To-do list for tomorrow | The Boneyard

To-do list for tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) Buy a six pack of Rolling Rock. Yes, it's awful, but tradition is tradition is tradition. You think Norwegian kids like eating lye-soaked rotted cod every Christmas? No, but they do it because it's tradition and it's good luck.

2) Eat some chicken wings. See above, but without all the awful.

3) Keep the Jim Calhoun bobble-head doll safe until tomorrow. (He sits next to the TV during tournament games.) Speaking of which, we need Kevin Ollie bobble-head dolls.

4) Find the original Boneyard Classic tee shirt. Last time I wore it was the 2011 title game, but I'm sure we still have it. (Coincidence - my in-laws stayed over last night on their trek back to Massachusetts from their wintering hole in Florida. My father-in-law was wearing a Boneyard Classic tee shirt when he arrived.)

5) Assemble the Sports Illustrateds from past titles. I have four - three pristine ones and then one that was signed by about 50 Boneyarders after the first title.

6) Head to the state park. I've been in the state park near our house at some point during all of the past five games - including the Michigan State game where the combination of the Michigan State run and the constantly jabbering of the females in the house chased me out of the house at halftime. Watched the rest of the game on my phone in the park. Went there for tip-off yesterday and will go for tip-off tomorrow. Will bring bear spray due to the late tip...

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
1) Buy a six pack of Rolling Rock. Yes, it's awful, but tradition is tradition is tradition. You think Norwegian kids like eating lye-soaked rotted cod every Christmas? No, but they do it because it's tradition and it's good luck. 2) Eat some chicken wings. See above, but without all the awful. 3) Keep the Jim Calhoun bobble-head doll safe until tomorrow. (He sits next to the TV during tournament games.) Speaking of which, we need Kevin Ollie bobble-head dolls. 4) Find the original Boneyard Classic tee shirt. Last time I wore it was the 2011 title game, but I'm sure we still have it. (Coincidence - my in-laws stayed over last night on their trek back to Massachusetts from their wintering hole in Florida. My father-in-law was wearing a Boneyard Classic tee shirt when he arrived.) 5) Assemble the Sports Illustrateds from past titles. I have four - three pristine ones and then one that was signed by about 50 Boneyarders after the first title. 6) Head to the state park. I've been in the state park near our house at some point during all of the past five games - including the Michigan State game where the combination of the Michigan State run and the constantly jabbering of the females in the house chased me out of the house at halftime. Watched the rest of the game on my phone in the park. Went there for tip-off yesterday and will go for tip-off tomorrow. Will bring bear spray due to the late tip...

I'm dismayed by the fact that you did not mention you will run 50 miles in that state park while having the boneyard on your second smartphone with the game on the first.

Doomed!

Reaction Score
I'm dismayed by the fact that you did not mention you will run 50 miles in that state park while having the boneyard on your second smartphone with the game on the first.

Doomed!
Seriously. A 50.4 mile running coming up tomorrow. Calling out of work for it too. Just got my fifth smart phone in the mail.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
IMG_0704.jpg

Running 50 miles might be a little out of the realm, but I can put my shoes in the car and drive them for as many miles as necessary.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is the originall tee the dark blue one with the putting husky?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thank goodness tomorrow is a full day at work. No time for a wandering brain. But on the way home it's get beer and wings. Shirt and shorts from last night are already washed and ready to go.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Was enjoying $5 Rolling Rock pitchers last night at Hobbit Hoagies during the game. You're welcome.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I'm getting FIRED UP from all this MOJO!

Reaction Score
LOL...I was thinking the same thing...why would you wash off all that mojo filled sweat, wings and beer stains from Saturday night??? ;)
Exactly. Same long sleeve topped with sweatshirt Unwashed for the past five games. Mojo baby.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I bought a 6-pack at the same place about the same time before the tip for the last 3 games. Going for four.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
6) Head to the state park. I've been in the state park near our house at some point during all of the past five games - including the Michigan State game where the combination of the Michigan State run and the constantly jabbering of the females in the house chased me out of the house at halftime. Watched the rest of the game on my phone in the park. Went there for tip-off yesterday and will go for tip-off tomorrow. Will bring bear spray due to the late tip...

Be sure to bring a large Senhor Testiculo toy doll. No one will think it's weird.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Be sure to bring a large Senhor Testiculo toy doll. No one will think it's weird.

Man Arrested in State Park Held for Observation.

The suspect, who was found clutching an empty bottle of beer, a bobble-head doll and a stuffed testicle, attempted to evade arrest by throwing a chicken wing at officers and shouting, "I hope you can run 50.1 miles, pigs!"

He was subdued after a seven-yard foot chase.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Man Arrested in State Park Held for Observation.

The suspect, who was found clutching an empty bottle of beer, a bobble-head doll and a stuffed testicle, attempted to evade arrest by throwing a chicken wing at officers and shouting, "I hope you can run 50.1 miles, pigs!"

He was subdued after a seven-yard foot chase.

Shouldn't it be a stuffed pair of testicles?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I have a doctor appointment in the morning. On the way home, I will stop at the gym, get my heart rate up to 150 and keep in there for some indefinite period of time beyond 90 minutes. Assuming I survive that, I will drive home, set an alarm for just before game time, and collapse on the bed.

Reaction Score
Same as yesterday…..work, golf, beers (Sacreds for the mojo)……home for some people, get the extra chairs in the right spots, get the coolers packed, order a party size pie, make a coffee with szambvca and baileys for my starter, get ready for WINNING TIME

Reaction Score
I am going to add one thing to all of this delightful behavior. I am a small business owner. The production end of my enterprise( including van drivers and excluding anyone who happened to violate probation the night before) totals approximately ten wonderful, hardworking human beings who are always up for a good time. SO, when I show up tomorrow with a variety of Husky t-shirts and tell them(they are well aware of my personal, longstanding Huskymania) that they absolutely have to wear one for the day; they will be all over it!
Whatever is necessary to stoke the mojo will be done. Whatever is necessary to guarantee a very unpleasant return trip to Memorial Coliseum,Euclid Avenue,Lexington,40506 for Calamari and his Band of Pretenders WILL BE DONE!!!

GO HUSKIES!!!
BEAT THE WILDCATS!!!
555.jpg

THIS ONE'S FOR YOU JOHNNIE BOY!!!
628x471.jpg

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Work...off to moms in Wallingford to deliver a baker's rack. While in Wallyworld its off to Sliders for two orders of wings...cajun and something else. Then off to buy the sacreds. Then home to genuflect in the general direction of Storrs, then Dallas, then Storrs again...and then toward Dallas again.

Then I will devour said wings while wearing something Husky-ish.

Then...more genuflecting. Then WINNING TIME! I may celebrate with a hit of Kentucky bourbon. :D

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
IMG_0704.jpg

Running 50 miles might be a little out of the realm, but I can put my shoes in the car and drive them for as many miles as necessary.
WHERE'S THE SACRED?!? Also, don't you have to kick a wastebasket at some point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom