Top 3 Things You Want to See Wednesday Night Against Nova at Gampel at 7:00 p.m.. Game is on SNY. | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want to See Wednesday Night Against Nova at Gampel at 7:00 p.m.. Game is on SNY.

Reaction Score
With two more BE games to go, and a great performance by Paige last night at DePaul, here are my top 3 things:

1) More Paige, much more, very much more. Shoot early and often.

2) Tight, shut down and doubling defense on Lucy Olson; she can keep them in the game.

3) No forced drives or passes by anyone. We have the weapons we need to score, including Nika with her open handed lay up.

These are mine, what are yours?

Reaction Score
1. ROLL ON HUSKIES!
2. AA performances continue for Paige and Aaliyah
3. Everybody Eats!: KK, Ash, Q, ICE, Ines, and, of course, Amari!! (How does one " sign" that"!!)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Ashlynn has not been hitting trey shots of late. She still does enough on the court to
keep her in a starting role. Her preparation for taking those shots...feet set/squaring up...
is still quite wonderful...technique-wise. I do think she tends to occasionally hurry that process and that
negatively impacts her success. I assume that other teams have looked at her early games at
UConn and rightfully are increasingly paying more attention to her.

Her moves to get open for her mid-range shot are very effective. I'd like to see her not rush the
trey shots.....rather simply pass and move and an open one might turn up. She is sure a pleasure
to watch.

Reaction Score
Geno should start treating these games like they are NCAAs and manage and plan player minutes.

Get the starters some much needed rest so fatigue will be less of an issue at the end of the season. It’s been an issue last couple of years.

Better start experimenting now in blowouts than wait until later.

Reaction Score
Pull out all the three point misses yesterday and notice the shooting percentage. This team is a great shooting team that can't and shouldn't be hoisting up so many 3s. Q has a good long range stroke, Paige has a good one but other than that they should keep them in the holster.

1. Keep doing what you do well. Play hard and take it to the basket.
2. Ice needs to be a more aggressive player especially moving from one end of the court to the other
3. Ashlyn needs to work on her shot selection. Inside of 15 feet she is almost perfect.

Overall the team is playing very well and still look to be the best small team in the country. If Ice can find her consistency and take it easy on the silly fouls she might be a difference maker in the tournament.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
1. Caroline on the bench, cheering her teammates on.
2. Azzi on the bench, cheering her teammates on.
3. Aubrey on the bench, cheering her teammates on.

I am leaving Jana and Ayanna out because I believe that they have been on the bench for most games this season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In addition to the usual of a win and no injuries:

1. Paige and Liya are the best players on the floor by a wide margin.

2. Nika gets a triple-double.

3. Q shoots 100%.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
1. Lock down defense, especilly on Olsen.
2. Keep working the offense with crisp passing, back door cuts, pick and roll. All starters in double figures.
3. Control the boards.

Reaction Score
I would love a triple double by Nika but that is rare commodity at UCONN. I will settle for her getting 15 points and 10 assists. It's coming.
Actually I'd prefer it the other way around, 15 assists and 10 points. Those 15 assists would translate to at least 30 points and would get Nika closer to the career assists record (which I really want for her.)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
KK and Nika have got to score to take pressure off Paige and Aaliyah
Shoot Treys We will need some outside threat soon
Confidence

Reaction Score
!) Seeing Ines on the floor for more than mop-up time.
2) KK (and others) making all her layups.
3) Ice starting to flow...like we think she can.

Reaction Score
Actually I'd prefer it the other way around, 15 assists and 10 points. Those 15 assists would translate to at least 30 points and would get Nika closer to the career assists record (which I really want for her.)
Sure that's 5 more points but it would also mean tying the assist record. My reasoning is that if Nika scores at the number I suggest, we are not losing.

Reaction Score
1. More Ice and Q with a dash of Ines
2. If we play at a frantic pace more substitutions
3. Paige's 3 point shot come back

Reaction Score
Ashlynn has not been hitting trey shots of late. She still does enough on the court to
keep her in a starting role. Her preparation for taking those shots...feet set/squaring up...
is still quite wonderful...technique-wise. I do think she tends to occasionally hurry that process and that
negatively impacts her success. I assume that other teams have looked at her early games at
UConn and rightfully are increasingly paying more attention to her.

Her moves to get open for her mid-range shot are very effective. I'd like to see her not rush the
trey shots.....rather simply pass and move and an open one might turn up. She is sure a pleasure
to watch.
While I agree she could shoot more mid-range, she's 5 for 11 on three's last 2 games and .359 on the season, which is decent. We are going to need 3 point threats to get far in the tournament. I think she has to keep taking them if she's open.

Reaction Score
1. Continue stifling defense.
2. Paige continue to look for shots.
3. Comfortable lead so plenty of rest for starters.

Reaction Score
1. More consistent 3pt shooting, lately everyone seems to be taking turns being horrible.
2 At least 10min each for Ines and Amari.
3. Double double for Nika.

Reaction Score
1. Maintain high pace and make 70 field goal attempts Including 25 treys.
2. Switch defense on their top scorers, e.g. Olsen, and maintain parity on boards.
3. Distribute the ball and get all players involved in the offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom