OT: - Total Eclipse April 8th | The Boneyard

OT: Total Eclipse April 8th

Reaction Score
So...it is hard enough planning to see the eclipse, now we have games on Saturday and potentially Monday to worry about too!

My plan is to watch the game Saturday then use Sunday as a travel day to upstate NY. Do not underestimate the traffic in areas near the eclipse path! I will be in the sticks of Adirondack Park for the big solar event Monday afternoon. As for the possible big sporting event...it will be exciting trying to navigate back to civilization in time for the game

Curious what others are doing for this unique set of events

Reaction Score
So...it is hard enough planning to see the eclipse, now we have games on Saturday and potentially Monday to worry about too!

My plan is to watch the game Saturday then use Sunday as a travel day to upstate NY. Do not underestimate the traffic in areas near the eclipse path! I will be in the sticks of Adirondack Park for the big solar event Monday afternoon. As for the possible big sporting event...it will be exciting trying to navigate back to civilization in time for the game

Staying home. The eclipse is coming to me here in the Rochester area.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score

IMG_7753.gif

Reaction Score
We'll be heading up to Burlington VT to watch it. Have a friend visiting, don't know if he is a basketball fan, but he'll find out we are watching UConn on Fri, Sat, Sun and Monday

Reaction Score
Total solar eclipses are can't-miss events for me. Had a great experience in 2017 down in NC. Probably will be headed up to the Adirondacks for this one. Fingers crossed for good weather...

The next one in North America isn't until 2045. Half this board will probably be dead
It looks like sunny day on Monday up here too!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Made plans months ago to be in VT for the eclipse. Heading up there Friday and will be watching the final 4 from basecamp. Weather so far looks really promising - eclipse hits about 3:30 there so we should have plenty of time to get back for the final should we make it.

Reaction Score
I live in Waterbury VT and am in the path of the total eclipse. One of my cousins have asked if she and her friend can visit from CT and sit in my driveway to watch. I have to say Ok, but knowing what starts at 9:20PM that night either clear out in plenty of time (which I hope they do) or get ready to watch a total freakin lunatic watch the championship game. If they stay and watch the game with me they will be in for a real treat and hope they understand I will virtually ignore them for 2 hours. I hate watching games with other people. My wife tried watching the Illinois game with me but after I yelled at Clingan for missing the bunny on the first possession she asked me if I thought he could hear me and walked away. Sorry I yelled at you Donovan.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I'm in the panhandle of Florida. I think we are in a 70%-80% coverage area. Just found out from one our neighbors and a good friend, she is traveling to Arkansas to some park with some 'shrooms and gear to do a two-day trek and watch it there. For some reason she thought throwing in the fact she'll be carrying bear spray with her for safety made it sound any more normal or rational.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’m right on the line of the eclipse in Buffalo/Niagara region, so I took the day off.

Businesses and schools are closing for a bit and I’m gonna stare into the sun and pray to all that is holy that I end that day with a 6th championship.

Hopefully still able to see the game by 9:00, I don’t mess with those glasses, I’m going in raw.

Reaction Score
Here in Connecticut we should get between 80-90% totality around 3:10-3:25pm Monday afternoon. Much higher percentage than in 2017. All we need are clear skies.

eclipse path 2024-01.jpg

Reaction Score
I’m right on the line of the eclipse in Buffalo/Niagara region, so I took the day off.

Businesses and schools are closing for a bit and I’m gonna stare into the sun and pray to all that is holy that I end that day with a 6th championship.

Hopefully still able to see the game by 9:00, I don’t mess with those glasses, I’m going in raw.
I know this is probably a joke but please wear proper eye protection! Solar retinopathy is no joke, and if affected we are talking Permanent vision loss/decrease depending on where the retinopathy is

Reaction Score
This Saturday I'm driving from Queretaro MX to Mazatlan MX with a stop in Guadalajara. I'll be watching the Bama game in Guadalajara.... yes, I know my allegiance and dedication to our Huskies is in question... I'm a casual fan.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I know this is probably a joke but please wear proper eye protection! Solar retinopathy is no joke, and if affected we are talking Permanent vision loss/decrease depending on where the retinopathy is

I’m tougher than the sun, pal!

Reaction Score
No matter how good the weather is where you will be watching, it still takes some luck to see eclipse. I was in Nashville in 2017 for the total eclipse under sunny skies but an untimely cloud prevented us from seeing the full effects of the eclipse. Traffic on I-65 was bumper to bumper for hours as we traveled north to Kentucky to return home.

I had the opportunity to witness this year's event in Austin with a UConn dorm mate but will pass this time around. Enjoy it if you can.

Reaction Score
Heading up I-91 now to Newport VT- traffic on highway is heavier than usual. First plans were to go to Burlington, VT, but forecast has clouds arriving there around 1 pm. Newport is supposed to be sunny until 5 pm. Temps expected to be 55 up there.

Reaction Score
Here in Delaware 85-90%. We're heading to the beach to watch.

Reaction Score
Heading up I-91 now to Newport VT- traffic on highway is heavier than usual. First plans were to go to Burlington, VT, but forecast has clouds arriving there around 1 pm. Newport is supposed to be sunny until 5 pm. Temps expected to be 55 up there.

I also imagine Burlington will be a nightmare with traffic

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom