Tracking Mike Nebrich | The Boneyard

Tracking Mike Nebrich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nebrich is the backup for Fordham in their opener this Thursday against Lock Haven.

pj

Reaction Score
Doesn't the Fordham coach know he was the #1 passer in the state of Virginia?

Reaction Score
Word is that Nebrich will still be getting some snaps in each game because he brings the ability to run with the ball. So in a sense he is the wildcat qb; but the word wildcat hasn't been used.

I'm wondering if he's having second thoughts about transfering out. Since even in 1aa, there's gonna be competition. You gotta win the job, nothings given to you.

Ryan Higgins a senior, won the starting job, and from the practice reports, he earned it and was just better than the other qbs, including nebrich who only practiced 7 times with the team.

Reaction Score
Word is that Nebrich will still be getting some snaps in each game because he brings the ability to run with the ball. So in a sense he is the wildcat qb; but the word wildcat hasn't been used.

I'm wondering if he's having second thoughts about transfering out. Since even in 1aa, there's gonna be competition. You gotta win the job, nothings given to you.

Ryan Higgins a senior, won the starting job, and from the practice reports, he earned it and was just better than the other qbs, including nebrich who only practiced 7 times with the team.

Higgins is a SR... Nebrich gets that team fulltime the next 2 years... Not necessarily a bad deal for him...

Reaction Score
How is the pressure - good for the road trip on thurs.?

Reaction Score
maybe between fordham, maryland and townson we should get a new board? game day is hours away. i rather be checking my passenger side tire's for air then talking about fordham.
Here's the problem with thursday's game...If we don't win by 30 it is a problem. If we win by 50 we're bullies, and god help us if we lose. I hate those games. they rarely tell you much and you always run the risk that something bad will happen...but if its 35-3 in the 4th quarter, as it should be against a team starting 3 true freshmen, without their starting quarterback in their fist 1A season ever, it was almost not worth playing.

Reaction Score
Here's the problem with thursday's game...If we don't win by 30 it is a problem. If we win by 50 we're bullies, and god help us if we lose. I hate those games. they rarely tell you much and you always run the risk that something bad will happen...but if its 35-3 in the 4th quarter, as it should be against a team starting 3 true freshmen, without their starting quarterback in their fist 1A season ever, it was almost not worth playing.

Nothing bad happens if you win a game. Ever. I'm not worried about being a bully, and I'm not particularly worried about not winning by enough. Get the win, come out healthy and if we beat NC State the following week no one will remember what happened Thursday night.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Lets be bullies.

Reaction Score
maybe between fordham, maryland and townson we should get a new board? game day is hours away. i rather be checking my passenger side tire's for air then talking about fordham.

We could talk about 19th and 20th century warships, or nuclear submarines if you want....oh wait. done that.

These things happen when your so jacked up you can't sleep. I think I"ll go out and kick the tires. That front side seemed low. My wife's van I'm sure needs an oil change too. Maybe I'll paint the house.

Reaction Score

Screw em' hang 60+ on these redcoats!!

pj

Reaction Score

This is the Jim Calhoun early season patsy who lets you practice your stuff without too much resistance. Get the kinks out, see what the players are able to execute. I don't see why the margin of victory is a problem. No one's going to judge the UConn season by whether we covered the spread against UMass.

Reaction Score
Let's delete Nebrich from discussion. He "left" UConn and the less than stellar QB position. An injury to Whitmer and it's back to a mess - and he left. Wow! The one thing I'll say in his defense . . . We don't know if he could have been the answer. At a minimum he should have red shirted last season. Period. And if PP was gonna burn the RS then give the kid a fair chance. . . Heck the QB play last season was horrible . Makes you wish for the D.J. Days.
So I Was disappointed we never really found out after a year of hearing that all are problems were going to be solved. Not entirely on him.

Just let's hope history doesn't repeat itself with Cochran. HCPP . . . He red shirts this year. Done, non negotiable. Next year we' ll see. Hopefully he's not at New Haven or Amherst in two years.

Reaction Score
We could talk about 19th and 20th century warships, or nuclear submarines if you want....oh wait. done that.

These things happen when your so jacked up you can't sleep. I think I"ll go out and kick the tires. That front side seemed low. My wife's van I'm sure needs an oil change too. Maybe I'll paint the house.
Can you come to my house? Plenty to do here. Except the wife, I got that covered.

Reaction Score
What I've heard from a friend who is a fordham alum and follows them a bit is that Nebrich tends to want to run when he gets pressured. They are trying to teach him to stay in the pocket.

Reaction Score
Let's delete Nebrich from discussion. He "left" UConn and the less than stellar QB position. An injury to Whitmer and it's back to a mess - and he left. Wow! The one thing I'll say in his defense . . . We don't know if he could have been the answer. At a minimum he should have red shirted last season. Period. And if PP was gonna burn the RS then give the kid a fair chance. . . Heck the QB play last season was horrible . Makes you wish for the D.J. Days.
So I Was disappointed we never really found out after a year of hearing that all are problems were going to be solved. Not entirely on him.

Just let's hope history doesn't repeat itself with Cochran. HCPP . . . He red shirts this year. Done, non negotiable. Next year we' ll see. Hopefully he's not at New Haven or Amherst in two years.
I agree on Cochran, TDH. In some ways his broken wrist was a blessing since he couldn't compete for the starting job even if he wanted to and the coaches wanted him to do it. Based on the Spring game, though, and that was the only time I saw him, he was nowhere near ready. I also agree on Nebrich not getting much of a chance last year, but I tend to think that was because he simply wasn't up to it yet. It is a huge jump from High school to 1A level football...just huge. So it isn't a knock on the kid to say he wasn't ready. As far as this year, Whitmer is the guy. They went out and got him to be the guy, reardless of what Coach P says publicly. He wanted the position settled with someone who could make plays. They believed Whitmer could do that and his play indicated that he can.

Reaction Score

It's not so much the final score that matters as what happens in the first 2.5 quarters. If we're up 31-3 in the third and take our foot off the pedal and win 34-10, I don't think we'll complain. If it's 16-3 at halftime with 3 field goals and UMass tires late and we pull away, we'll have reason to worry.

pj

Reaction Score
Good for Nebrich. Given the push the Fordham lines were getting it's a surprise they only won by 55.

Reaction Score
to some degree this performance confirms a bit of what I heard about him...that he is mostly a runner who throws more "by surprise" sort of a McCummings type of player. I can see where two of those guys wouldn't fit on Pasqualoni's 2-deep. He is more zan Edsall style quarterback than what UConn is now looking for.

By the way, Lock Haven is a D-2 school I think. They were 0-10 last year. So a mismatch was not unexpected.

Reaction Score
to some degree this performance confirms a bit of what I heard about him...that he is mostly a runner who throws more "by surprise" sort of a McCummings type of player. I can see where two of those guys wouldn't fit on Pasqualoni's 2-deep. He is more zan Edsall style quarterback than what UConn is now looking for.

By the way, Lock Haven is a D-2 school I think. They were 0-10 last year. So a mismatch was not unexpected.

He is not mostly a runner. He was the most prolific passer in Virginia state history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom