Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 1st Round | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 1st Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So like what the panel was saying, the call is not reviewable. BUT, I think the NCAA should add a Challenge rule. Where, maybe one time per game, possibly only within the last 5 minutes of the game, a ref's decision can be challenged by a coach. Making a call reversible. If they lose the Challenge, they lose a timeout.

Reaction Score
99 out 100 times that ends in a foul, but there is no excuse for missing it at a critical moment that probably cost game. I’d like to see each side have one right to replay review in tournament games. That was an easy overturn.

Reaction Score
Why? It’s house money. Nobody expects anything. I’m up at 12:32 on a work night watching.
My Kentucky friend who texts with us every day about Cal and how annoyed he is with him has gone dark...

Reaction Score
That call was hilarious. You expect it in Phog, not so much in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Imagine how much that kid would cry if he got to play with our staff.

Reaction Score
So many reviews in that KU game. They should only do reviews if a team challenges a call- and if they lose the challenge they lose a timeout. Already out of Timeouts? No challenge.
And I have no problem if they challenge fouls like the Sanford "foul"

Reaction Score
NIL is not good for commercials. Caitlin Clark and Armando Bacot are great players, but the most God awful actors I've ever seen. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
I've lived abroad for a decade and don't watch US TV aside from March madness and every time a game goes to commercial it is so jarring for me. They are ALL so freaking bad. I mean they couldn't be that bad unless they were doing it on purpose levels of awful. I make good use of the mute button. Maybe if people are living stateside year round they just get used to the commercials. But dear lorrrrrd, are they painfully annoying.

Reaction Score
Dreadful call he had an awful angle and had no right blowing that whistle. They must’ve felt bad for the shorthanded Jayhawks :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
All ball, but the requirements for an all ball block are just different when you’re playing Kansas

temery

What?
Reaction Score
So like what the panel was saying, the call is not reviewable. BUT, I think the NCAA should add a Challenge rule. Where, maybe one time per game, possibly only within the last 5 minutes of the game, a ref's decision can be challenged by a coach. Making a call reversible. If they lose the Challenge, they lose a timeout.

Give three off court refs a monitor at home. All challenges should be decided in seconds.

If the challenger loses, they should lose more than a time out.

Reaction Score
Unsurprisingly, Kansas fans think they got screwed for the entire rest of the game, so they don't care that the block was good.

Reaction Score
I understand that ref's have a really difficult job and 9 out of 10 times a play like that results in a foul, but that was a clean block (and what an impressive play!). It a shame we didn't get the chance to see some madness there at the end.
We pay them to get those calls right. Otherwise any of us could be doing this from the stands.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Unsurprisingly, Kansas fans think they got screwed for the entire rest of the game, so they don't care that the block was good.
Samford got away with a lot of the same things we complain about Providence getting away with. But it's the tournament and that's just how it is.

Reaction Score
Don’t know if this has been said yet, but there has to be bench challenge at the end of games. Or one per half like football. Only remedy possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom