Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - Sweet 16 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - Sweet 16

Orc

Reaction Score
That domask guy sure likes to back down his defender. Im cringing at the thought of Karaban guarding him

Reaction Score
He also looks a bit out of control and is getting pretty open looks thanks to ISU's defensive style. He'll see a much different look against us.

Illinois' offense has a more one and one than I expected.
Illinois's offense reminds me of Miami's offense from last year. Both offense make me nervous

Reaction Score
Feels like Iowa St gives up an offensive rebound and then fouls on every possession
They are giving up offensive rebounds because their half court traps have them scrambling and out of position when the Illinois player passes out of the traps easily. The guards for Illinois are tall

Reaction Score
Really don't understand the tournament's shift from CBS, it's a Saturday, what else on that network could take precedent.
TBS and CBS are owned by separate parent companies. TBS/TruTV is Warner Brothers. CBS is Paramount. The reason why both TBS and CBS do the tournament is because CBS couldn't afford to pay for the whole contract back in 2014, so they made a deal with Turner to have joint ownership of the rights.

Turner is actually paying more than half for the rights. so they obviously want to air some good games too.

TBS is also airing the Final Four and Championship Game.

Reaction Score
Are you at the game auror?
I have to say the Illinois fans were louder than the UConn fans
We were louder when we had to be. UConn fans mostly rooting for Illinois boosted their sound (and orange stands out). Good showing for Illinois fans, but pockets vs coverage.

xclamations

Portal Kombat III
Reaction Score
Had a feeling Illinois would be the Elite 8 matchup (since the big ten semis i watched) when they were put in the east. Exciting!
And great rematch win tonight by 30!? its getting real main character energy out here; one game at a time Go Huskies !!!!!

Reaction Score
UNC could be a problem if we get past the Illinois/Iowa State winner. Great big man in Bacot, deadeye three point threat in Ryan and fans that travel well. It looks like UNC will win, but would rather see Alabama win, although they're a great three point shooting team.

As a side note, Alabama has the North Dakota State transfer big man Nelson I was hoping UConn would get, but with DC here, no real spot for him. He starts for Alabama.
Deadeye is giving Ryan too much credit, he's had his moments this year but he's also had a number of games where he's been given wide open looks and bricked them, including against UConn. He's never really been an elite shooter despite spending a decade in college.

caw

Reaction Score
ISU is just a horrid offensive team. They are getting open layups and shots and rushing everything. Illinois shockingly has only 36 at the half.

Reaction Score
UNC could be a problem if we get past the Illinois/Iowa State winner. Great big man in Bacot, deadeye three point threat in Ryan and fans that travel well. It looks like UNC will win, but would rather see Alabama win, although they're a great three point shooting team.

As a side note, Alabama has the North Dakota State transfer big man Nelson I was hoping UConn would get, but with DC here, no real spot for him. He starts for Alabama.
I know it was not exactly neutral since it was at MSG... but we did already beat them by 11 this year, without Castle. And also while I can't say personally say how much UNC has improved over the year, I'm pretty confident in saying that UConn is significantly better than they were in December.

Reaction Score
I don't know but I really hope it's "clash of the titans"
I understand your point of view. When I was in St Petersburg for 1999 Final Four all the UConn fans were pulling for Michigan State because they thought they would be easier. I was one of the only UConn fans in my section going for Duke

Reaction Score
There is no other team that matches up with us better than Illinois... except for maybe Marquette with a fully healthy Kolek. And even then Illinois' interior game is better than Marquette's. Ighodaro is good. Really good at times. But he disappears at times because he seems to get very passive. Illinois' bigs do not seem to disappear like he does. I have been beating this drum for weeks. In fact, I placed bets on us, Marquette... and Illinois to win it all 15 minutes before the brackets were announced, and was pissed they stuck Illinois as a 3-seed with us. I figured they would beat Iowa St. and be our biggest threat, and it is working out exactly that way.

Either way... this is our biggest hurdle. It will be a war to the very end. Hopefully that track meet against a very talented St. John's team in the Big East semi finals will help us in preparing for this matchup.

Reaction Score
I am surprised they call the foul on defender. I think they called being in the cylinder.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Illinois has a legit offense. But they’re going to ask guys who are 6’8 and 6’9 to battle in the paint with a 7’2 lottery pick.

Reaction Score
That domask guy sure likes to back down his defender. Im cringing at the thought of Karaban guarding him
I think Karaban is big enough and strong enough to handle Domask. Now if it's Karaban against Dre Davis that's a different story

Reaction Score
Illinois has a legit offense. But they’re going to ask guys who are 6’8 and 6’9 to battle in the paint with a 7’2 lottery pick.
As long as it’s NU Don instead of 1st half SDSU Don.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Two good games going on. UNC just took a dumb shot up 1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom