To Jordan, Andre and Adama | The Boneyard

To Jordan, Andre and Adama

Reaction Score
Go chase those dreams young lads! Don’t forget all the hard work that got you to this point. Be yourself, don’t ever change who you are, take care of your family and enjoy the ride! You all deserve to reap the rewards
Coming your way. Congratulations.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Three totally unforgettable and unique players who helped bring back all that Uconn basketball was and now is again. Very special young men with the right stuff. We will never forget you and look forward to a bright future for each of you in all your endeavors. Hope we see or hear of you again on campus talking to the team or at an occasional game.

Reaction Score
I’m trying to understand how Sanogo the MVP of The Final Four has not been drafted in the first 36 players. I guess I’m ignorant about what I’ve thought about Sanogo’s supposed talent as it applies to the league. His domination of all of those teams and their best players all year long was a mirage.

Reaction Score
I’m trying to understand how Sanogo the MVP of The Final Four has not been drafted in the first 36 players. I guess I’m ignorant about what I’ve thought about Sanogo’s supposed talent as it applies to the league. His domination of all of those teams and their best players all year long was a mirage.
He even added a 3 point shot to his arsenal and became more mobile on picks and rolls. Not in top 54 and counting.

Reaction Score
ESPN has him as 7th best with only 3 picks left. Some surprise picks really altered the projections.

Reaction Score
Bilas just said it. Tshiebwe adama timme dude from Arizona. The game has changed immensely in 10 years. Europe has changed the big man role in the nba. Hard to imagine shaq being a lye 1st rounder today but terry mills being a top 5 pick.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
This is a classic case of college vs pros. The reality is hes an undersized big who plays below the rim. The added 3 point shot isn't enough. He is a DOMINANT college player who's game just doesn't translate well to the NBA. However I'm a bit shocked no one took a shot on him in round 2. I think he's a guy who is going to produce wherever he goes be it G League or overseas, and will make a handsome living for himself. I wish him the very best and hope he gets a shot to prove he belongs in the league.

Reaction Score
This is a classic case of college vs pros. The reality is hes an undersized big who plays below the rim. The added 3 point shot isn't enough. He is a DOMINANT college player who's game just doesn't translate well to the NBA. However I'm a bit shocked no one took a shot on him in round 2. I think he's a guy who is going to produce wherever he goes be it G League or overseas, and will make a handsome living for himself. I wish him the very best and hope he gets a shot to prove he belongs in the league.
Unfortunately the defensive end was too much. NBA centers are an after thought on offense and rebounding doesn't matter that much. There are 363 D1 college teams and the defensive schemes are varied and coaches generally either recruit to their scheme or adjust to their talented personnel. There's only 30 NBA teams and a majority of them play their centers in drop coverage for defensive PnR scheme coverage. Sanogo couldn't play it in college and the better athletes and bigger ball-handlers would make it worse in the NBA. It significantly limited his available teams.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Considering Sanogo I expect this "rejection" will just motivate him all the more. We won't be surprised when the rest of the world finds out what his work ethic and character is.

pj

Reaction Score

I believe he'll make it in the league. He proved himself a quick learner who is still not close to his ceiling. He started to show an ability to dribble-drive and pass as well as hit the 3. I think he'll find his way to a game that works in the NBA. And with his immovable strength and agility, he'll be able to play defense, even if he's not the rim protector some other guys are.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
At the Rent last year I got a pic of myself with AJax and Adama. So cool that I got a pic with NBAers from UConn. So happy for them.

Reaction Score
The NBA is rife with bad draft decisions so time will tell, but I hope Sanogo at least gets an opportunity.

Reaction Score
Hurley was on camera hugging the Hawkins family yesterday. Recruits take notice, when you get Dan you get 1000% commitment. AND RESULTS.

Reaction Score
At the Rent last year I got a pic of myself with AJax and Adama. So cool that I got a pic with NBAers from UConn. So happy for them.
Went to the Florida game last year. After the game, maybe 20 fans tops found the bus & waited for the players to come out.

The bus was a football field away & up 2 levels of steps. Security wouldn’t let any fans go down the steps, so we had to wait up top. As players came out, we started yelling over at them. Adama was the first player to walk over, asked why everyone was up there & told us to come down to meet the team. When he found out we couldn’t, he climbed the steps and spent time with each fan. Then led Hasam, Newton, Hawkins, Clingan & Andre up. They all did the same. Hurley came up too. One of my fondest memories from a game & a real testament to Adama.

Hope he has an amazing & profitable career. Will struggle to meet a better man, or a better representative for the university. And we somehow had a whole team full of them

Reaction Score
Good luck with the Pelicans Jordan, Milwaukee Andre and Chicago Adama. Thanks for the national championship and good luck in the NBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom