13 Colorado
14 Indiana
15 Gonzaga
16 Oklahoma

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm shocked Oklahoma was vaulted ahead of Utah for the final hosting spot, virtually disregarding OU's dreadful OOC results. I'm sorry but there's no way their overall resume is anywhere near as good as Utah's.

Creme definitely face-planted on his USC/UCLA projection.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Glad to see Gonzaga on there. Looks like they're eradicating the losses from when Betts/Brink were out in giving both Stanford/UCLA #1 seeds. Curious if Pac-12 can hold on to 2 number one seeds after next weekend. I still think Virginia Tech slides in and takes a #1 seed if they win out. And I still see no chance of UCONN being shipped to Portland with a regional in Albany. The committee did the same song and dance a couple of years ago, putting UCONN going to a different region in the mid-season reveals, but once the final brackets were announced, UCONN was in Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
Those 5 PAC teams create all sorts of seeding problems.
With Stanford UCLA USC in the other 3 regions, Ore St is forced into Albany 1. Bad to not have them in Portland.

I suspect in a final bracket UConn and LSU would be swapped. Also balances bracket strength better.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
So, according to the committee, just looking at the last two weeks, a win over Texas and a loss to West Virginia is more impressive than wins over Colorado and USC and losing to UCLA (which was a route).

And Utah, over the season, has beaten USC twice, UCLA (with Betts), lost to Stanford by 2, and beat Colorado (2/16, the day after Colorado’s number 1 seed reveal).

Plebe

Reaction Score
The committee falling for shiny new object syndrome.

Utah has 4 wins over the current top 16 (USC x2, UCLA, Colorado).
Oklahoma has 2 (Texas x2). They do have wins over KSU and Baylor, but also have losses to UNLV, Tennessee, Princeton, North Carolina and West Virginia.

Utah's worst loss was in overtime at Arizona (NET #33).
Oklahoma lost at home to Southern (NET #220).

Reaction Score
The committee falling for shiny new object syndrome.
Chair said that seeding was based on how team was playing now, so looks like old losses were discounted.

Beating TX twice and winning the b12 title ain’t nothing.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Chair said that seeding was based on how team was playing now, so looks like old losses were discounted.

Beating TX twice and winning the b12 title ain’t nothing.
And the B12 ain't the P12.
Oklahoma also just lost to West Virginia, a team that wouldn't even be in the top half of the Pac-12.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Well so much for VaTech nabbing a 1. They just got handily beat by Notre Dame. It can still happen but they're down the depth chart now compared to having a clear track entering today.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well so much for VaTech nabbing a 1. They just got handily beat by Notre Dame. It can still happen but they're down the depth chart now compared to having a clear track entering today.

VPI ain't winning the ACC tournament. They are the #1 seed, but the 4/5 will be ND/Louisville.... if they survive that... they would be in the finals against State/Duke.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

1 South Carolina
2 Ohio St
3 Stanford
4 UCLA
5 Virginia Tech
6 Texas
7 Iowa
8 USC
9 LSU
10 UConn
11 NC St
12 Oregon St
13 Colorado
14 Indiana
15 Gonzaga
16 Oklahoma

Acceptable

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Those 5 PAC teams create all sorts of seeding problems.
With Stanford UCLA USC in the other 3 regions, Ore St is forced into Albany 1. Bad to not have them in Portland.

I suspect in a final bracket UConn and LSU would be swapped. Also balances bracket strength better.
If this were the final seeding, the committee might quietly swap Colorado and Oregon State to let OSU play close to home, while letting Colorado have the privilege of not being in a regional with another top 16 Pac-12 team.

Plebe

Reaction Score
If this were the final seeding, the committee might quietly swap Colorado and Oregon State to let OSU play close to home, while letting Colorado have the privilege of not being in a regional with another top 16 Pac-12 team.
The committee can't do that, quietly or otherwise. The top four teams selected from the conference must go into different regions.

What they perhaps could have done is send Stanford or UCLA out to Albany to make space for Oregon State in Portland.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
The committee can't do that, quietly or otherwise. The top four teams selected from the conference must go into different regions.

What they perhaps could have done is send Stanford or UCLA out to Albany to make space for Oregon State in Portland.
It's up to them what order to select the teams in. So they could have decided to put Colorado just over OSU instead of just under.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's up to them what order to select the teams in. So they could have decided to put Colorado just over OSU instead of just under.
Don't think it works that way. The seeding happens first, then the bracketing. They don't reverse engineer the seeds just to keep one team close to home.

Reaction Score
Sc OhioSt Stan have 1 seed locked up

Last spot to pac12 champ, Iowa, or Vt

Reaction Score
Sc OhioSt Stan have 1 seed locked up

Last spot to pac12 champ, Iowa, or Vt
You do know VT got beat last night?

I say:

SCar
Stanford
tOSU or Iowa if one wins out from here
TBD*

Texas but only if they win out from here
UCLA for sure if they win out maybe even they survive a loss in the PAC tourney
LSU if they win Win out and neither team above does
ACC I just don't see one strong enough

Reaction Score
You do know VT got beat last night?

I say:

SCar
Stanford
tOSU or Iowa if one wins out from here
TBD*

Texas but only if they win out from here
UCLA for sure if they win out maybe even they survive a loss in the PAC tourney
LSU if they win Win out and neither team above does
ACC I just don't see one strong enough
Really don’t see LSU jumping from 3 seed to 1 seed. The only Top 25 win they jhave is VaTech, correct? Even if they beat S.C. there are several teams above them that would have a better resume. I never say never but I don’t see a road to get there.

Reaction Score
Really don’t see LSU jumping from 3 seed to 1 seed. The only Top 25 win they jhave is VaTech, correct? Even if they beat S.C. there are several teams above them that would have a better resume. I never say never but I don’t see a road to get there.
Yeah, it would require chaos above them, but the P-5 tournaments can provide that chaos

Reaction Score
Yeah, it would require chaos above them, but the P-5 tournaments can provide that chaos
I understand that, but there’s a reason they are a 3 seed even with all the chaos going on above them. I guess we shall see.

Reaction Score
South Carolina will be the highest #1
Big 10 Champion will be second #1
Pac 12 Champion will be third #1
Big 10 Runner up will be 4th #1
Pac 12 Runner up will be highest #2
ACC Winner will be the second #2
UConn will be the third #2
Big 12 Winner will be the fourth #2

Just my opinion

Reaction Score
South Carolina will be the highest #1
Big 10 Champion will be second #1
Pac 12 Champion will be third #1
Big 10 Runner up will be 4th #1
Pac 12 Runner up will be highest #2
ACC Winner will be the second #2
UConn will be the third #2
Big 12 Winner will be the fourth #2

Just my opinion
If iowa wins out, doubtful they move all the way to 2 overall, and certainly not if ucla or Stanford win the pac.

Unlikely to me that UConn moves from 10 to 7 just by beating Creighton again. Would need not just losses but bad losses by teams ahead of them.

Also NCSt and OreSt have potential to leap over UConn with conf tourney titles (unlikely for NCS given how they’ve been trending).

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom