Top 5 Hype for Clingan (Givony) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Top 5 Hype for Clingan (Givony)

Reaction Score
Opponents thinking of taking it to the hoop on DC.

Scared Game Show GIF by ABC Network

Reaction Score
“Why wouldn’t DC develop a 3 pointer”

Because shooting is a skill and hard?

When a team makes their evaluation of DC they will consider how much of a floor spacer he can develop into.

While DC can certainly have a nice career and be a good player without floor spacing ability, I wouldn’t take him in the top 5 unless I thought he could develop a respectable perimeter game.
Shooting like Curry is hard but shooting at an acceptable clip is one of the easier skills to teach.

Reaction Score
All I'm going to say is that Andre Jackson became a 37.5% three point shooter after 1 summer of NBA training, and Clingan's shot fundamentals are 10x better than Andre's was at UConn last year

If the work ethic is there, and if an NBA team wants him to become a reliable (enough) shooter, he will be

Exactly this. NBA teams have the resources to make pretty bad shooters respectable in most cases. Their skill development staff is more people than our entire program at UConn, and ALL they do is work on player skill for a job. No recruiting, no game planning, nothing but skill work.

Reaction Score
Exactly this. NBA teams have the resources to make pretty bad shooters respectable in most cases. Their skill development staff is more people than our entire program at UConn, and ALL they do is work on player skill for a job. No recruiting, no game planning, nothing but skill work.
If an NBA team is confident they can turn him into a respectable shooter then they should absolutely take him in the top 5

Reaction Score
If an NBA team is confident they can turn him into a respectable shooter then they should absolutely take him in the top 5

This is the 50th time you've said this in the thread.

NBA teams will work him out later this spring. They'll learn about shooting potential there. Not much to learn from in the college game.

Reaction Score
This is the 50th time you've said this in the thread.

NBA teams will work him out later this spring. They'll learn about shooting potential there. Not much to learn from in the college game.
I said it twice

Reaction Score
Clingan is as close to a guaranteed thing as there is in this draft (high floor), which is a defensive drop coverage stopper similar to Walker Kessler. Except some scouts think he has more potential on the offensive side than Kessler. Even if Clingan never develops a reliable 3-pt shot and ends up Walker Kessler 2.0, he will be able to have a long career in the NBA, as a lot of teams will gladly take on a Walker Kessler clone.
As long as he stays healthy, he'll be terrorizing the paint in the NBA for years to come.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Got to say, it’s pretty disrespectful to have articles like these with our guys as the cover. wtf.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Clingan is as close to a guaranteed thing as there is in this draft (high floor), which is a defensive drop coverage stopper similar to Walker Kessler. Except some scouts think he has more potential on the offensive side than Kessler. Even if Clingan never develops a reliable 3-pt shot and ends up Walker Kessler 2.0, he will be able to have a long career in the NBA, as a lot of teams will gladly take on a Walker Kessler clone.
As long as he stays healthy, he'll be terrorizing the paint in the NBA for years to come.
Kessler's an ok comp but I actually think pre-injury Rob Williams is the closer/better comp for Clingan even though they look wildly different in terms of size:

• Incredible vertical spacer
  • excellent roll man
  • super underrated passer, especially finding cutters from the top of the key (Kessler has none of that)
  • has a pretty jump shot that he could probably shoot more as he gets more confident (again, Kessler doesn't have this)
  • god-tier rim protector
  • better as a roving paint protection big than a pure post defender
  • very good-not-great hands (Kessler's hands are a tier below)

The one major difference is that Clingan is more comfortable eating in the post than Williams ever was. And fwiw Williams, before the injury, was becoming a top 3 defensive big in the league. I'm beginning to believe Cling Kong can get there.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
He is already up to number three. If we can pull this off and he continues to be a monster at both ends……..I also think Castle is going to to be higher than projected. Shannon is a grown man and Castle did not give an inch. May have been stronger and certainly had better hops around the basket. Clingan and Castle are like 70% complete from where they will be in two years. They both have great ceilings. Happy for both of them. Just as long as the stay in the we season for seven more days I am good.

Reaction Score
Centers arent in demand in today's NBA. I love the kid and I hope it happens.
Who told you that?

They are in absolute demand. They just have to be able to do the right things And can’t be plodding.

Top two players in NBA are centers in Embiid and Jokic. Porzongis at 7-2 has taken Celtics to next level. Anthony Davis killing it in LA. Rudy Goebert anchors the Twolves and I can go on and on.

And we are in the beginning era of 7-5 wemby and 7-1 Chet Plus more.

Centers who can play defense and can run the floor, play D, rebound are in high demand.

Reaction Score
Said at the beginning of the year this could be the first time we had 2 players go in the top 5 since ‘04.

We’re close!
I haven't looked in a week or so and this stuff changes so often, but I've been seeing Castle more in the 10-20 range on draft boards. I 100% expect both to go, but at this point if anyone were to stay it would be Castle.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Which parts exactly? That he can’t shoot. As it stands he can’t shoot. Good shooters don’t shoot 55 percent from the line. I never said he couldn’t or wouldn’t develop a jump shot.

You guys are being oddly defensive
#unintentionallyironicposts

Reaction Score
I haven't looked in a week or so and this stuff changes so often, but I've been seeing Castle more in the 10-20 range on draft boards. I 100% expect both to go, but at this point if anyone were to stay it would be Castle.
The mock draft lists I've looked at recently pretty much all have Castle in the top 10, and several have him top 5 (think #3 was the highest I saw him at).

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Who told you that?

They are in absolute demand. They just have to be able to do the right things And can’t be plodding.

Top two players in NBA are centers in Embiid and Jokic. Porzongis at 7-2 has taken Celtics to next level. Anthony Davis killing it in LA. Rudy Goebert anchors the Twolves and I can go on and on.

And we are in the beginning era of 7-5 wemby and 7-1 Chet Plus more.

Centers who can play defense and can run the floor, play D, rebound are in high demand.
This, and DC may be one of the few players who can give Wemby a legitimate battle on the defensive end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom