Top 3 Things You Want To See Tonight Against Kansas | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Tonight Against Kansas

Reaction Score
Although a win and no injuries are always included, they both should be re-emphasized here for this game. Here are my top 3 other things:

1) Better switching on defense, especially by the freshmen.

2) Boxing out by everyone on every shot and more aggressive offensive rebounding on the other end.

3) Bouncing back with energy and poise.

What are yours?

Reaction Score
Fast break offense (Too often we stagnate in the half court,)
Nika to shoot or sit (Make someone cover her rather than allow 5-on-4 for the defense.)
More Amari (Let her confidence increase.)

Reaction Score
1. Balanced scoring with PAIGE LEADING the way, "the Bucket" with > 20
2. Containment of Taiyanta Jackson 6'6" , at least neutralization
3. ++ contributions by ICE, Ashlynn, and "Q" ( I assume Aubrey, Nika, and Aaliayah contribute)

Reaction Score
Fast break offense (Too often we stagnate in the half court,)
Nika to shoot or sit (Make someone cover her rather than allow 5-on-4 for the defense.)
More Amari (Let her confidence increase.)
Amari isn't ready and hasn't demonstrated she's able to compete and help the team at this level she just fills a roster spot

Reaction Score
After the loss to UCLA, we need to see:

1) effective perimeter shooting -- this means Nika Qadence and Ashlynn have to help Paige out
2) swarming defense -- this also points toward the freshmen getting a lot of minutes
3) Amari gets 15 mins and makes it onto the stat sheet in some tangible way -- rebounds points blocks etc.

Reaction Score
Although a win and no injuries are always included, they both should be re-emphasized here for this game. Here are my top 3 other things:

2) Boxing out by everyone on every shot and more aggressive offensive rebounding on the other end.

What are yours?
You are right on point. Yesterday, we did not box any one out at all, and if our shot didn't go in the basket ( pretty much 100% of the time ) the rebound went to UCLA. Our was. " one and done" offense all night. Ash seems a fierce defender and at times KK is qs well. Q looked a bit lost. Turning her head around , trying to figure out where the is supposed to be. Please not ; Nikka had no assists through the first three quarters of the game ( not sure about quarter four ). So her game was completely disrupted. As for the " bouncing back," I can't see how Paige will even get out of bed today, much less lead this team again. These are like NCAA tournament games. And our bench didn't log enough minutes to keep anyone fresh from the starting group. I just hope we make it through the night.

Reaction Score
She definitely impacted betts yesterday and we will need her size down the road. Time to start giving her some minutes.
I want DeBerry to start. We've always had awesome facilitator from the high post. We don't have that this year and Amari is a great passer with good vision. We can't start out games much worse than yesterday and maybe if she starts and gets quality minutes, she can get into the flow of the game.

Reaction Score
  1. Defend out to the 3 point line better, no player gets more than two made 3 pointers.
  2. Balanced scoring, all five starters in double figures
  3. Transition points galore

Reaction Score
I want DeBerry to start. We've always had awesome facilitator from the high post. We don't have that this year and Amari is a great passer with good vision. We can't start out games much worse than yesterday and maybe if she starts and gets quality minutes, she can get into the flow of the game.
She came in yesterday, early in the first quarter, and facilitated nothing. I want her to be a surprise factor this year, too. But it aint gonna happen. Girl can't ( or won't) jump. She stands in one spot and just doesn't move. Sorry. No good.

Reaction Score
1. Better defense and rebounding
2. More Amari
3. AE to find her junior season form

Reaction Score

What are yours?
Bouncing any way but back to themselves is near impossible. I'd Like a Win. I'd like to see the Bench play 30 minute. I'd like Ameri to play 40 minutes. Game time exposure could do wonders for her ego. Confidence is a huge difference between average and beyond average. The fact of life for Uconn is: They Need someone her size to play well

Reaction Score
let the seniors enjoy the beach. start all the freshman. let all the freshman play 30 minutes. :)

Reaction Score
You are right on point. Yesterday, we did not box any one out at all, and if our shot didn't go in the basket ( pretty much 100% of the time ) the rebound went to UCLA. Our was. " one and done" offense all night. Ash seems a fierce defender and at times KK is qs well. Q looked a bit lost. Turning her head around , trying to figure out where the is supposed to be. Please not ; Nikka had no assists through the first three quarters of the game ( not sure about quarter four ). So her game was completely disrupted. As for the " bouncing back," I can't see how Paige will even get out of bed today, much less lead this team again. These are like NCAA tournament games. And our bench didn't log enough minutes to keep anyone fresh from the starting group. I just hope we make it through the night.
We will see very soon. I think we will be better. Thank you for highlighting the boxing out and utter "losing" of your man at times, especially on the switches. It has to be an automatic thing and the switcher is the one who triggers it. That was one of the reasons why they shot lights out from the arc in the first half and effectively the game was over. Sure we made a great run to end the half but having watched basketball for longer than I can remember, the number of times a team comes way back and then takes the lead and holds it is limited. We just need to find the right team out there .

Reaction Score
We will see very soon. I think we will be better. Thank you for highlighting the boxing out and utter "losing" of your man at times, especially on the switches. It has to be an automatic thing and the switcher is the one who triggers it. That was one of the reasons why they shot lights out from the arc in the first half and effectively the game was over. Sure we made a great run to end the half but having watched basketball for longer than I can remember, the number of times a team comes way back and then takes the lead and holds it is limited. We just need to find the right team out there .
I think it will be a while before " the right team" surfaces. The four freshmen have to grow with on court experience and, of course, excelling in practice . I was pleased to see Ash in our starting line-up vs Kansas. And she did well for the better part of two periods. She hustled on defense, grabbed rebounds, passed decisively, and even made a jump shot. Then, she started making some freshman mistakes. And was gone.

Reaction Score
I think it will be a while before " the right team" surfaces. The four freshmen have to grow with on court experience and, of course, excelling in practice . I was pleased to see Ash in our starting line-up vs Kansas. And she did well for the better part of two periods. She hustled on defense, grabbed rebounds, passed decisively, and even made a jump shot. Then, she started making some freshman mistakes. And was gone.
I thought she played a good floor game until, as you say, she reverted to her freshman self which was not unexpected. I hope she starts next game if Caroline isn't back. It will give her confidence in her role. We really need the old Caroline but as has been written in several other threads, her return to freshman form is questionable at best. It is painful to see such promise never materialize so let's hope for the best with her. Having said that, we need another scorer besides Paige and Aaliyah. Last game it was Aubrey but she has been inconsistent. So has Aaliyah for that matter. If the ball goes in to her it hardly ever comes out which makes it easy to predict and defend. She also forces and turns it over when she does. Since she is not looking to be a passing threat it freezes everyone else on the court. We have to run, especially with KK out there but you have to box out defensively and rebound to do it. Big test coming up with Texas on Sunday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom