Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 1st Round | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 1st Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BTW Timberlake the exact same phantom foul call on a missed dunk in the first half.

Reaction Score
It was clean but there were no refs down to even see it.
20240322_005459.jpg

Ref was right there with a perfect view.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That phantom foul is one of the worst calls in NCAA history. It is one thing to be in the wrong side of a judgment call or miss a call, but to see the right call, and call it wrong, is cheating.

Reaction Score
It is one thing to swallow a whistle and not make a call, but how do you make a call on a play where no part of the defender ever touches the shooter/attempting dunker.
Let's see if the NCAA apologizes to Samford. They should have had a possession to win it and down only 1.

Reaction Score
Obviously got screwed on the foul call, but Samford let Kansas leak a guy out deep like 3 plays in a row. You shouldn't even be letting Timberlake get a pass in your own half there.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If the refs wanted Kansas to win so badly, why not just foul out the whole Samford team in the first half so I don't stay up until 1 am for that crap.

Reaction Score
If Timberlake is a little more coordinated and does not completely lose his own balance and slam into the court, that foul may not have been called. (Then again, it’s Kansas.)

caw

Reaction Score
So of the teams UConn played this year so far UNC, Creighton, KU, Gonzaga and Texas all through.

KU vs Gonzaga to the S16. UNC has a pretty tough game against MSU perhaps.
Creighton should also go against Oregon. Texas gets Tennessee though.

Reaction Score
If Timberlake is a little more coordinated and does not completely lose his own balance and slam into the court, that foul may not have been called. (Then again, it’s Kansas.)
I had that same thought. Pretty much all happened because of Timberlake’s ability to make everything so difficult and unathletic.

Reaction Score
So like what the panel was saying, the call is not reviewable. BUT, I think the NCAA should add a Challenge rule. Where, maybe one time per game, possibly only within the last 5 minutes of the game, a ref's decision can be challenged by a coach. Making a call reversible. If they lose the Challenge, they lose a timeout.

Reaction Score
I understand that ref's have a really difficult job and 9 out of 10 times a play like that results in a foul, but that was a clean block (and what an impressive play!). It a shame we didn't get the chance to see some madness there at the end.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Two refs had unobstructed views of the play. There is no excuse for that call. These refs have to be rated among the best to work the NCAA Tournament, and I have a hard time believing that both of them missed the call. It is hard to reach a conclusion other than they wanted Kansas to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom