Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 1st Round | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 1st Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BTW - did anyone catch that the day prior to the NCAA tournament starting, the SEC came out with their big news? The 2025 SEC football schedule.

The B-ball thing is merely a distraction, because the spring practices aren't televised (outside of the intrasquad scrimmage).

Reaction Score
Why does CBS seem to be pulling for BYU? How do you not pull for the underdog that hasn't been in the tournament for 47 years? I've only watched sporadically, but all I keep hearing is "here comes BYU... that's their game!" They were disappointed that a flagrant wasn't called on the Dukes earlier for a block out that I don't even think should've been a foul.

Just seems odd. Not like BYU losing would hurt CBS ratings later in the tournament.

Reaction Score
BYU has to be one of the worst teams finishing around the rim I’ve ever seen. They’ve left so many points out there on easy buckets.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Long Beach State is playing with a fired coach.

Which means they’re primed for a Cinderella run.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can we please come up with another phrase besides "lets gooooo"? Its all anybody says.

Reaction Score
BYU has to be one of the worst teams finishing around the rim I’ve ever seen. They’ve left so many points out there on easy buckets.
BYU is #1 in the country in FG% at the rim. They also barely shoot them though (4th fewest attempts)

Reaction Score
NIL is not good for commercials. Caitlin Clark and Armando Bacot are great players, but the most God awful actors I've ever seen. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Feels like the Dukes getting away with a lot.

Reaction Score
BYU is #1 in the country in FG% at the rim. They also barely shoot them though (4th fewest attempts)
Not today. Traore has missed 4-5 bunnies by himself. The rest of the guys a bunch more.

Edit: add another missed bunny for Traore.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I scheduled a hernia surgery yesterday so I can sit at home for the next four days watching basketball and hopped up on opiates…
you are lucky - my hernia scheduled itself- strangulation nearly did me in

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Arizona looked at the calendar and saw it was March.

LBSU is not good enough to beat Zona, but that team could choke on a pea.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Duquesne isn't that good on either end. Their forwards have stone hands and their interior defense just sucks.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The one obvious thing all year is that aside from UConn, Purdue and Houston, there was a lot of parity. I'm not surprised we are seeing close games.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Duquesne isn't that good on either end. Their forwards have stone hands and their interior defense just sucks.
Defense isn’t hard when all you have to do is run a team off the 3 point line.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The one obvious thing all year is that aside from UConn, Purdue and Houston, there was a lot of parity. I'm not surprised we are seeing close games.
Purdue has a cakewalk to the elite 8, wouldn’t be surprised to see them fudge it up still.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Agreed. People shouldn't read too much into lopsided scores either, because if you play those games again, the result could be the mirror score. There just is not much of a gap between the 2 and roughly the 12 seeds.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
A lot of these mid-majors have lineups better equipped to do that than some power programs.

Reaction Score
Me neither, other than I slightly favor Mississippi State so I don't have to hear how great a March coach Izzo is for the next 2 days. I believe there is a picture of Mississippi State next to the word "mediocre" in the dictionary.
I wonder if the people that constantly hype how good Izzo is in MARCH realize that he mostly sucks in APRIL?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

You would think, but there were two BYU possessions in a row between 3 and 2 minutes left where BYU got dunks or layups off horrendous defense by Duquesne. On the dunk, the Duquesne forward just watched the BYU player dunk. He didn't do much of anything defensively. Duquesne was 2 games over .500 in the A10 for a reason.

Reaction Score
guys, how did you let this big oaf on creighton win dpoy over clingan?
Clingan missed 25% of the games so didn't really have an argument

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't miss Whaler that often on this board, but he would always lose his spit when a team would screw up clock management like BYU just did. It was always entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom