Tonight | The Boneyard

Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The draft lottery is tonight.

My main interest is seeing where the Pistons' pick lands. Essentially, they either move into the top 3, stay at number 8, or have to give their pick to Charlotte. Either way, it'll add another piece to go with either Drummond or Kemba.

If the Pistons get a top 3 pick, they will certainly be a franchise on the rise with Stan Van Gundy leading a core of Drummond and Wiggins/Embiid/Parker. They'll also have solid pieces they can move in Monroe, Josh Smith, and potentially Brandon Jennings (Jennings will likely stay on the team, unfortunately, even though he isn't their PG of the future). If Drummond (only 20 himself) gets to play alongside one of the top 3 picks in this draft, the Pistons might be one of the best teams in the East over the next decade+.

Reaction Score
Not OP's fault. The buildup to the lottery selection show is a bit ridiculous.
totally agree. I'm seeing pics of potential draft picks in suits confusing the hell out of me

Reaction Score
They'll also have solid pieces they can move in [...] Josh Smith, and potentially Brandon Jennings...

It's going to be hard if not impossible to move those two at those contracts.

Reaction Score
It's going to be hard if not impossible to move those two at those contracts.

They're both players that many feel aren't conducive to winning games, but they are both clearly talented players. However, neither of their contracts are really all that bad. Jennings just has two years left, and is a serviceable starting PG in a league loaded at the position. And Josh Smith makes $13.5 million per year. A big contract, but hardly untradeable in a league which has seen Joe Johnson and even Rudy's contracts moved.

Last edited:

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
NBA gave the Cavs another 1st overall so that they can screw up again.

Reaction Score
Can somebody please tell me what happened to the Pistons pick?

Reaction Score
With the first pick in the 2014 NBA draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers select . . . Sim Bhullar, New Mexico State.

Reaction Score
They're both players that many feel aren't conducive to winning games, but they are both clearly talented players. However, neither of their contracts are really all that bad. Jennings just has two years left, and is a serviceable starting PG in a league loaded at the position. And Josh Smith makes $13.5 million per year. A big contract, but hardly untreatable in a league which has seen Joe Johnson and even Rudy's contracts moved.

Good argument, but you saw what the Raptors got back for Gay. You're going to lose value by moving them because of the contracts.

Reaction Score
That took some unbelievably bad luck for the Pistons. So sick of Cleveland getting a top 3 pick every year and sucking.

U

UCONNfan1

That took some unbelievably bad luck for the Pistons. So sick of Cleveland getting a top 3 pick every year and sucking.
"I guarantee you that the Cleveland Caviliers will win an NBA title before Lebron and the Miami Heat do..."

Anyone remember that quote?!!

Reaction Score

Was a slightly less than 20% chance of getting jumped and losing their pick.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
gnikcvf Celtics suck at the draft lottery. Absolutely suck.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
McDermott makes a lot of sense for the Bobcats at #9. They need a pure scorer desperately and he fits the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom