OT: - Toasters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Toasters

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I prefer and use a toaster oven. I usually spend only about $35 because toasters, toaster ovens and irons usually have a life expectancy of 2-3 years. There’s nothing like opening a new box of waffles
And your toasters dead. A dead iron on a school day is worse.

Reaction Score
After reading this thread id Like to give toast a try. Can anyone suggest the best way to make it?

Edit: anyone else now have toasters ads showing up?

Reaction Score
After reading this thread id Like to give toast a try. Can anyone suggest the best way to make it?
I'm not an expert or a foodie by any means but from what I've heard, you should use a toaster

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Toasters are also great for a quick Pop tart warm up. Only need 30 seconds to make the stale crust a bit pliant and provide a little warmth to the filling

I'm mostly an unfrosted cinnamon or strawberry guy.

Also like their new peanut butter chocolate Pop tarts. Quick easy breakfast for the commute in to work.
Room temperature pop tarts are superior to heated ones. That's just science.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How do you not have a toaster? They cost $15. I'm an English Muffin fan, must have a toaster.

Reaction Score
Free toaster to the person that correctly predicts the school and date of AkAk's commitment.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Room temperature pop tarts are superior to heated ones. That's just science.

Fake, poser science.

Need them slightly warmed.

Ever since I had to explain to a cop my fingerprints were not intentionally burned off to prevent ID but rather due to reaching in to a toaster oven to grab some frosted Pop tarts, I've sworn off toaster oven and frosted Pop tarts.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I just use the broiler in my oven these days. It's faster. Or, when I'm ambitious, some butter in a cast iron frying pan, then add bread.

I've come to detest small appliances cluttering my countertop. Which is humorous since I work for a small appliance company these days.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Please tell me you are also a civilized fork-splitter, and not one of those mouth-breathing knife-splitters.

I needs my nooks and crannies!

Depends on the muffin brand and topping. Thomas', gotta fork split. Butter and jam are proper toppings. My favorite is actually Fiber One and I knife split those. But, I am mostly either putting natural peanut butter or a fried egg whites on those. The peanut butter is too much for the fork split Thomas', tears it to pieces and with the egg white sandwich, it's irrelevant.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1539955658512.png

Thanks Emery.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Depends on the muffin brand and topping. Thomas', gotta fork split. Butter and jam are proper toppings. My favorite is actually Fiber One and I knife split those. But, I am mostly either putting natural peanut butter or a fried egg whites on those. The peanut butter is too much for the fork split Thomas', tears it to pieces and with the egg white sandwich, it's irrelevant.
Have you tried the hipster brand sold a whole foods? I think they are baked outside Boston somewhere. Very substantial.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Do we have any official visits set up with a toaster? Any crystal ball picks? Even this is stressful. We really need a toaster to round out this recruiting class.

Reaction Score
Oh dear God.
You don't know what you're missing. Throw a little butter on there too

Pop tarts are overrated anyway, though. Toaster Strudels are the true king

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

What is the point of putting an egg on an english muffin, if not for the drippy goodness of a yolk?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Have you tried the hipster brand sold a whole foods? I think they are baked outside Boston somewhere. Very substantial.

Too many calories most likely. I like the Fiber One because the whole thing is just 110.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
What is the point of putting an egg on an english muffin, if not for the drippy goodness of a yolk?

Gross. I hate soft cooked eggs. The point is protein.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom