Traci Carter (Committed to Marquette) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Traci Carter (Committed to Marquette)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
yanker3212: yo nailed it dude

who recruited gmen hoya current roster? they beez loaded; if that recruiter is interested in a New England upgrade over mean streets of DC . .

i says roll out red carpet to allow him to bring a teeming team so olywould have a tangible asset to mold

Say what? Try some English and get back to us in the morning. Or not. Yeah, that would be even better.

Reaction Score
I still think Cassell will be a good college PG when all is said and done. He's not fast, but he doesn't turn the ball over and his shot selection should improve and help his percentage. He hasn't been bad lately.

Samuel has been very good. Over the last 5 games he's been the only guy bringing it every game.

I don't think we'd depend on Carter next year any more than we did with TSam his freshman year. Maybe even less. Carter would also provide some depth if Calhoun decides to transfer somewhere to start his senior year, forcing Adams into the 2 spot more often. He'd be a good bench guy. Definitely not a make or break recruit or someone we absolutely need.

I doubt we have to worry about Omar going anywhere any more. There was a window where it was a concern coming off his PR punishment and with Hamilton playing so well at the 3, and then not playing in a couple games after being cleared - it did smell like he was preserving a year of eligibility for a possible mid-year transfer. Now that he's back and in the rotation, there's no point in leaving to sit out a year with only one year left.

It's not impossible, but he'd have to be pretty miserable at UConn to go somewhere else to play for one season.

Reaction Score
I still think Cassell will be a good college PG when all is said and done. He's not fast, but he doesn't turn the ball over and his shot selection should improve and help his percentage. He hasn't been bad lately.

Samuel has been very good. Over the last 5 games he's been the only guy bringing it every game.

I don't think we'd depend on Carter next year any more than we did with TSam his freshman year. Maybe even less. Carter would also provide some depth if Calhoun decides to transfer somewhere to start his senior year, forcing Adams into the 2 spot more often. He'd be a good bench guy. Definitely not a make or break recruit or someone we absolutely need.

1) TSam's freshman year had Bazz and Boat and to run the show. Next year we have a very good freshman (Adams) and two upperclassmen who are nowhere near Bazz and Boat. We could definitely use a top 100 overall recruit to help with the point position. By default Carter would get more burn that TSam his freshman year.

2) TSam is a solid contributor and good defender, but he is not a guy I want running the point for an entire season. He is a necessary role player, but if he becomes anything more than that we will be in trouble.

3) It's amazing you are still bringing up the possibility of Calhoun transferring. Calhoun isn't going anywhere, and if he did it would be a huge loss.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To be fair, said "cramming" has also led us to the likes of Jamaal Trice, Rob Garrison, Ben Eaves, and Phil Nolan.
Yeah and if you ask me Phil has not been successful at all as a point guard.

Reaction Score
1) TSam's freshman year had Bazz and Boat and to run the show. Next year we have a very good freshman (Adams) and two upperclassmen who are nowhere near Bazz and Boat. We could definitely use a top 100 overall recruit to help with the point position. By default Carter would get more burn that TSam his freshman year.

2) TSam is a solid contributor and good defender, but he is not a guy I want running the point for an entire season. He is a necessary role player, but if he becomes anything more than that we will be in trouble.

3) It's amazing you are still bringing up the possibility of Calhoun transferring. Calhoun isn't going anywhere, and if he did it would be a huge loss.

TSam has been better for sure but he still is inconsistent as many others are. His defense is solid, his ball handling is above average and he can get to the hole with space. But he scares me a lot when passing the ball and handling in traffic and that is normally not a real good trait for a PG. He's fine as a 15 minute guy, but we need another guy and this kid would be an improvement. Dorsey would be a drastic one though!

Reaction Score
I see a jump shot, pretty good speed, and solid ball handling/passing in that video. He looks like he can play at this level and would be a nice addition. I'm just wondering if this is another Darius Smith situation. I hope not.

I see that Louisville and Cincinatti have offered, but Jerry Meyer quickly put in a UConn prediction (don't shoot the messenger), so maybe there is some fire here.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Looks like exactly what we need. Can he do it in D-1 bball? Looks good to me but there are much better eyes in this forum.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have a scouting report on his game? We desperately need a floor general that can handle the rock

Reaction Score
Offers to UConn, N.C. State, SMU, Tennessee, Cincy, Louisville, Villanova, and a solid dozen or so more. Also drawing interest from Pitt and Ohio State. Seems to be a very legitimate D1 prospect, and I think he is ours.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
According to F150:

Strengths:
3pt Shooting
Agility
Ball-Handling
Changing Pace
Fundamentally Sound
Making Correct Passes

Needs to improve:
Finishing Through Contact
Mid-Range Shooting
Off-The-Dribble Shooting
Size For Position
Vocal / Floor General

The strengths include a few things we could definitely use.
We're also not too shabby remedying a lack of height at the 1.

Jerry Meyer gave us a crystal ball pick on 2/8 which is the most recent prediction. Ollie has to lock this kid down when he visits.

For those wondering why he isn't top 100, he was but was injured and missed the summer which dropped him 60 spots (90 to 150). Article on that here: http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...arter-may-miss-the-summer-after-knee-surgery/

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't know if it was already posted, but this is an excerpt from a Hoop Hall write-up.

bullet.gif
If there was any question about whether or not Traci Carterwould make an appearance in the final Rivals150 for the class of 2015, he locked it up on Sunday. The six-footer at Burlington (N.J.) Life Center was marvelous on both ends of the floor in their win over Orangeville. A relentless on the ball defender, Carter hounds opponents all over the floor. On the offensive end, he likes to shoot pull-up jumpers and he will attack the rim with abandon. He's probably not ever going to be a high percentage shooter but he plays with an energy that teammates feed off of. He had 18 points, 10 assists, seven rebounds and four steals. Carter says he currently has interest from Louisville, Indiana, Boston College, Creighton, Temple, Indiana, LaSalle, Seton Hall and DePaul and that he felt like all but the Cardinals and Hoosiers have offered.

Reaction Score
Offers to UConn, N.C. State, SMU, Tennessee, Cincy, Louisville, Villanova, and a solid dozen or so more. Also drawing interest from Pitt and Ohio State. Seems to be a very legitimate D1 prospect, and I think he is ours.

What makes you say that? Would certainly be great news if so...

Reaction Score
F the ball but jerry Meyer picked uconn for traci

Reaction Score
UConn is the latest to offer uncommitted 2015 PG @ , who plans to visit the school, he tells@

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom