Top conference vs. Top 25 teams -- Sagarin | The Boneyard

Top conference vs. Top 25 teams -- Sagarin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The record of conference teams vs. top 25 teams in the Sagarin ratings are as follows, remembering that beating a top 25 team is usually a pretty tough task for most teams and winning one out of every three such games is a pretty good average for most conferences:

AAC: 6-13
ACC: 6-14
SEC: 5-12
PAC: 6-15
B12: 2-9
B10: 2-17
Big East: 0-8

Outside of the Power 7 conferences, the best is the West Coast, which actually has the best percentage of any conference at 2-4 after St. Mary's beating of Gonzaga coupled with San Diego's earlier win over ASU. The only other conference with a T25 win is the MAC thanks to Marist.

The AAC may be pit to many BYers, but at least for this season at the beginning of conference play it has represented itself pretty well in at least some stats.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The record of conference teams vs. top 25 teams in the Sagarin ratings are as follows, remembering that beating a top 25 team is usually a pretty tough task for most teams and winning one out of every three such games is a pretty good average for most conferences:

AAC: 6-13
ACC: 6-14
SEC: 5-12
PAC: 6-15
B12: 2-9
B10: 2-17
Big East: 0-8

Outside of the Power 7 conferences, the best is the West Coast, which actually has the best percentage of any conference at 2-4 after St. Mary's beating of Gonzaga coupled with San Diego's earlier win over ASU. The only other conference with a T25 win is the MAC thanks to Marist.

The AAC may be pit to many BYers, but at least for this season at the beginning of conference play it has represented itself pretty well in at least some stats.
Thanks for posting - of course the 'problem' for the AAC is that that 6-13 record includes Uconn at 3-0 and Louisville that is gone next year at 3-1 and the rest of the league is 0-12. They are at least playing those games but at the moment without success.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting - of course the 'problem' for the AAC is that that 6-13 record includes Uconn at 3-0 and Louisville that is gone next year at 3-1 and the rest of the league is 0-12. They are at least playing those games but at the moment without success.

correct

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Next year is next year, and those 2014-15 haven't begun playing yet unless I'm missing something or pulled a Rip Van Winkle. But in 2013-14, the current season, the P7 conference that has an edge is still something called the AAC, and with Temple, SMU, Cinci, and USF also south of the 90th rankings at this point, I'll take the glass half full viewpoint and say those four are in the same range as teams like OSU, Marist, and UCLA teams that have chalked up top 25 wins. They got a ways to travel, but like the mid-'90s Big East, they have that Husky incentive to get there.

Reaction Score
Next year is next year, and those 2014-15 haven't begun playing yet unless I'm missing something or pulled a Rip Van Winkle. But in 2013-14, the current season, the P7 conference that has an edge is still something called the AAC, and with Temple, SMU, Cinci, and USF also south of the 90th rankings at this point, I'll take the glass half full viewpoint and say those four are in the same range as teams like OSU, Marist, and UCLA teams that have chalked up top 25 wins. They got a ways to travel, but like the mid-'90s Big East, they have that Husky incentive to get there.

You rang ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc