Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - Sweet 16 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - Sweet 16

Reaction Score
Pathetic half from Marquette. It's Kolek and then 4 other guys who look like they've never picked up a basketball before.

Oso has disappeared at the end of the season.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Marquette did have good teams before Shaka arrived.
Right. They have but They haven’t been in sweet 16 since 2013

Reaction Score
Can someone explain that cylinder call where burns elbowed the dude into the cheerleaders, then tossed the ball into the stands in frustration? They appeared to have reversed the call as a foul on the Marquette player.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
shoulda been a 1 bid league. marquette getting cooked
Vibing Nc State Basketball GIF by NC State Athletics

Reaction Score
Kolek has 14 points and 6 rebounds on 6-8 shooting. The rest of the team has diarrhea in their pants.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Can someone explain that cylinder call where burns elbowed the dude into the cheerleaders, then tossed the ball into the stands in frustration? They appeared to have reversed the call as a foul on the Marquette player.
Defenders aren’t supposed to intrude on the offensive player to the extent they are basically rubbing up on him. Mitchell came in hard and bumped him then smothered him, fatty threw the elbow in response and they changed the call reviewing the elbow.

Reaction Score
I want the Big East teams to advance, but at the same time, I don’t really want to face them again this season. They know us best.
Apparently it is NC State you don't want to face.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Defenders aren’t supposed to intrude on the offensive player to the extent they are basically rubbing up on him. Mitchell came in hard and bumped him then smothered him, fatty threw the elbow in response and they changed the call reviewing the elbow.

Throwing the ball into the stands still should have been a technical.

Reaction Score
Not sure I've ever seen 4 starters play this badly in a tournament game, Kolek deserves much better.

Reaction Score
After the way we have played in our last 9 tournament games I almost forgot what it was like for a team to show up like a deer in headlights for a tournament game.

Watching Marquette tonight I am now reminded, in spades. They are making N.C. State look like a top 5 team in the country. Hint: they are not. Not even with them playing better recently.

I see Purdue is struggling too.

Interesting that now in 4 full games last night and 2 first halves tonight the only higher seeded team to not struggle or look like the Sweet 16 was too big for them has been us.

Joplin just put the finishing touches on one of the more pathetic displays of basketball that I have seen a "very good" team put on in quite awhile. Can't even hit 1 of 3 free throws... wow.

Reactions: caw

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom