Top 3 Things You Want To See On Monday Night Against USC. Game is on ESPN at 9:20 pm ET. | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See On Monday Night Against USC. Game is on ESPN at 9:20 pm ET.

Reaction Score
C'mon now, did you really expect more from our team after what we have been through? Imagine Azzi, Jana, a healthy Caroline and maybe more importantly Aubrey, not to mention a powerful Ayanna on this team. With that depth the sky was the limit. But, alas, we have what we have and as far as I am concerned, I can't ask for more. Of course, I will take more if it's there but no one should be disappointed. With that said, here are my top 3 things:

1) Our playing freshmen to play like upperclassmen. That means Ash not to defer but rather to get hot and score, KK to be smart without those forced drives and Ice to play a solid mistake free floor game.

2) Aaliyah and Nika to go all in and then to play like it's their collegiate finale, because it might be.

3) Paige to take over from the tip and show who the best all around player in the country is.

Really, we will know right away, it's a matter of energy. You can only go so far with what you have left in the tank. I'm hoping only that we play well. Like Coach Dale said in Hoosiers, "..playing to your potential, the best you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we are WINNERS". In my book today, this team has proven themselves to be winners because of their journey this year, bound by their camaraderie, a band of sisters, faced with adversity, and still getting us to where we are now. You agree? What are your top 3? Tony C, something new please!

Reaction Score
1- Ice making decisive play such as getting a pass and shooting the ball immediately when close enough to shoot
2- Get Q in the game so team isn’t so gassed at end of game
3- KK takes the ball inside and pulls up for a short jumper.

Reaction Score
My three things I want to see are:

1. KK doing more of that Rondo aka Hakeem Dream move. She has gotten pretty good at that move.

2. Team dominating on both ends of the floor.

3. Be assertive out there. Attack mode from the start. In the words of Apollo Creed, "There is No Tomorrow!"

Let's go, UConn!!

Reaction Score
C'mon now, did you really expect more from our team after what we have been through? Imagine Azzi, Jana, a healthy Caroline and maybe more importantly Aubrey, not to mention a powerful Ayanna on this team. With that depth the sky was the limit. But, alas, we have what we have and as far as I am concerned, I can't ask for more. Of course, I will take more if it's there but no one should be disappointed. With that said, here are my top 3 things:

1) Our playing freshmen to play like upperclassmen. That means Ash not to defer but rather to get hot and score, KK to be smart without those forced drives and Ice to play a solid mistake free floor game.

2) Aaliyah and Nika to go all in and then to play like it's their collegiate finale, because it might be.

3) Paige to take over from the tip and show who the best all around player in the country is.

Really, we will know right away, it's a matter of energy. You can only go so far with what you have left in the tank. I'm hoping only that we play well. Like Coach Dale said in Hoosiers, "..playing to your potential, the best you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we are WINNERS". In my book today, this team has proven themselves to be winners because of their journey this year, bound by their camaraderie, a band of sisters, faced with adversity, and still getting us to where we are now. You agree? What are your top 3? Tony C, something new please!
Amen. They have far exceeded my expectations. I hope they're proud. I know I am.

Reaction Score
1- Ice making decisive play such as getting a pass and shooting the ball immediately when close enough to shoot
2- Get Q in the game so team isn’t so gassed at end of game
3- KK takes the ball inside and pulls up for a short jumper.
Yes, yes, as to 1 and 3. I would like to see Q also but I worry about her D. If we get a decent lead then you would expect to see her but Geno doesn't seem to have the requisite confidence in her right now.

Reaction Score
Defense keeps USC under 65
Nika pesters Juju to the point of her frustration and keeping her scoring under 25
Again, while KK does sometimes get to the hoop for a layup, she'll do better seeing teammates waiting wide open

Reaction Score
Post Paige... I think she can wreak havoc in there. The attention she will draw can open up Shade and draw some fouls on their bigs. We need more foul shot attempts.

Time to unpack that press after made baskets. Test it in the 2nd quarter. Unpack the whole thing in the 4th. I just don't feel they have the collective ball handling to endure a press.

Make Watkins play both ends of the floor the entire game. Put her in pick and rolls.

Reaction Score
1. Aaliyah to find the offensive game she’s shown all season. We need the duo of her and Paige to put up 40-50 points to release pressure from the freshman.
2. Shade needs to be involved offensively. She’s emerged as our 3rd option this year, but she looked very nervous to start the game. Credit Duke for keying in on her, it put a lot more pressure on Paige.
3. Smart defense without fouling. Usc is a really big team at all positions. We can’t have Paige or Aaliyah in foul trouble because we’re so undersized. Could the big lineup of Ice and Edwards work for just one game. One can hope and pray!

Reaction Score
Kk to stop thinking that every time she steals the ball she has to score.
Ash to create her own shots if the defense is guarding against the 3
Start the 4 th quarter with EVERYONE having at least 2 min. rest.
Yes this puts a lot on the backs of our freshmen but other than our 3 seniors they’re all freshmen. It’s kind of ridiculous that we’re even here.

Reaction Score
Just one, buy a minute here and there early by putting Ice and Q in the game when USC substitutes.
And a minute in basketball is probably like 3 and some change with all the stoppages. The last 2 minutes is closer to ten plus minutes. lol

Reaction Score
I think the Duke game was uniquely tiring for our team! The style we were forced to play in that game just drained our girls, especially Paige and Nika! USC, I believe will be more of a “normal” game and not only will it be less tiring, I’m thinking Geno will probably feel more confident about playing our full ( such as it is) bench.

No injuries and solid defense!
Paige & Aaliyah score 30+ & 20+ respectively.
Ashlynn gets back on track!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
1 - Ashlynn to find her scoring groove
2 - More players contributing to scoring
3 - Survive and advance

Reaction Score
Of course the win and no injuries continues to be a given.
1. At least 5 players in double figures to stretch USC
2. Refs are invisible because they call a great game.
3. UConn hot from the fixed 3 point line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom