Top 3 Things You Want to See Sunday At 6:00 At DePaul on CBS Sports Network | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want to See Sunday At 6:00 At DePaul on CBS Sports Network

Reaction Score
After a very difficult first half against Creighton, we played great third quarter on both ends of the court. Against DePaul here are my top 3 things:

1) No more slow starts for the season. It could be disaster in the Big Dance.

2) Nika to shoot and drive more.

3) Liyah to get it out to the wings if she gets doubled or tripled down low for a 3 by Paige, KK, Ash or Nika.

A lot of other things but those are my top ones. Yours are?

Reaction Score
1. Shade with second game of 40% or better from 3. Minimum of 5 attempts
2. Nika with a double double
3. Edwards with 0 turnovers

Reaction Score
1. Ice with a double double
2. Paige and AW with another AA performance
3. no more than 25 min. for Paige and AE and not because of foul trouble
4. KK to find her shooting accuracy

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
1. Ice with a double double
2. Paige and AW with another AA performance
3. no more than 25 min. for Paige and AE and not because of foul trouble
4. KK to find her shooting accuracy
Who is AW? I hope you meant to post AE.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well last game I wanted better 3 pt shooting %. It was....better, but still not 40%. AND our FG% fell off to 41%.

I guess I gotta be more specific.

So how about 50%/40%. (and at least 20 3pt shots)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
DePaul is 4-10 in the league and one of the 3 worst teams this year. They are well coached and will battle, but this should be a smackdown. What I'd really like to see is 40 minutes of hell. This team goes thru too many consecutive minutes where they play poorly, lose focus, etc.
  • KK get out of her shooting slump and actually contribute offensively (she's tenacious on D so no issues there).
  • Q to somehow contribute on both ends, even if it's just incremental improvements to help her confidence.
  • Ice to continue with her solid overall play and feel even more comfortable with the rest of the starters out there.
For the most part we know what to expect from Paige, Liya, and Nika. Ash has been much more consistent than KK hence my 3 wishes above for the players who need the most "help".

Last, I'd like to see Paige take at least 20 shots. Her shots have been increasing lately, but this team has proven that against good teams, spreading out the shots won't work. Paige needs to get in the habit of hunting her shots and dishing and assisting as a 2ndary option. IMHO.

Reaction Score
Consistently good throughout the entire game!

It seems to me that there's about a 10 minute stretch in every game where (1) no one can make a basket, (2) no one can make a pass and (3) no one can catch a pass.

Reaction Score
DePaul is 4-10 in the league and one of the 3 worst teams this year. They are well coached and will battle, but this should be a smackdown. What I'd really like to see is 40 minutes of hell. This team goes thru too many consecutive minutes where they play poorly, lose focus, etc.
  • KK get out of her shooting slump and actually contribute offensively (she's tenacious on D so no issues there).
  • Q to somehow contribute on both ends, even if it's just incremental improvements to help her confidence.
  • Ice to continue with her solid overall play and feel even more comfortable with the rest of the starters out there.
For the most part we know what to expect from Paige, Liya, and Nika. Ash has been much more consistent than KK hence my 3 wishes above for the players who need the most "help".

Last, I'd like to see Paige take at least 20 shots. Her shots have been increasing lately, but this team has proven that against good teams, spreading out the shots won't work. Paige needs to get in the habit of hunting her shots and dishing and assisting as a 2ndary option. IMHO.
The only part of this I would modify, not change, is the shooting slump for KK. It's not a shooting slump per se, in that it is just misses from open shots. It is mostly forced drives, not enough selectivity on when to try them, and not pulling out when there no longer is daylight. She is so fast she can get past anyone, but that means you have one step or two, not a clear lane. That is a rarity now in women's bball and the bigs underneath are much better than they have ever been in blocking shots. Just make the move, clear the man, and pull up. A forced drive has a very high percentage of turnover. An open pull up is a 50/50 shot, at its worst. Who could stay with her if that became her go to move?

Reaction Score
I just looked at KK's stats. She is shooting .345 from the arc but actually 52% from all other shots, a very solid percentage. I think she never had to be a 3 point shooter in high school because of her speed but I suspect she will be a lot better with summer emphasis. The point is that even with forced drives she is shooting over 50% and if that gets just a small improvement with selectivity, which Geno has said, it can have a very impactful consequence for the team.

Reaction Score
For me it's always about who plays, assuming that they get minutes because they've impressed Geno with something in practice or game play. Thus, my 3 things are as follows:
  1. Q
  2. Q
  3. Q
The more Q plays, the better things look for March.
I would include: The more progress that ICE demonstrates will be a HUGE factor!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom