Topps first ever March Madness trading cards | The Boneyard

Topps first ever March Madness trading cards

Reaction Score

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Do the players get NIL money from Topps for using their images?

Reaction Score
No JuJu? No Betts? Three LSU players - no Gamecocks?

Should be at least one player from all 8 one seeds plus a couple more if. It’s only gonna be ten players.
Seeing no Gamecocks on the list was a big goof up. But how would they have it ready in time based on the seedings? If anything shouldn't the rankings during the season be used instead?

Reaction Score
$140 (plus shipping, I'm sure). I think I'll pass. I've never been a big card collector and this lineup is questionable anyway.

Reaction Score
Make sure you tell your Mom how much you paid for them. It might keep her from tossing them out in the trash (after she gives you a good spanking).

Reaction Score
Seeing no Gamecocks on the list was a big goof up. But how would they have it ready in time based on the seedings? If anything shouldn't the rankings during the season be used instead?
It is rumored that the Gamecocks will be featured in a special edition of UFC trading cards.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It is rumored that the Gamecocks will be featured in a special edition of UFC trading cards.
michael-scott-dwight.gif

Reaction Score
They obviously picked the biggest names. As good as South Carolina is, even Cardoso isn't as big a name as the players they picked.

I wouldn't give them a penny, since they are involved in NFTs.

Reaction Score
If these are the only cards being produced I could see a Paige/Caitlin Clark card being worth something one day. I think CC will transform the WNBA and Paige will come in and do for the women's game what Larry Bird did for the men. The price tag is high though if you don't get a full set of the cards.

Reaction Score
Yes, unless Topps wants to face a lawsuit for using their NILs for commercial purposes.

Would be interesting to see how the players were chosen. Same NIL agent? I dunno.
Same agent or agency makes sense. Or at least using just a handful of agents. Negotiating rights with a bunch of different agents can be a nightmare. Egos abound, claws sharpened and out.

Reaction Score
If you buy a pack, is there a way to make sure Paige’s card is in the pack? If not, that’s a big gamble for the price!

Reaction Score
Topps UK had a similar release recently called 'Cricket Legends of the Game' which sold out in an hour in UK (though available for a couple of days in India) and was then listed at multiple times the RRP on eBay.

In that case it was believed the selected players were represented by a single agent, so the set didn't include any Indian players, which is why it lasted longer there, until non residents realized there was stock available there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom