Tomorrow vs Marquette - we happy? | The Boneyard

Tomorrow vs Marquette - we happy?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Forgot to do a poll on who we'd rather see in the semis tomorrow, so have at it here. Are we glad that it's Marquette and not Villanova?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Forgot to do a poll on who we'd rather see in the semis tomorrow, so have at it here. Are we glad that it's Marquette and not Villanova?
I was rooting for Nova. We had done good work shutting Olson down this season. Also I think Marq. has more physical posts than Nova, but whatever.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If Marquette plays like they did today UConn wins by 20 or more.

Reaction Score
I prefer Marquette. They don't play as "physical" as 'Nova, to use the current euphemism for hip-checks, shoving, slapping, clawing, etc. In particular, I didn't care for Christina Dalce's play in our last meeting. I don't care to subject Aaliyah to that again, so soon after the BS that went down today against Providence.

Reaction Score
I made my personal prediction that MARQUETTE would not lose to Villanova three times
this season. But a two-point win for Marquette 50 - 48 might leave them more tired
that the beaten-up Huskies. We can score more than they can. WE WIN! : 75 - 45 ! KK comes on strong,
Ash continues to be SOLID and Paige and Nika maintain the "Senior Sisters" pressure whether
Aaliyah plays or not. (My guess is "YES" She plays = a tough Canadian!!). Oh, and Ice plays well
and does not get close to fouling out... maybe three tiny fouls!!!???

Reaction Score
I was pulling for Marquette. A very physical, rock fight of a close game. I would rather face them than Villanova.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but the situation as is, does not look good at all. I hope that I am very wrong !

Reaction Score
I prefer Marquette. They don't play as "physical" as 'Nova, to use the current euphemism for hip-checks, shoving, slapping, clawing, etc. In particular, I didn't care for Christina Dalce's play in our last meeting. I don't care to subject Aaliyah to that again, so soon after the BS that went down today against Providence.
I concur here.

Reaction Score
Marquette better be prepared to score a lot more than 50 Sunday if they want a chance, Edwards or not. The announcers mentioned something about Auriemma's idea that 70 was a common target for Connecticut.

Reaction Score
My worry is that AE might also have a concussion. Years ago when I broke mine the concussion tagged along. Amask can get you into a game for a broken nose (not sure if true for the next day).

Reaction Score
My worry is that AE might also have a concussion. Years ago when I broke mine the concussion tagged along. Amask can get you into a game for a broken nose (not sure if true for the next day).
Affirmative !

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
We will be in big trouble down low with the foul maven Ice Brady being our only Big for the game. Lets be serious, Aaliyah will be in no condition to play. With Amari out (another opportunity to show her worth, and she cannot play), will Paige be the other Big? That is a problem, as Marquette will be targeting both of them to get them in foul trouble. Playing Marquette and Creighton without Aaliyah will be an enormous task, but I think getting her ready for the NCAA tournament is the top priority. Then again, we don't want to lose the BE Championship along with the other records we have lost during this injury plagued few years.

Reaction Score
Well put and realistic. Then if she can't play, my main concern is Ice has not been asked to play 35 minutes before, which she will probably need to do, and typical of freshmen bigs, she has been very foul prone, making high minutes not just a stamina issue but also staying out of foul trouble issue.

I don't assume we are a sizable favorite against any of the better Big East teams, if we have to play much of the game with Q and Paige as a 4/5 combination. Hopefully we don't have to because Aaliyah is available, or if Ice has to start, she can be effective with way more minutes than usual, and stay out of foul trouble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom