TN kid pwns UMASS... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TN kid pwns UMASS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If I realized the direction this thread was going to go, I probably wouldn't have picked it as the location to continue my Night At The Improv routine... :cool:

LOL

(note: on the internet, that means I'm laughing at what you just wrote))

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Do you pronounce it "lohl"....or "lahl"....

"lul" actually. Which is slang derived from a popular form of internet pictoral comedy by the name of lolcats. Purely for edification:

The first recorded use of the term "lolcat" is from the anonymous imageboard4chan.[7][8][9] The word "Lolcat" is attested as early as June 2006, and the domain name "LOLcats.com" was registered on June 14, 2006.[10] Their popularity was spread through usage on forums such as Something Awful.[11]The News Journal states that "some trace the lolcats back to the site 4chan, which features bizarre cat pictures on Saturdays, or 'Caturdays'." Ikenburg adds that the images have been "slinking around the Internet for years under various labels, but they did not become a sensation until early 2007 with the advent of I Can Has Cheezburger?"

Over the years lolcats morphed into lul cats. QED

Reaction Score
businesslawyer post: 894142 said:
So just because there is a s e xual connotation, I'm supposed to think it's "cute" that we make fun of a nickname that honors those who risked their lives to give our country and the world its first taste of democracy, and give credit to a nickname that honors those who risked their lies to try to extend the right to own slaves after the rest of the world had already given it up. Pass.

Too much sand in the vag.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
"lul" actually. Which is slang derived from a popular form of internet pictoral comedy by the name of lolcats. Purely for edification:

The first recorded use of the term "lolcat" is from the anonymous imageboard4chan.[7][8][9] The word "Lolcat" is attested as early as June 2006, and the domain name "LOLcats.com" was registered on June 14, 2006.[10] Their popularity was spread through usage on forums such as Something Awful.[11]The News Journal states that "some trace the lolcats back to the site 4chan, which features bizarre cat pictures on Saturdays, or 'Caturdays'." Ikenburg adds that the images have been "slinking around the Internet for years under various labels, but they did not become a sensation until early 2007 with the advent of I Can Has Cheezburger?"

Over the years lolcats morphed into lul cats. QED

I love that you linked each thing separately. LMFAO!!!

Reaction Score
Hard to find this not funny unless you spend you life looking to be insulted and have the vapors.

Reaction Score
Personally, that sign offends me. It should be "women who are tired of Minutemen", not "women that are tired of Minutemen"

Plus, you notice how there's all that extra space between the lines - and that the last few letters in Minutemen drop off a bit? Dangling participle!

Reaction Score
Should Holy Cross drop the Crusaders name bc it glorifies Catholics murdering thousands in the ME in the name of God ?

Reaction Score
Also, it has nothing to do with the Civil War. FYI, Tennessee supplied more troops to the Union army than any other southern state. Tennessee legislature also voted vs secession.

But don't let facts get in the way of you being a hardo.

Reaction Score
I know what it means. I read the Urban Dictionary link. What I'm asking is how it's said. Do you say "puh-ohn", or "pwin", or...ah, the hell with it. If I ever try to use that in conversation, I'm gonna "World-of-Warcraft" myself in the nuts...
Whether you get an answer or not I too 'wanted' to know, until I realized that I will probably never use the word (or whatever it is).

Reaction Score
umassttenn-480x557.jpg
Now as a women I had a different interpretation. The Umass "minutemen" can't sustain to keep the cheerleader sexually satisfied so the Tenn. men "volunteer" to do so. Just saying.

Reaction Score
So just because there is a s e xual connotation, I'm supposed to think it's "cute" that we make fun of a nickname that honors those who risked their lives to give our country and the world its first taste of democracy, and give credit to a nickname that honors those who risked their lies to try to extend the right to own slaves after the rest of the world had already given it up. Pass.
Dude, you're starting to sound like your in your early 80's. Even if you are, try not to sound like it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Come to think of it, does "Huskies" make fun of fat people in some post-modernist ironic way?

Every time I see your avatar, I read your post as if that crazy Husky is speaking. It's almost always hilarious.

Reaction Score
lol

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Every time I see your avatar, I read your post as if that crazy Husky is speaking. It's almost always hilarious.

It's its own little meme for me.

Reaction Score

You clearly have no idea where Tennessee's "volunteer state" nickname comes from, but I guess knowing that you're morally superior is all the knowledge you need to stand up for humorlessness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom