it's a service advisor that communicates the issues and not the mechanic doing the work

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I wish Mazda remade the CX-7 instead of the redundant CX-30. Their lineup is missing a rugged midsize SUV a la the Passport between the CRV and Pilot for Honda.

AtlHusky

Reaction Score
I wish Mazda remade the CX-7 instead of the redundant CX-30. Their lineup is missing a rugged midsize SUV a la the Passport between the CRV and Pilot for Honda.
The CX-5 replaced the CX-7. The CX-30 is replacing the CX-3. The CX-5 is supposed to shrink a bit and be renamed CX-50 while the CX-9 will enlarge a bit. I heard that the CX-7 is due to come back as a hybrid.

Rugged had never been their thing. Towing capacities being a prime example.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The CX-5 replaced the CX-7. The CX-30 is replacing the CX-3. The CX-5 is supposed to shrink a bit and be renamed CX-50 while the CX-9 will enlarge a bit. I heard that the CX-7 is due to come back as a hybrid.

Rugged had never been their thing. Towing capacities being a prime example.
The old Tribute aka Ford Escape was pretty tough. By the by, the new Escape is an absolute eyesore

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Keep the car it will run for an extremely long time with the recommended maintenance. Find somebody local to do the work. I stopped going to the dealership with my 2017 Forester when they mentioned I needed new brakes during a recall fix. My car was already up on the lift so I was like sure. Got the bill and it was about $700-800 for just the rears. I found a local guy who comes to wherever you are and I get them done for around $300 now. Not sure if you are in CT, or where, but I believe he covers the entire Eastern part and some of central CT.

I just had the spark plugs, diff fluids, transmission fluids, and brake lines done at a local mechanic for about $800 which was more than half what the dealership would have wanted.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
the bronco sport looks awesome though. feels like a true successor to the escape.
It looks great but it’s just the Renegade to the Wrangler for the Bronco. Can not wait to see the Bronco. Some of the different trims are ridiculous

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The best deal is on sedans/sport sedans coming off of 3 year leases because for some reason Americans are obsessed with trucks, SUV's, and crossovers. You can get some pretty badass sport sedans at a steal but if you care about resale it's not so good because again, Americans are obsessed with unnecessarily big cars.

I don’t know how people who own a house don’t have a truck.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Right? I can’t wait to load my wife and daughter into a miata

i want to see you load that Miati up with wood chips and other landscaping materials

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
That’s not a crazy price for brakes. I pay the same and I don’t go to the dealer and I know my mechanic. I bought a 2007 Honda Accord brand new for $23K and still drive it. It now has 130,000 miles. Zero issues. Total value. I would recommend a Honda to anyone.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
i want to see you load that Miati up with wood chips and other landscaping materials
I have landscaping materials delivered to my house if bulk purchased. Otherwise I can handle a few bags of mulch, pavers etc. worst case scenario, Home Depot hourly truck rental is cheap.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don’t know how people who own a house don’t have a truck.

I can't fit a modern pickup in my garage unless I get rid of my beer fridge. My SUV carries all the stuff I need. Wood chips are delivered free of charge and dumped in my driveway.

AtlHusky

Reaction Score
What!? How are the two related? Own home so must own a truck?
Agreed... I've been a homeowner for better than 20 years, and while I've owned an mid-sized SUV or minivan since that time (Pathfinder, RX, Sienna, CX-9), I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to rent a Home Depot truck for $20.

Reaction Score
That’s not a crazy price for brakes. I pay the same and I don’t go to the dealer and I know my mechanic. I bought a 2007 Honda Accord brand new for $23K and still drive it. It now has 130,000 miles. Zero issues. Total value. I would recommend a Honda to anyone.
I bought a 1999 Ford Ranger and recently sold it. It had 307k miles on it and never gave me a bit of an issue.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I bought a 1999 Ford Ranger and recently sold it. It had 307k miles on it and never gave me a bit of an issue.
Ford trucks are awesome. I had a Ranger before my Honda. My brother now has a Ranger. Look at all we have in common!

Reaction Score
I will never own an SUV or truck. I enjoy driving too much to do that to myself. But like you, I'm worried I'm not going to have many options in the future. I was thankful I could even get a manual transmission because those are going to be gone in five years on everything but exotics.
What cars can you get manual transmissions on? I'm in the market for a used car, likely a sedan and would love to find a standard car, something nice that's 3yrs old...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What cars can you get manual transmissions on? I'm in the market for a used car, likely a sedan and would love to find a standard car, something nice that's 3yrs old...
Subaru still makes a few models with manual transmissions, including the Impreza and Crosstrek.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Audi, BMW?

Reaction Score
Subaru still makes a few models with manual transmissions, including the Impreza and Crosstrek.
I drove a friends Subaru a lot one summer late-80s and it had the worst acceleration & handling of any car I've ever driven. And I've driven some mediocre cars such as 1972 VW squareback, an Opel, a DatsunB210, Olds Omega & some crappy station wagon I bought near UConn. Not sure I can break this 30yr grudge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom