Tour de France - 2023 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tour de France - 2023

Reaction Score
This year's Tour is so good that even the time trial was something.
Most Amazing Time Trial!!! These three riders are so good, no one else comes close.

Wout Van Aert - Dropped the hammer by taking the best time and a big lead at the time.
Tadej Pogacar - Amazing ride beating #3 Van Aert by 1:13!
Jonas Vingegaard - Beat Pogacar by 1:38!!! Are you kidding me?! 1:38 on a ride of only 32:36!

Pogacar's strategy of changing bikes from a TT bike to a road bike on the last climb probably cost him about 15-20 seconds when you factor in slowing down, changing bikes, and getting back up to speed again. Vingegaard was just on fire and never paused for a second even climbing on a TT bike. It was simply amazing. Vingegaard was going all out from the start and never ever let up. I thought playing defense on the mountain climbs hurt Vingegaard because Pogacar is so explosive at the end of stages and can out sprint. JV just increased his lead from 10 seconds to 1:48.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
Another epic stage for the Tour de France. Such huge crowds, though, scare me for the riders’ safety.

Reaction Score
Another epic stage for the Tour de France. Such huge crowds, though, scare me for the riders’ safety.
The mountain stages are crazy with the crowds but exciting too. There is always some random fan like the other day when a guy swung his camera out and knocked Sepp Kuss down causing a crash. I always wonder what the crowds would be like here if cycling were as popular. I would imagine lots of tailgating and bands lining the route.

Reaction Score
As good as Jasper Philipsen is, I think he choked. Twice. I believe I saw him coasting very close to the finish line on the Champs. He was focused on 1 rider and had no idea Meeus was challenging. Congrats to Vindegaard!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom