OT: - Total Eclipse April 8th | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Total Eclipse April 8th

Reaction Score
93% totality here in MA with a nice bright sunny day. At peak, the ambient light was a bit darker, especially in my room with skylight windows. like twilight. But not dark. Neat enough using the glasses to see it mostly covered, but not exactly life changing.
Same in southern NH.

Reaction Score
The owls were crazy during the full eclipse up here in the north country. The @Chin Diesel article is good but please do your local eye doctor a favor and do NOT call tomorrow with an "emergency" from looking at the sun. The next few weeks are going to be hell for all local ECPs...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We had some clouds and fog which made seeing the eclipse a bit easier. Somewhere about 80% max on western Panhandle of Florida.

20240408_135803.jpg

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Home in Florida where we don't want to block the sun. Also my eyes are dilated from my ophthalmology appt

Reaction Score
100% totality here in Buffalo. Nighttime arrived in 2 seconds. That was wild. But seeing the corona and the sun flares, red beads, was really much more than I was expecting.

We saw 4 minutes of totality in a pocket surrounded by clouds. 30 minutes north in Niagara people reported seeing only 10 seconds of total eclipse. Downtown Buffalo got ZERO view.

I live in North Central Buffalo and it was like the sky opened a pocket for us to see.

In the ADKs here. Perfect weather, no clouds around the sun at all. Much cooler than I expected in the totality. I doubt I'll ever have that experience again.

I can't get over how cold it got. Must've dropped 20 degrees.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
In the ADKs here. Perfect weather, no clouds around the sun at all. Much cooler than I expected in the totality. I doubt I'll ever have that experience again.

Make one wrong comment about your SO's clothing choices in front of her friends. It'll make the eclipse feel like the cauldrons of hell.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Glendale still gets around 65% of the eclipse. I’ll take 65% of an eclipse and watch the national championship in person vs 100% of the eclipse but not watch it in person any day…

Perfect example of a both/and. Enjoy your day!

I'm full happy having spent time in the path of totality, accessed pretty easily, and anticipating a leisurely drive 30 miles back to LouKY through the Indiana countryside on a lovely mid-70s day, with pretty shifting cloud cover.

Plus, I'm thankful for this opportunity to once again showcase my bad photography skills. Zoom in if you dare to bother, and see spot of the moon inside the center of sun up in the sky, and my favorite mother-daughter combo down at the bottom on the sloping, dandelion-covered ground at the Washington County Justice Center.

In person, it was exactly the quintessential thin, white ring surrounding the black circle that you see when you are looking at the work of someone with good equipment and knowledge of how to use it.

Attachments

• 20240408_165036.jpg
    20240408_165036.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pretty tame here in MA. Last time we had 100%. The NASA video of totality hitting in Cleveland was pretty cool.

Reaction Score
Most of the sun was blocked but didn’t get very dark. It was still humbling making me feel like a speck of dust across the multi-verses.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Have to admit, this is one of the coolest (and now least useful) collectibles out there in the golf world:

Reaction Score
Most of the sun was blocked but didn’t get very dark. It was still humbling making me feel like a speck of dust across the multi-verses.
You really need all of it blocked- when it was happening, while there was still a bit of sun not blocked, it was light outside. Same thing when moon moved to unhide the sun, the smallest amount of sun reappearing caused the artificial night to end

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Mind blowing. I’ve witnessed partial eclipses before but the difference between 90% and 100% is the difference between jumping off the ground and flying to the moon. Incredibly breathtaking and really really hard to explain.

Now I’m back at base camp getting ready to puke watching our guys. Go Huskies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom