Tonight was a great recruiting tool | The Boneyard

Tonight was a great recruiting tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Come on, remaining 2014 targets, pull the trigger and be part of all this.

One year playing with Lewis, Banks and Stokes.
Two years playing with Stewart, Tuck and Jefferson.

4 years with Ekmark, Williams and Edwards.

What are you waiting for?

Reaction Score
Let's not forget Pope

Pope is a walk-on. Posters on this board hardly know of her, never mind elite recruits. Dont think any recruits are joining Uconn so they can play with Pope.

Reaction Score
Playing with all these girls is an enticement.However,the key factor,is how the coaches can show each girl their potential,and hopefully,recruits see that.As Geno said last night,his staff recruits real well the kind if kids that fit the Connecticut mold and style.I think this is what helps creating elite players in college and beyond.If the future recruits are serious,into developing their talents and being in a tradition of winning,then hopefully,they will see WHY special kids keep coming to the land of success,UCONN.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Pope is a walk-on. Posters on this board hardly know of her, never mind elite recruits. Dont think any recruits are joining Uconn so they can play with Pope.

I know, but it is a bit callous to just pretend she doesn't exist. How will folks here know about her if we don't talk about her?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I know, but it is a bit callous to just pretend she doesn't exist. How will folks here know about her if we don't talk about her?
Stealth weapon.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
If Pope is gonna come in under the radar, she's gonna hafta ditch the funky jeep..and, the pointy hat. Although, the hat does look fairly aerodynamic..:p

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
After the game last night Geno made a comment in his speech (I'm paraphrasing a little):
"A lot of teams talk about having the chance to play for a national championship, while at UConn we actually do ..... year after year after year!"

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Modification to the ad campaign, "Forget ND, Come to CT and Play with the Pope and Earn Your Own Ring."

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
But think of the draw to Catholic kids for recruiting. Our new motto, "Forget ND, Come to UConn and Play with the Pope."
"PS- don't worry, it'll be safe; you're too old and the wrong gender."

"PPS- (rim shot)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member