TNewt stunning stat | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TNewt stunning stat

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
He's so economical, you don't realize everything he's doing until you see the numbers. No denying the results though. I used to work for a guy that judged everything by level of effort; if I wrote the paper he asked for in an hour he wouldn't like it. Sit on it for two days and he'd love it. I feel like we do that to Tristen sometimes.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
soo rip, emeka, kemba, ray, ben....oh wait...that's five already.

Sorry. Tristan is great....but he's not up there yet.
Yeah, but Tristen has a good chance.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Unlike XL scoreboard, Gampel doesn’t show all the players stats. It does have a board with team stats though. Something to consider during the upgrade.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
General Newton doesn’t get nearly enough respect. Kid is a straight gamer. Only sat for 3 minutes last night. Gets fouled often at the rim. STUFFS the stat sheet. Wins games. Has to go down as one of our greatest ever.
Seems to go through "arm tackling" every time he drives but it doesn't seem to phase him. He is now becoming much more efficient with step back shots adding to the mid range game. Always seems to have a smile on his face when on the floor which is remincient of Kemba. I'm really hoping we go far in the NCAA tourney in the hopes that his cousin (uncle?) Aaron Jones and his brother show up again.

Aaron Jones watches cousin Tristen Newton, UConn play at NCAA March Madness Sweet 16 game

Reaction Score
With the game he had at Creighton (even though a loss) and last night's game, he should be BE player of the week. Will they finally give it to him?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm putting Tristen at the level of Bazz in terms of importance to UConn teams. There are a lot of differences between the two players that makes it fun to argue this statement. The skills of the players are different. The surrounding team is different. The type of offense run is different. But what they have in common is that their respective teams play(ed) much better when they are in the game.

Bazz was the better on ball defender but Newton is a good to very good defender and his height advantage allows him to cover a wider range of players plus it's harder for players to shoot over him.

Bazz was the better three point shooter but his two point shooting was subpar. Tristen is much more diverse in scoring - a poor mans Rip Hamilton, except Calhoun probably would not have converted Tristen to a wing.

Both are very good FT shooters but the nod goes to Bazz although Tristen's play gets him far more attempts.

Both are great guard rebounders but I give the nod to Tristen.

It's not a coincidence their career stats are comparable and they are the UConn leaders in triple doubles.

Comparing the experience of this years team with the 2014 championship team the experience nod has to go with that 2014 team. On that 2014 team you had Kromah a fifth year player, seniors in Bazz, Niels, and Tyler, juniors in Ryan and Deandre, sophomores in Omar and Nolan, a redshirt sophomore in Rodney, and freshmen in Terrance and Amida. This years team has four upperclassmen, but Samson has only played for one full season, three sophomores and a bunch of freshmen.

Tristen may not be a vocal leader but he, like Bazz, is the spoon that stirs the pot.

His transformation from a CG to a PG last season was incredible. Many players are unable to change to that degree from a style of play they excel at. This year Tristen is leading a relatively young team with little drop off in play. Just a remarkable accomplishment by a player.

Yesterday was a trifecta in more ways than one. Three times my screaming with delight caused my pets to run for shelter. Sorry Kai and Minerva! First when Rip hit the half court shot, second when Akshay made his half court shot and third when Alex made the three to give Tristen his third triple of this season. That third delightful scream was my favorite. Congrats Tristen. You definitely deserve to be recognized as a UConn great. You've earned it.

Reaction Score
I'm putting Tristen at the level of Bazz in terms of importance to UConn teams. There are a lot of differences between the two players that makes it fun to argue this statement. The skills of the players are different. The surrounding team is different. The type of offense run is different. But what they have in common is that their respective teams play(ed) much better when they are in the game.

Bazz was the better on ball defender but Newton is a good to very good defender and his height advantage allows him to cover a wider range of players plus it's harder for players to shoot over him.

Bazz was the better three point shooter but his two point shooting was subpar. Tristen is much more diverse in scoring - a poor mans Rip Hamilton, except Calhoun probably would not have converted Tristen to a wing.

Both are very good FT shooters but the nod goes to Bazz although Tristen's play gets him far more attempts.

Both are great guard rebounders but I give the nod to Tristen.

It's not a coincidence their career stats are comparable and they are the UConn leaders in triple doubles.

Comparing the experience of this years team with the 2014 championship team the experience nod has to go with that 2014 team. On that 2014 team you had Kromah a fifth year player, seniors in Bazz, Niels, and Tyler, juniors in Ryan and Deandre, sophomores in Omar and Nolan, a redshirt sophomore in Rodney, and freshmen in Terrance and Amida. This years team has four upperclassmen, but Samson has only played for one full season, three sophomores and a bunch of freshmen.

Tristen may not be a vocal leader but he, like Bazz, is the spoon that stirs the pot.

His transformation from a CG to a PG last season was incredible. Many players are unable to change to that degree from a style of play they excel at. This year Tristen is leading a relatively young team with little drop off in play. Just a remarkable accomplishment by a player.

Yesterday was a trifecta in more ways than one. Three times my screaming with delight caused my pets to run for shelter. Sorry Kai and Minerva! First when Rip hit the half court shot, second when Akshay made his half court shot and third when Alex made the three to give Tristen his third triple of this season. That third delightful scream was my favorite. Congrats Tristen. You definitely deserve to be recognized as a UConn great. You've earned it.
He is the spoon that stirs the pot, and he is the number one key to a 2nd championship.

Reaction Score
Currently 5th in Kenpom player of the year ranking

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 12-39-51 2024 kPOY Standings.jpg

Reaction Score
BE POY and an All-American
I mean. U gotta think he’s front runner for BE POY after his last two games and cam and clingan at least second team. Cam prolly first team as well. Karaban second or third team Castle freshmen of the year and Diarra 6th man of year. Crazy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
how do fans in Gampel know TNewt is close to a triple double?
They looked up at the scoreboard and saw the stats?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I mean. U gotta think he’s front runner for BE POY after his last two games and cam and clingan at least second team. Cam prolly first team as well. Karaban second or third team Castle freshmen of the year and Diarra 6th man of year. Crazy.
Yes, and add Hurley COY.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom