Tournament thread - Day 2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tournament thread - Day 2

Reaction Score
1 (one) NCAA tourney win in 12 years as head coach for Cooley. Also one NCAA tourney win in 20 years for PC.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I honestly don’t know how Kyle Washington scores, he literally throws prayers at the rim and most of the time they go in.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Cincinnati's hand checking is going to be a problem for them in this tournament. Eventually they are going to run into an officiating crew that is going to wear out the whistle.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
And right on cue, they do. They just do not play good fundamental basketball in crunch time. And getting crushed on the boards. The Flagrant foul pretty much just sealed it.

I feel for the Friar loyalists like Friar J, but man... that team has got to stop choking in the tourney. Seriously - they need to consider moving on from Cooley. The guy just can not get it done in the clutch. Totally unimpressive game plan.

That game is Exhibit "A" for any UCONN fans harboring notions of hiring Cooley. No thanks. Let him stay there and keep them largely irrelevant.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Cincinnati needs to take this game more seriously. Bearcats are playing good defense, but screwing around on offense. They should be up 10.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Death, Taxes and Providence being booted from the NCAA tournament in the round of 64 every March.
PC right now reminds of Rutgers football in the Big East. Never really relevant but do just enough to get into the postseason than lose. Then their fans pump their chest about being average.

Reaction Score
Wow, its hard to get 16 points in the entire 40 minute rock fight with Cincy, much less in a half. I bet the leprechaun's face is purple.

They slowed him down - including a terrific block of an attempted dunk. They got tired of his man-bun and short shorts.

Reaction Score
I'm going to go on record in this thread and say that I believe Texas Southern might be the first 16 seed to beat a 1 seed. In my opinion Xavier is the weakest 1 seed that there has been in a number of years. TX Southern has played a brutal schedule and they aren't going to be afraid of Xavier...here's hoping we see some history today!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm going to go on record in this thread and say that I believe Texas Southern might be the first 16 seed to beat a 1 seed. In my opinion Xavier is the weakest 1 seed that there has been in a number of years. TX Southern has played a brutal schedule and they aren't going to be afraid of Xavier...here's hoping we see some history today!

Strongly considered making that pick in my bracket but didn't. It really could happen.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I actually have GaST in one of my brackets because it’s Cronin and it’s March. Fingers crossed.

I really thought it would be different this year--this is their most talented team. I saw Wichita State coming, as they've sorta struggled in the AAC this year, but thought Cincy would roll

Reaction Score
The KenPom on them is pretty grim. They're not a good 16-seed despite their road travels.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Marshall's center looks like he switches pivot feet every time he touches the ball.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Cumberland is everything I wished Evans would be. He always comes to play in big games. He's gonna need help in the second half or we gonna lose.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I really thought it would be different this year--this is their most talented team. I saw Wichita State coming, as they've sorta struggled in the AAC this year, but thought Cincy would roll
I’m sure they’ll pull away in second half. But really only like 30%.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think Texas Southern can beat Xavier. I don’t think they will, but they can.

I think an absolutely ton of things would have to go wrong for Xavier, but if nothing else, TXSO won’t be awed by them - they’re not the best team they’ve seen this a season.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I think Texas Southern can beat Xavier. I don’t think they will, but they can.

I think an absolutely ton of things would have to go wrong for Xavier, but if nothing else, TXSO won’t be awed by them - they’re not the best team they’ve seen this a season.
X'a Achilles heel is small quick guards and TX Southern has the ultimate small quick guard in Jefferson. That dude is gonna chuck em up.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Cumberland is everything I wished Evans would be. He always comes to play in big games. He's gonna need help in the second half or we gonna lose.

Hes my favorite player on your team.

I love Clark as a person but Cumberland hooked me last year.

Hes a winner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom