Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Duke On Saturday. Game Is On ESPN. Time TDB. | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Duke On Saturday. Game Is On ESPN. Time TDB.

Reaction Score
I know it is 5 days away, but who can stop thinking about this team after last night's great win. Anyway, here are my top 3 things:

1) Rest, and renewed energy for Aaliyah and Ice with few if any mental mistakes.

2) Nika to take full advantage of her "reprieve" and have a great game.

3) KK to be selective on drives, really selective, and Paige to well......be Paige.

Someone once said that every true fan is a coach. With that in mind, what are yours Coach?

Reaction Score
  1. Ash hitting 3s and midrange jump shots
  2. Ice grabbing rebounds and making layups
  3. KK and Nika playing tough D and scoring
I left Paige off this list because she doesn’t need my encouragement. She’s already totally awesome.

Reaction Score
Ice needs to play like she did in the BE championship games. We know it’s there we saw it.
KK does so many good things but gets herself jammed up inside way too often. She just needs to stop doing that.

Reaction Score
More of the same from Paige and Ash. A complete game from Nika - should be doable because Richardson is not Fair and won't double her season's average again. Aaliyah and Ice working in tandem. Key buckets from KK and maybe one or two from Q. No way Duke (a 7) beats a 2 and a 3 in succession. Huskies like cold weather...

Reaction Score
1. Fewer turnovers. It's going to be a defensive game all possessions are important.
2. Donavan is very good on defense. Paige needs some help this game.
3. Play 7 keep us fresh. Q could be the offense we need.

Reaction Score
Agree- she has been able to stop and make the pull-up jump shot before, she should try those, it would be very effective.
It just appears to be a very ingrained habit. I'm sure no one could stop that move before college and even now she blows by her man. The difference is that there is usually a good sized big with talent underneath waiting for her now. The last time she did that on Monday night and got blocked, she had a wide open lane where she could have easily got a 12 or even a 10 foot pull up off no problem. It's a very high percentage shot. Part of it may be her speed also. She is going so fast it may be hard to get vertical. Either way, it is a very turnover prone move when she tries to finish.

Reaction Score
1. SURVIVE AND ADVANCE!
2. Aaliyah "breathes" easier and WHO NOSE what could happen: a "W"!!
3. For Nike: "It was (not) a foul and windy night". No horror story here... more assists!
I see what you did here, and I like it.

Reaction Score
Ice needs to play like she did in the BE championship games. We know it’s there we saw it.
KK does so many good things but gets herself jammed up inside way too often. She just needs to stop doing that.
I think KK believes that once she has the basketball in her hands, she can do anything, anywhere, anytime, and against anyone. Sometimes good things happen for the team, but when the ball is turned over, that adds fuel to the opponent. She’s young, and this area of her game will improve as she matures. But, I do love her high level of confidence.

Reaction Score
1) Paige, Aaliyah and Nika continue to lead by example
2) Limit turnovers, stifling defense, great offense — score a lot of points
3) Get the W, and leave the game injury free

Reaction Score
1. Survive and advance
2. No injuries
3. Outscore Duke at the free throw line

Reaction Score
1. Limit offensive rebounds by Duke.
2. Paige and Ash stay hot.
3. Be disciplined - careful with silly fouls and turnover.

Reaction Score
KK - forget about off-the-dribble layups. Shoot, pass, or pull-up instead
Ashlynn - get 3 fouls because of your intensity
Ice - on offensive rebounds, either... dramatic up fake... or right up with the shot... (vary it) and kick out when doubled

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom