TOS- Miller is gone | Page 5 | The Boneyard

TOS- Miller is gone

Reaction Score
Ollie in the club would be hilarious.

Dude is 45 years old with college aged children. If he stepped foot in a club in this state there'd be thousands of pictures out.

People need to make up better stories.

All that info is coming from one guy who is pissed his man miller got canned. He's fighting with oz and saying ridiculous things. Maybe Ollie does go to the bar--I don't really care as long as uconn wins games. All sorts of people go out on fridays.

Or maybe you overestimate the relevancy the program has with the average 20 something club goer. For a program as diminished as ours is recently, thousands of pics of KO being out sounds a little exaggerated.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I still personally believe the coaching has gone down hill since the divorce but who knows. Maybe the players just aren't as good.
I think starting with Adams they've gotten much better talent wise and iq wise

Reaction Score
Or maybe you overestimate the relevancy the program has with the average 20 something club goer. For a program as diminished as ours is recently, thousands of pics of KO being out sounds a little exaggerated.

I am a 20 something. Everyone knows who Kevin Ollie is.

He didn't even sa club, he said bar on TOS. Big difference between a bar in Glastonbury (where KO lives I believe) and a "club"

I think it's disgusting that people on any board would accuse KO of being an alcoholic. That's a low blow even for the boneyard

Edit: thousands was an exaggeration. But it would get out. certainly on the boneyard, EVERYTHING gets here.

Reaction Score

He didn't even sa club, he said bar on TOS. Big difference between a bar in Glastonbury (where KO lives I believe) and a "club"

I think it's disgusting that people on any board would accuse KO of being an alcoholic. That's a low blow even for the boneyard
He said bar, but in another thread there was a bit about clubs as well, and trolling for ...

Anyway, in such poor taste, but again, there was something uncomfortable in the certainty.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Edit: thousands was an exaggeration. But it would get out. certainly on the boneyard, EVERYTHING gets here.

If you notice when things are going well about 50% of the posters disappear bc they don't care about adding anything meaningful to the discussion of the program and really don't care about the program. When something negative happens the filth comes out full force. It's vile. They spread rumors and team up to support the negative comments

Reaction Score
He said bar, but in another thread there was a bit about clubs as well, and trolling for ...

Anyway, in such poor taste, but again, there was something uncomfortable in the certainty.

If KO has a personal problem, let's hope he gets help. This has no business being on a basketball board.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yeah. He certainly seemed more up in arms, and had turned on KO quickly. I didn't give the story too much credence, but enough people here have been suggesting changes in KO after his divorce (which has always seemed silly to me) and his absolute confidence that if people went out they'd see it too.

There've just been weird whispers around here for the last few years. I've assumed it's just what happens when you underperform, and still think that's what it is. But it's been more strangely specific than it ever was with Calhoun.
You will never know the absolute truth about anything particularly if it's about human interactions.

I would be shocked if the divorce did not have impacts on KO. However what those impacts would be are impossible to discern. And even more difficult would be to prove if it has any impact on his ability to coach.

Every commentary people make about players and coaches will have filters. Too many of us have a personal investment and subjective lenses when it comes to issues and how we respond to them.
You are correct that when things are going badly or if someone has a profile that we do not like we're more likely to invent negative rumors. KO became coach during APR and CR hitting UConn. Those negative events were upsetting to fans. With each additional difficulty more and more people struggle to deal with them. So unless someone has definitive proofs of character failure, more than likely the rumor mill is gearing up as the result of people's inability to deal with bad seasons.

Reaction Score
TOS...where there apparently is a small army of people with close access to the program who spout off every rumor inside the locker room onto a message board with no consequence. I don't recall anything like this under Calhoun, but maybe I wasn't paying attention.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
TOS...where there apparently is a small army of people with close access to the program who spout off every rumor inside the locker room onto a message board with no consequence. I don't recall anything like this under Calhoun, but maybe I wasn't paying attention.
bc to the older crowd and the crazies calhoun is god to everyone and he never struggled so when the calhoun diehards see something that can bring heat to ollie and the program now , they go with it and stir up unnecessary controversy. instead of being for the university they're only in it for themselves (not just the TOS but here)

Reaction Score
Excessive drinking, bar hopping and juvenile behavior are recent divorcee behaviors 101.

I'm not saying that's the case, but c'mon guys. He's a human. Humans human all the time. It's not that far fetched.

Reaction Score
Excessive drinking, bar hopping and juvenile behavior are recent divorcee behaviors 101.

I'm not saying that's the case, but c'mon guys. He's a human. Humans human all the time. It's not that far fetched.
With all due respect, that's exactly what your are saying

Reaction Score
I feel like I've said this too many time, but I'll say it again.

For god sakes, please stop talking about Ollie drinking, alcoholism, clubbing anything. That is a serious personal attack.

Reaction Score
Also people need to stop celebrating a man losing his job. No matter the circumstances

I'll never feel bad when a head coach making millions gets fired but it's a completely different situation when it's an assistant. Miller will land on his feet, though.

Reaction Score
Glenn Miller change is a shot across KO's bow. AD Dave is not playing around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom