TOP DOGS with Tyrese Martin | The Boneyard

TOP DOGS with Tyrese Martin

Reaction Score
Today's TOP DOGS dropped. Tyrese joined me. He's the best. I promise that you are going to enjoy his stories about Dan Hurley being a madman in practice. I also got him to open up a bit about Andrea Hurley's relationship with the team (she's the best), and locked him in on his all-time UConn starting five.

Here's a Youtube link for those that asked.

And here's the Apple Podcasts link.

Thanks for tolerating me on these, doing this show has been a blast.

Reaction Score
It’s a battle between Andrea and Tyrese to see who truly is the best.

Can’t wait to listen this evening. Been enjoying these. Does he talk about his wrist…

Reaction Score

Can’t wait to listen this evening. Been enjoying these. Does he talk about his wrist…
Yeah. I'm not sure it's anything new, but I know that dude wants to be back on the court badly.

Reaction Score

says that he has the providence game circled on his calendar and is aiming to be back for that! we can only hope...

thanks for these, rob! really enjoying listening.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nice interview. Perfect for my lunch walk. Interesting insights about Danny and Andrea, but I especially liked Tyrese's insight about Andre when he talked about his dunking and being a less-demonstrative player than Tyrese is. His description of what's probably running through Andre's head is consistent with what I perceive. He's still such a pup, which is why Danny's "painting inside the lines" approach sounds like a good one.

Reaction Score
Great stuff, but man that all time top 5 of yours I can’t agree with lol.

Kemba, Ray, Rip, Donyell, Emeka for me..I feel bad leaving out Ben, Caron, Shabazz, and Khalid tho..add Hasheem to those left out and that 5 would be incredible too

Reaction Score
Very nice interview. Hopefully you can get more players on. Curious, do you have to ask the school for permission to have players on? I'd imagine you have to go through Phil Chardis for this.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Great stuff - keep em coming

Reaction Score
Great job Rob. You brought good energy! In fact, you and Tyrese have that in common. I would leave the backwards hat for your podcasts, however. I'm old so my comment may be just blather from a relic.

Reaction Score
Awesome interview Rob, enjoyed that. Great way to get to know the guys personally instead of just playing in the court. Interesting answer from Martin as well about seeing how the team handles prosperity and not getting complacent. Always gotta play with a chip.

Reaction Score
What a great ambassador to the school Tyrese is. He was very impressive and composed with great eye contact. He does seem intense just the way he was leaning forward throughout the interview!

Reaction Score
Great job Rob. You brought good energy! In fact, you and Tyrese have that in common. I would leave the backwards hat for your podcasts, however. I'm old so my comment may be just blather from a relic.
Hahaha I get so many people telling me to lose the hat. I got bad knees, I threw out my back and my doctor told me I need to cut back on all the good foods because "they're not healthy". If I lose the backwards hat, I'll officially be in the midst of a midlife crisis. I need the hat!!!

Also, there is a new episode of the pod that is live now. Here is the Apple Podcast link and the Youtube link.

Reaction Score
Hahaha I get so many people telling me to lose the hat. I got bad knees, I threw out my back and my doctor told me I need to cut back on all the good foods because "they're not healthy". If I lose the backwards hat, I'll officially be in the midst of a midlife crisis. I need the hat!!!

Also, there is a new episode of the pod that is live now. Here is the Apple Podcast link and the Youtube link.
Thx for the link to the new podcast. You might want to post a new thread with each new podcast so we know it’s up....and easier to find. Some folks might not scroll through an older thread expecting to see info about a new topic. Just my .02

Loves these podcasts. Keep em coming!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I've loved the podcast so far, but am I the only one who thought the last guest was brutal? So many cliches, so little actual analysis. Rob does a great job talking about the team though.

Reaction Score
I've loved the podcast so far, but am I the only one who thought the last guest was brutal? So many cliches, so little actual analysis. Rob does a great job talking about the team though.
He's a color guy, so he lives in cliches, but I thought he had a pretty solid read on the team. I don't remember what it was now unfortunately, but he made one really astute point that was exactly how I wanted to articulate one aspect of the team but he put it in better words than I would've.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He's a color guy, so he lives in cliches, but I thought he had a pretty solid read on the team. I don't remember what it was now unfortunately, but he made one really astute point that was exactly how I wanted to articulate one aspect of the team but he put it in better words than I would've.
Yeah i'm being too harsh. I liked his passion and he was charismatic. Analysis is never going to be 100% the way you want to hear it.

Reaction Score
Great job Rob fun interview. He’s such a good kid and thoughts on coach, his wife, his teammates and the recruitment were all good. He definitely held back on his “best Coach Hurley story” as well he should.

Interesting All Time Teams from both of you. Charlie V huh? Certainly get your argument there very talented guy. Rese was ok until Andre but again, it’s up for debate. 2 young guys as you can tell LOL by the choices.

Thanks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom