tom lemming | The Boneyard

tom lemming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
sounds like hes been reading to much hfd ;)

Reaction Score
I'm telling you, Noel Thomas is going to be the best player from this class. I went and saw him play a few weeks ago. Just line him up somewhere next year and he'll do his thing.

Reaction Score
Looks like a good glass to me but we need a few more yeti size ol. Maybe get from Juco. Looks like te will say a position of strength for us.

Really like the foresight the staff had with lagow. I know there were some critics saying why did we offer so soon and although his stats are not overly flashy he is having a solid year bright kid and now getting rave reviews from draft experts.

Maybe if p doesn't work out as a coach we can keep him on as gm.

Reaction Score
Come on my CT brethren... We gotta be realistic about football in CT.. YES, they are some players here but the level of competition they face week in and week out is not even close to what you see in NJ, OH, PA, TX, FL, GA, LA, CA, AZ, VA, OK, AL... that's about all the states on off the top of my head. That's the reality of things... Here's hoping our CT kids go out there and prove the nation wrong and represent CT playing at UCONN and producing way above expectations.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i havnt given my opinion yet...

1) this is a good to above average year in ct. i dont know what he is talking about. last year was a bad year, this year is not. we have 8 kids in the state already committed to bcs schools. one more had several bcs offers and went ivy. there are several more kids who will end up at umass, my guess is 3 to 5 kids this year and several more who will go to army and fcs schools. thats a good year for the state. its a lot better than last year. is it 05/06 ish? no but its good enough. if ct can get to around 10 kids a year bcs then the state is doing very well compared to most states considering population/amount of schools...

2) summers is a db, hes a good player but im not sold. said it at the time and ill say it now again. i think it was a ealry reach we could have waited on a bit. same with the dt from nyc. im happy to have both here and wish them the best at uconn, i will be rooting for them but on the trail we were building up a great class and i fell oth were reaches at the time. we could have offered both next week and been fine after missing on others...

3) noel is a gem of the class just like johnhuskies says. u guys are going to love him! rutgers tried and he stayed home, so did temple. bc went to offer and he said dont bother. love the kid on and off the field, he will be a bright spot in our future.

4)hopkins is a great under rated kid, he was right on him

5)he is underrating our haul at TE. myers is a stud in the making. never focused on fball until now, he will show out in time, hell of a ath. cam is also a player, he had some good offers but the sites just dont care to update things. that was a MAJOR get for us in nyc for this class. 1 thing i really like is our strides in nyc/ct/ne. some here say they dont exist but your blind to it.

pj

Reaction Score
I think the overall picture is right, we have a bunch of solid 3* players but no superstars.

However, what's special about this class is we have solid coverage of all the offensive skill positions. If we can recruit a solid o-line, these players will give us a productive offense for 2014-2016. We really haven't had a BCS level offense for years, if ever.

Not sure our defensive and o-line recruiting is up to snuff, but we'll see. They made a bunch of offers to lower rated players they saw at camp. Hope it works.

Reaction Score
i havnt given my opinion yet...

1) this is a good to above average year in ct. i dont know what he is talking about. last year was a bad year, this year is not. we have 8 kids in the state already committed to bcs schools. one more had several bcs offers and went ivy. there are several more kids who will end up at umass, my guess is 3 to 5 kids this year and several more who will go to army and fcs schools. thats a good year for the state. its a lot better than last year. is it 05/06 ish? no but its good enough. if ct can get to around 10 kids a year bcs then the state is doing very well compared to most states considering population/amount of schools...

Let's be honest, Tom Lemming, Rivals, 24/7, etc. are not spending a lot of tine evaluating CT kids, period. I thought he was suggesting there was no studs - no, Redd, no Hernandez's, etc. That's why they might not be as high as kids liek Noel or Tommy, they simply don't know them like they know kids playing in the hotbeds.

2) summers is a db, hes a good player but im not sold. said it at the time and ill say it now again. i think it was a ealry reach we could have waited on a bit. same with the dt from nyc. im happy to have both here and wish them the best at uconn, i will be rooting for them but on the trail we were building up a great class and i fell oth were reaches at the time. we could have offered both next week and been fine after missing on others...

I believe Summers has a connection w/staff. Also, I think what this staff does well is recruit programs as well as kids, so when the 4/5 star from that same school comes up in a year or 2, they are more familiar w/UConn - it's what RU did in NJ and it's a good way to build the program in the metro NY area. For the record, his composite score is much higher than many other kids in this class.

For the record, glad to have you back. We're all pi$$ed about the team, but after the RU loss I thought we lost you on the recruiting front as well. Now, where are the Dean stats?

3) noel is a gem of the class just like johnhuskies says. u guys are going to love him! rutgers tried and he stayed home, so did temple. bc went to offer and he said dont bother. love the kid on and off the field, he will be a bright spot in our future.

4)hopkins is a great under rated kid, he was right on him

5)he is underrating our haul at TE. myers is a stud in the making. never focused on fball until now, he will show out in time, hell of a ath. cam is also a player, he had some good offers but the sites just dont care to update things. that was a MAJOR get for us in nyc for this class. 1 thing i really like is our strides in nyc/ct/ne. some here say they dont exist but your blind to it.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
In the other article related to recruiting, it seems maybe Dez got the idea that "the cupboard was bare" (i.e. "walked into a train wreck) from... Lou Marinelli?

pj

Reaction Score
"From a recruiting standpoint, we're happy with the skill players we have, but we're still evaluating," Pasqualoni said.

I'm happy with the skill players too but we need more big guys and athletic defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom