Torn | The Boneyard

Torn

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I was thinking when we went up 21-7 that it was just a matter of time before the O would screw something up and hand the game back to them, although I was not too upset when it happened because a win might have perpetuated the Pasqualoni Era past this season. I like Michigan, so losing to them like we were supposed to didn't bother me, and we at least kept the crowd involved until close to the end. I was torn between wanting to see us pull off the huge upset and making sure that Pasqualoni will be gone with the loss. The end result might be a win-win situation.

I know it's a major league second guess at this point, but we will never know what might have been if Nebrich had been given a decent chance to show what he could do. I know comparing DIA and IAA is apples and oranges, but Nebrich is having a lot of success at Fordham. It makes one wonder if he could have done the same thing at the highest level surrounded by better overall talent. Whitmer's problem is he doesn't know how to win games. Has he ever stepped up and made one big play when it absolutely had to be made? Perhaps in the Louisville game last season but that's all I can remember. When we win games it's almost always because of the defense. I have zero confidence in Whitmer's ability to take a game by the throat and win it.

Reaction Score
I know it's a major league second guess at this point, but we will never know what might have been if Nebrich had been given a decent chance to show what he could do. I know comparing DIA and IAA is apples and oranges, but Nebrich is having a lot of success at Fordham. It makes one wonder if he could have done the same thing at the highest level surrounded by better overall talent. Whitmer's problem is he doesn't know how to win games. Has he ever stepped up and made one big play when it absolutely had to be made? Perhaps in the Louisville game last season but that's all I can remember. When we win games it's almost always because of the defense. I have zero confidence in Whitmer's ability to take a game by the throat and win it.

Nebrich can tuck and run with the best of them. 3 or 4 tuck and runs might have won the game tonight.

Does Whitmer know that running with the ball is not against the rules? He could have run for 10 on the INT play.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Nebrich can tuck and run with the best of them. 3 or 4 tuck and runs might have won the game tonight.

Does Whitmer know that running with the ball is not against the rules? He could have run for 10 on the INT play.

I can only surmise that he doesn't like getting hit. That's what it looks like to me.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

The first down inside UM territory with three minutes to go, when he got to the edge and would have gotten four or five yards- but hurled it downfield to a near-INT, was a killer. The whole possession spiraled out of control from there.

Reaction Score

I said the same thing out loud when that pass was still in the air........sea parted for him......had at least 8 in front of him.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The first down inside UM territory with three minutes to go, when he got to the edge and would have gotten four or five yards- but hurled it downfield to a near-INT, was a killer. The whole possession spiraled out of control from there.

Everyone in our section went crazy on this play. One of several bad decisions by our state QB.

Reaction Score
Everyone in our section went crazy on this play. One of several bad decisions by our state QB.
wondering the same thing. Incompletion vs 2-3 yards on geound Head scratcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom