Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Louisville On Saturday | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Louisville On Saturday

Reaction Score
Yikes what a schedule. To simply say that this is the toughest schedule in the country does not do it justice. Anyway, since a win and no injuries are always automatically included, here are my top 3 other things:

1) Lock down defense getting even better with talking, switching and above all else, boxing out on every shot, no lapses.

2) Cut down the unforced turnovers on passes and dribbling.

3) Paige to be Paige again leading the way from start to finish.

Let's not get crazy just yet, but that was a very promising win against a good UNC team.

Reaction Score
1. Limit turnovers
2. Emphasis on rebounding
3. Auriemma not playing a super small lineup. The lineup of Shade, Muhl, Paige, Aubrey and KK will never workout for us.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
1. Limit turnovers
3. Auriemma not playing a super small lineup. The lineup of Shade, Muhl, Paige, Aubrey and KK will never workout for us.
Edwards will be on the floor most of the time with Paige. The others will be in and out with a big dose of Aubrey. It won’t be as small as your 5 very much. I’d guess GA would love to use Ice more if her light goes on, even just as a rebounder.

Reaction Score
1. Good rebounding technique
2. Attack the basket after breaking the press
3. A second taller player for the whole game-Some Amari contributions

Reaction Score
!. Paige continue to do what she does. It was nice to see the old Paige against UNC, would love for that to be the start of many more games to come.
2. The same defensive intensity and energy they brought in the beginning of the game that helped set the tone.
3. Aubrey to have another breakout game like she did vs. Kansas. She is our X-Factor and will need her to step up more in these big games.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Pretty much a repeat of the UNC game except a little more of

1). Ice and Q
2). Boxing out
3). Offensive flow if we are doing the half-court offense thingy.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Of course, ASH is already making a "case" as is KK. GOOD KARMA! GO HUSKIES.
And Q at times.

Boy would a less hesitant Ice help. I wonder if the year away and the severity of her injury is making her cautious even subconsciously. I had a partially dislocated knee cap that didn’t need surgery and improved with PT. It was pretty sore. Hers was clearly severe.

Reaction Score
I’m assuming incremental improvements in all areas. The sign that Geno’s seeing this in practice will be who plays more minutes. With that in mind, my 3 things are:

• Ice gets 20 minutes — this is more important than all the rest as a sign of progress
  • Qadence gets 15+ minutes
  • KK stops missing layups

I’m confident Paige can engineer a win merely by doing what she did against UNC. But I am more interested in seeing what she can get the freshmen to do. And getting Ice up to speed is currently a higher priority than fitting Amari onto the floor for a few more mop up minutes.

Reaction Score
Win
Less passing==win--
Ashlynn to shoot when open--win

Reaction Score
I’m assuming incremental improvements in all areas. The sign that Geno’s seeing this in practice will be who plays more minutes. With that in mind, my 3 things are:

• Ice gets 20 minutes — this is more important than all the rest as a sign of progress

I’m confident Paige can engineer a win merely by doing what she did against UNC. But I am more interested in seeing what she can get the freshmen to do. And getting Ice up to speed is currently a higher priority than fitting Amari onto the floor for a few more mop up minutes.
It may have been more positive if you said slow down and make the layups.
I love the way she attacks the basket---While Rene used the backboard and shot more from the side--KK is Montgomery type player.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not sure which thread is best to drop this into, but anyone interested in doing some scouting can catch Louisville playing Morehead State, just about to tip off (4:00 pm Eastern time on Wednesday) on ACC Network Extra (ACCNX).

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
1) Our guards make their guards' lives a living hell
2) Nika double-double
3) Ice executes some moves near the basket and gets some tough rebounds

Reaction Score
1. ICE finishing the afternoon with a smile !
2. Tenacious " D", a humble field goal shooting % for Louisville
3. Paige leading the way, with multiple players hitting threes ( Q and
Ash, and Nika are you listening?) and thus, with the Floor " sprea, Aaliyah does her
stuff underneath with much assistance from Aubrey.

Reaction Score

I agree about Ice. I'm hoping that what we have been seeing is the result of not playing for a year and that some extensive minutes will help get her into real game shape with her timing back. If not, and this is game shape, then the minutes won't really help.

Reaction Score
More rebounds on both ends of the court
Fewer turnovers
Nika taking more shots (and making them!)

Reaction Score
1. Limit turnovers
Agree, not enough offense- don’t play Nika and KK together

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In addition to a win and no injuries:

1. Only 10 TOs for us, but 20+ for Louisville.

2. We win the rebounding battle.

3. Paige is 2 levels above everyone else in the game.

Reaction Score
Yikes what a schedule. To simply say that this is the toughest schedule in the country does not do it justice. Anyway, since a win and no injuries are always automatically included, here are my top 3 other things:

1) Lock down defense getting even better with talking, switching and above all else, boxing out on every shot, no lapses.

2) Cut down the unforced turnovers on passes and dribbling.

3) Paige to be Paige again leading the way from start to finish.

Let's not get crazy just yet, but that was a very promising win against a good UNC team.
Ashlynn had a good defensive coach in HS I would assume. On the open floor she is UP ON the shooter. Help is good, but in every Help situation someone is open. Well coached teams exploit that.
Typically, poor rebounding teams use Zone to max their opportunities. You are right you don't have to be big to box out--.
Paige from now to next year--has to lead and take over--I'd like her to make 25 or 30 every game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom