Top SG to watch - ESPN article | The Boneyard

Top SG to watch - ESPN article

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Purvis gets a mention

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/98849/players-to-watch-shooting-guards

Rodney Purvis, Connecticut: OK, so this is kind of cheating: Purvis is a transfer, not a recruit. But I had to sneak him in here somewhere, because he might end up being the most important player on the list. With a post-national title Shabazz Napier graduating this spring, a suddenly starry Ryan Boatright can slide over to the point guard spot, allowing plenty of room for Purvis -- whom UConn coach Kevin Ollie called a "Ferrari sitting in the garage" at the Final Four in April -- to get big minutes and lots of touches in his first season in Storrs, Connecticut. How that configuration works may be the difference between another scrappy national title contender and an understandable step back in Ollie's third year.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
See this is what we're talking about when we're puzzled Boat gets no mention. Everyone knows he'll be leading potentially the best (again) backcourt in the country, and thus must at least be mentioned by default. Everyone should be excited about what our 1-3 can do next year.

Reaction Score
See this is what we're talking about when we're puzzled Boat gets no mention. Everyone knows he'll be leading potentially the best (again) backcourt in the country, and thus must at least be mentioned by default. Everyone should be excited about what our 1-3 can do next year.

My assumption is they are classifying Boat as a PG and that's why he's not on the list. But I agree I am excited about the entire backcourt. We all know what Boat can do, hopefully Samuel continues to grow and Omar can return to his healthy frosh form. Add to that the additions of Purvis, DHam and Cassell. What's not to be excited about?

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I was talking about the PG ESPN article and his lack of mention there.
My assumption is they are classifying Boat as a PG and that's why he's not on the list. But I agree I am excited about the entire backcourt. We all know what Boat can do, hopefully Samuel continues to grow and Omar can return to his healthy frosh form. Add to that the additions of Purvis, DHam and Cassell. What's not to be excited about?

U

UCONNfan1

The complaining that some won't be able to do if we are really good next year?!

Reaction Score
Also a little shout out to rip in the first part using him and reggie miller as the models for the old school SG

Reaction Score
I was talking about the PG ESPN article and his lack of mention there.

Yeah, read that after I read this one. Felt kind of dumb. My bad. Although I'm kind of glad he's not on their list. Boat plays better with a chip on shoulder and we all know espn's track record. We lost to ISU, MSU, UF and uk right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom