Todman - 76 yard TD run | The Boneyard

Todman - 76 yard TD run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Todman's stats for the night:

10 carries for 114 yards, 1 TD
5 receptions for 21 yards

Hopefully, this was enough to earn him a roster spot in MN.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The odds were probably not in his favor because of the injuries - he had a great night tonight and I hope to hell they keep him, but my hunch is that they were leaning towards Asiata or Hilliard.

But if I'm painting a best case scenario for Todman, it would look like tonight. He's definitely a change of pace as a third running back compared to Gerhart and Peterson. He had 110-yds, showed speed on the long run, caught all five passes thrown at him and returned a kick 29 yards. A lot of options there.

The Vikings freaking suck, btw.

Reaction Score
The odds were probably not in his favor because of the injuries - he had a great night tonight and I hope to hell they keep him, but my hunch is that they were leaning towards Asiata or Hilliard.

But if I'm painting a best case scenario for Todman, it would look like tonight. He's definitely a change of pace as a third running back compared to Gerhart and Peterson. He had 110-yds, showed speed on the long run, caught all five passes thrown at him and returned a kick 29 yards. A lot of options there.

The Vikings freaking suck, btw.

Hey hey no need to kick us Viking fans down lol. We are finally going the full route of rebuilding rather than the stopgap style of finding a declining and aging QB.

Anyway, I think the Vikings really liked Todman and wanted him to win the job right away, but he got hurt and missed a few weeks and the first 2 preseason games so he was definitely behind the 8ball. The unfortunate part is that Asiata asserted himself in those 2games and has looked pretty good too. I do not think they will be able to sneak Todman on the PS as he has a higher upside than Asiata, but here is hoping he makes it on the 53man.

Reaction Score
The talk is todman is cut he won't clear waivers so he will wind up somewhere

Reaction Score
The talk is todman is cut he won't clear waivers so he will wind up somewhere

This was just in the Star Tribune:

RUNNING BACKS
Who we’re keeping: Adrian Peterson, Toby Gerhart, Jordan Todman, Jerome Felton
Who we’re cutting: Matt Asiata, Lex Hilliard, Ryan D’Imperio
Worth discussing: Look, we know it would be crazy to get too excited over the 114-yard outburst Todman had Thursday night against a flock of Texans reserves. But what Todman did show is that he has incredible burst and intriguing upside. His 76-yard TD run may very well have earned him a roster spot, proof that under pressure he can deliver.
“Some of his teammates were talking about just that after that long run,” head coach Leslie Frazier said. “They go, ‘Man, Coach, that running back position just got a lot more competitive.’ And they’re right. To see Jordan step up the way he did, that was one of the things we were hoping to see.”
But the Vikings will also have to consider the sprained ankle that kept Todman out through much of training camp and limited him to just two carries in the preseason before Thursday.
Said Frazier: “You have to factor that in. You want guys to stay healthy. That’s part of playing in this league: availability. But sometimes injuries are completely out of your control. So we have to evaluate him on his body of work. And his body of work is limited compared to some of the other backs. But we have to sit down and discuss where he is and how much he can help our team going forward.”

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Hey hey no need to kick us Viking fans down lol. We are finally going the full route of rebuilding rather than the stopgap style of finding a declining and aging QB.

Anyway, I think the Vikings really liked Todman and wanted him to win the job right away, but he got hurt and missed a few weeks and the first 2 preseason games so he was definitely behind the 8ball. The unfortunate part is that Asiata asserted himself in those 2games and has looked pretty good too. I do not think they will be able to sneak Todman on the PS as he has a higher upside than Asiata, but here is hoping he makes it on the 53man.

I've been a Vikings' fan since I was three...if people didn't kick us when we were down, they would never get to kick us.

And the Vikings cut him.

God, I hate them sometimes.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Easley took a kickoff 100 yards for a TD and then caught a 2 pt conversion pass yesterday and the Bills cut him today. breaks for both.

Reaction Score
I've been a Vikings' fan since I was three...if people didn't kick us when we were down, they would never get to kick us.

And the Vikings cut him.

God, I hate them sometimes.

Viking fan. From NY. Since age 3. Hmmm. Slowly coming to a diagnosis. Need a few more sessions. We will contact your insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom