To Those Pining for Advertising in Soutwest CT | The Boneyard

To Those Pining for Advertising in Soutwest CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Just saw an advertisement for this week's game with Buffalo on one of the video billboards on Rt. 25 in Bridgeport. That'll be seen by a lot of people driving home to the Trumbull/Milford/Shelton etc. area from 4-7. I've literally never seen a similar billboard in the area. Hopefully a sign of the Athletic Department moving in the right direction.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Soutwest...Southwest...same difference. Stinks not being able to change title.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Same here. Saw it last night. About time!

Reaction Score
UCONN football was all over the electronic boards in pre-season and for UMass but nothing after that. I'll look for them tomorrow on I-95.

They should use the "48 hours until gametime" ad with Trevardo's picture in the greater Bridgeport area. Give him some props back home!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This is a start. One in Stamford would be pretty nice though.

Reaction Score
My gmail account now gets pounded with UConn stuff. It's totally welcome too. Little things can make a big difference.

I don't know if this is a new development or not, but when I was back home briefly I noticed the UConn Huskies logo in lots of places I hadn't seen it before. For instance, the UConn logo on Dunking Donuts cups, and some of the electronic bilboards on the way to the game. It's been a couple years since I was home during football season, but CT felt more like a state that actually has a D-I football team to me than it has in years past.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
There was a UConn billboard in conjunction with Webster Bank in Westchester when I was there around a month ago. I don't think it specifically mentioned the football team but it definitely had the Husky logo.

Reaction Score
It's in New Rochelle. Webster Bank + UConn = great team, or something like that...

Reaction Score
UCONN also has advertisements for its home games (including Buffalo this week) on video billboards on southbound 95 right before you get onto the Q bridge, and another one on 91 north as you reach Hartford (can be viewed by drivers on both sides). Going southbound on 91 they have one on a video board close to the new haven Hamden boundary. They are doing a good job hitting up all the places where there is a lot of traffic. Kudos to Uconn for stepping up its game in advertising their football product in CT. Slowly but surely we are headed in the right direction

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It's in New Rochelle. Webster Bank + UConn = great team, or something like that...

Westchester is a great place to market the program (and I have ben preaching this for as long as we've been playing at the FBS level). The demographics are very similar to Fairfield County, the distance from the Rent is not unreasonable, our appeal there in men's & women's hoops is very strong (exceptional when the lack of marketing is taken into consideration) and their proximity to NYC could be a huge bonus for the school & the athletic programs.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i still think uconn should send a letter to every mailing adress in ct each summer about season tix to sports and just uconn in general stuff. how hard can that be? how much would that cost? is it that wild to think a couple of summer interns couldn't do that all may and june and have them out july 4th weekend?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Soutwest...Southwest...same difference. Stinks not being able to change title.
Didn't notice until you pointed it out.

Reaction Score
Westchester is a great place to market the program (and I have ben preaching this for as long as we've been playing at the FBS level). The demographics are very similar to Fairfield County, the distance from the Rent is not unreasonable, our appeal there in men's & women's hoops is very strong (exceptional when the lack of marketing is taken into consideration) and their proximity to NYC could be a huge bonus for the school & the athletic programs.

Agreed. My wife is from White Plains, one of her brothers is a UConn fan... so they are out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom