Tonight’s (1/27) Committee Reveal?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tonight’s (1/27) Committee Reveal??

Reaction Score
Question:
How can they be considered “solidly and unquestionably” a top 12 team when they are pushed to the limit by an unranked DePaul team and pretty much dominated by unranked Oregon?
Asked by a fan steeped in reality.
(With an open mind)
THE story on a healthy Oregon team [now ranked 19th and rising (IMHO)...], like a healthy UCONN team has not yet been written....

The data presented in the OP shows VC's “solidly and unquestionably” opinion to be a logical conclusion [lowest ranking by all accounts being 11], NOT an emotional response, as VB appears HAPPY [IMHO] with SC being THE #1 ONE seed, and NOT desiring a conversation [starting] that puts UCONN on the same side of the bracket as SC [with a fully healthy UCONN team].

That situation [SC vs. UCONN] should occur at the NC game - NOT at the sweet 16, and let's see how it transpires....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think a month from now...whatever is revealed will be as unrecognizable as the preseason or week 1 rankings and now. With few exceptions...it's been a volatile season at some point or another for a lot of teams. Health and depth will go a long way in this year's tournament... and depending on the injury or absence even a home court advantage may not be enough.

Reaction Score
Bad comparison IMO. South Carolina has wins over Stanford, NC State, LSU, UCONN, Duke, Oregon, and Maryland and just 1 loss on the season.

UCONN has 4 losses and just 1 win over a ranked team (#19 Notre Dame). That's not worthy of a top 3 seed IMO.
UConn is 5-4 against Q1. Only 6 teams have clearly better records than that. Then there are about 11 teams similar.
There’s a lot more to evaluate than just that but if UConn is in the middle of that group, it’s a low 3 seed.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Question:
How can they be considered “solidly and unquestionably” a top 12 team when they are pushed to the limit by an unranked DePaul team and pretty much dominated by unranked Oregon?
(With an open mind)
The Oregon that was unranked was missing a lot of players. They weren’t anymore when they played us when we were short handed. In other words, Oregon wasn’t Oregon when they were unarmed. DePaul is capable of giving a lot of top 20 teams well. Their style gets them into shoot outs. It took an aberration. Of a 2nd quarter to make yesterday a nail biter.

Reaction Score
Question:
(With an open mind)
They were missing half the team they started the year with at Oregon. Once I saw Williams out, I knew it was a big uphill battle. They get a pass there.

Reaction Score
Bad comparison IMO. South Carolina has wins over Stanford, NC State, LSU, UCONN, Duke, Oregon, and Maryland and just 1 loss on the season.

UCONN has 4 losses and just 1 win over a ranked team (#19 Notre Dame). That's not worthy of a top 3 seed IMO.
As long as everyone is healthy, I’m ok with any seed, and I think Geno is too.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
SC has wins against ranked teams like Oregon with top players injured, UConn with players not up to speed. Do you think SC would have an easy time against Oregon now and how bout UConn when Paige comes back. Ive been saying it all season. When healthy and up to speed UConn wont loose barring injuries and health issues. The Tenn game on Feb 6 will be a battle if UConn is healthy. Last nite showed how good of a shooting team UConn is and Paige wasnt playing 58% from the floor and 40% from 3 for the game and 70% from the floor and 62% from 3 in the second half. Pretty tuff to beat that.

Reaction Score
So what seed will UConn be assigned in tonight’s committee reveal at halftime of the ole Miss vs. Scar game? Crem’s bracketology suggests a four seed. UConn should be a 3 with a shot at a two .

This morning’s rankings:
NET - 8th
Massey -8th
RPI - 9th
Coaches Poll - 9th
AP Poll - 10th
Nolan’s ELO - 11th

I just don’t see UConn as a four. To me, they are solidly a top 12 team and almost unquestionably so. BUT - Will politics in the committee cause the to rise to a 2? Or fall to a four? UConn bias or the Muffet factor?
Don’t see them going to a 4 as that would really piss off the one seed in that bracket with them. They’ll be a 2 or a 3 and if Paige comes back and looks healthy they’ll probably be a 2 especially if they beet Tennessee without Paige.

Reaction Score
I am going with the majority here and agree that we get the 3 seed. I won't be shocked if we get the 4 seed either but the 3 seems legit.

Reaction Score
It’s all about Tennessee. They are not going to lose a BE game. If they beat TN, and we get a few upsets at the top, there’s still an outside chance at a 1 seed. But they will definitely be no lower than a 2. A loss to TN maybe still a 2 or 3

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
These reveals do not consider region, correct? Just 1-16

Reaction Score
Whatever the committee does is irrelevant. The only thing I want to see is who gets the 1 seed in Bridgeport. My guess is NCSt or Louis, whoever wins the ACC. But the way the season's been played you can toss the top 12, except for SCar, in a hat and pick names at random.

Reaction Score
1 seeds: SC, Stanford, Nc st, Tenn
2 seeds: Arizona Indiana Louisville, Texas

Reaction Score
SC has wins against ranked teams like Oregon with top players injured, UConn with players not up to speed. Do you think SC would have an easy time against Oregon now and how bout UConn when Paige comes back. Ive been saying it all season. When healthy and up to speed UConn wont loose barring injuries and health issues. The Tenn game on Feb 6 will be a battle if UConn is healthy. Last nite showed how good of a shooting team UConn is and Paige wasnt playing 58% from the floor and 40% from 3 for the game and 70% from the floor and 62% from 3 in the second half. Pretty tuff to beat that.
Love ya Tony but I didn’t see a top flight defense last night from your opponent. I want y’all to beat the Vols but you aren’t going to approach those percentages in that game.

Reaction Score
Absolutely no chance at a 1 seed
Probably not but it’s not impossible to see a couple of losses by the teams who would be the #1 seeds today. If UCONN runs the table……..who knows.

Reaction Score
Uconn not put in Stamford regional due to 4 sec and 4 big 12 teams in the top 16. They would face #1 Stanford and #2 Texas.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Love ya Tony but I didn’t see a top flight defense last night from your opponent. I want y’all to beat the Vols but you aren’t going to approach those percentages in that game.
Your right their defense wasnt top flight but they had the refs to make up for alot of it. We most likely wont shoot like we did against Depaul but I always like to dream big and to shoot for moon and miss you end up with the stars. I dont like Tenn and I have an autographed picture from Pat Summitt. I was a big part of the 37 page NCAA violation that they filed and I did nothing wrong. I did have a copy of it and I dont know where it is now maybe my wife threw it out when she was cleaning lol Every time Tenn looses its like Christmas for me. I hope we beat them by alot on Feb 6. I dont think Paige will be back but I hope she is. To beat Tenn without Paige well that would be very special.

Reaction Score
I think a month from now...whatever is revealed will be as unrecognizable as the preseason or week 1 rankings and now. With few exceptions...it's been a volatile season at some point or another for a lot of teams. Health and depth will go a long way in this year's tournament... and depending on the injury or absence even a home court advantage may not be enough.
Tennessee just lost one of their key players for the season.
Heightened level of competition = more injuries (unfortunately)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom