Top markets for the game | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Top markets for the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, I had a fun wasting my day messing with him. Fly lil' hayseed, fly! I hope his landing is softer than the one OSU will get the day Texas and OU leave the B12.
It's sad that we've had to ban people on this board, but from the beginning, this one in particular was good at pretending to care, encouraging responses, and then ignored the responses given. I probably shouldn't have participated, but when he touts 51 national titles, I mean, come on.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It's sad that we've had to ban people on this board, but from the beginning, this one in particular was good at pretending to care, encouraging responses, and then ignored the responses given. I probably shouldn't have participated, but when he touts 51 national titles, I mean, come on.

Yup. I called out his schtick on another thread. Today I had enough of him. Good thing the lil' twerp wasn't a Sooner fan.

Reaction Score
UVA leadership will stay in the ACC and continue to make it better. It's a better academic conference than the Big Ten even with Louisville. It a better football conference than the Big Ten (11 bowl teams in 2013 and the National Champion), and it's a better basketball conference than the Big Ten (9 National Championships since 1990 not including anything from Louisville or Syracuse). In baseball and lacrosse there is no contest. Those are two sports most important to UVA. And demographically and geographically there is no contest. The Big Ten isn't an eastern conference. There are 7 teams west of Ohio. Jim Delaney picking up two dog athletic departments in the mid-Atlantic doesn't make it so, nor does opening offices all over creation in the East. That's Napoleonic, little man's syndrome. He can sit in the NY office twice a week, and he still won't conquer New York with Rutgers. The ACC doesn't with Syracuse basketball and Notre Dame football either, but we understand this. And yes 5 Notre Dame football games is having part of Notre Dame. I wish my UConn friends here the best. Many of them truly want to be in the Big Ten. If the ACC is too stupid to invite them, I hope the Big Ten does.

I don't buy any of this but hey keep trying.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
What rule would you say I am breaking? Standing up for myself? Remember I was nice for the first 50 insults. I finally has enough and started talking back. If you want to ban for insults you should see who was doing the insulting first.
I think if you go back and take an unbiased view of what you wrote, you did exactly what I stated earlier. You were poking a sore spot for us by repeatedly asking the same questions while in the same post making a negative comment about us. We, the BY, may have thrown the first real stone, but your prodding started it all.
serious question. Why are you here? If it was just to learn why we aren't in a major conference then you would have bugged out when it turned ugly. I think you are here to do what someone posted earlier. Play dumb and troll the board just to rile us up. If so, well done. You can go now.

Reaction Score
Here is something else you need to keep in mind when it comes to market size and worth:

Per capita income in CT (as of 2012): $58,908.00 (ranked #1 in the country)
Per capita income in OKlahoma (as of 2012): $39,006 (ranked #32 in the country)

If you back out T. Boone Pickens, OK averages around $19K.

Reaction Score
Okie dokie, the hayseed be gone.

I haven't had a chance to reply to his multitude of insane posts. If I send them to you. . .can you make sure he gets them? Thanks in advance. . .:rolleyes:

pj

Reaction Score
Well since Alabama gets paid more than BC, UConn, or Syracuse it's pretty obvious which is worth more. Since Georgia gets paid more than the schools in NY it's pretty obvious who is worth more. Since teams from LA and DFW get paid more it's pretty obvious which markets are worth more. Do you see a pattern? If NY was worth so much the teams in that region would get paid more like they do in the other areas like Georgia, DFW, LA, etc.... If they were worth more they would get paid more, see how that works. TCU makes more than Cuse so clearly NY is not worth that much. If NY was worth much UConn would be getting paid well, unfortunately you are not. Heck there was not even a team in the NY area in a power conference until this year when Cuse was added to the ACC. That is a pretty good indicator in itself. Most of those other markets have had multiple teams in power conferences for many years.

Also look at local attendance in those markets. You will notice that there is not a team in the NY area with even respectable attendance. Compare that to the other markets and they almost all have teams who draw 60k+ to games. But not NY, see how the fans are not interested in local teams. The facts dont' lie.

I think this is something that UConn fans dont' want to admit, but deep down you know it is true. NY is not as valuable as you might think. Throw in recruiting and it really looks bad compared to places like ATL, Tampa, DFW, LA, Houston, etc... NY has a bunch of alumni from the B1G, but not fans of local football teams like Buffalo, Cuse, and UConn. Obviously BB is a different story but unfortunately BB is not even close to as valuable as FB.

You talk like you have no business experience whatsoever. The value of a market is not equal to the revenue generated by it; entrepreneurs speak of 'potential revenue' which can be won but hasn't yet. The markets in Alabama, Georgia, and Texas have been fed a great product -- national championship contending teams in great conferences. The NYC market has been fed Rutgers, UConn, and Syracuse football in a weaker conference. But if UConn upgrades its football and joins a stronger conference, it has the potential to extract the dormant value of NYC. Whereas Alabama has maxed out the potential of Birmingham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom