Tired of people making stuff up. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tired of people making stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm tired of people making stuff up about what they think is going on with this football program because they hate the coaching staff. There is a lot to get on the coaching staff about, and they are skating on the thinnest of ice because of the 10-17 record. Deservedly so.

But recruits read this website, families read this website, players probably get word of this website. You know the coaching staff monitors it, and the university.

Pisses me off. The most vehement of people that detract against Pasqualoni, made outrageous claims that as much as 60% of our defensive play calls against Michigan were flawed. I'm still waiting to see those plays. Our non-existent running game, was actually involved in moving the ball at key times against Michigan. THe evidence is all there.

It's time for players to make plays. This coaching staff has flaws, and if they didn't have those flaws, they would be better than 10-17 and not in danger of losing their jobs.

But the game plans, and the structure of the offense and defense and ST's are no longer the problem. Players need to make plays. If not for the dropped ball, and missed blocks on offense, our offense would be a lot better. The film is there through three games this season. The defense has improved dramatically. Our kickers need to do better, and they're going to be needed this weekend, and every weekend thereafter. There is a blogger out there, that has laid it all out in proof positive fashion, in ways that the 'Horde" cannot come close to doing. Thanks Andrew Callahan.

I just read elsewhere that our offensive line in the past was HUGE, and we are smaller now, although there was no real point to saying so. Somebody made the claim that Steve Green was in young as a player at 330lbs. FALSE.

The truth, is that we have lightened up dramatically in the playing weight of our left tackle in the past 2 years. Why would that be? Maybe because we actually having a passing offense now? And the LT needs to be able to move their feet in pass blocking as well as run blocking? maybe our Backup tackles right now can't block for sh((T in the passing game, because they don't have feet fast enough for pass blocking?

What do you do? Change the entire systems? Or work through the problems until you can get to the players that actually can do what you want? You work through the problems. We had a huge gap in offensive line recruiting. People talk about the cupboards bare on offense and Edsall - it wasn't the skill positions - it was the freaking OL. We recruited too few, and lost players. The ones we have left, weren't recruited to pass block.

The next truth, is that our offensive line across the board is actually heavier now, going into this game against Buffalo, than we were against South Florida in 2010. the 330 and 325 lb players we had in 2010, skewed the averages, but every other player was under 300, and our starting RT in December 2010, was 283 lbs. Heminway, is 272.

I'm tired of people making up.

And I want a win tomorrow. Not just a win, I want to blow this team off the field in Buffalo, with nobody watching except the die hard fans, and the players themselves. I want to get this ball rolling and winning again. It's time to take all the work that's been done in the past 2 years and make it work.

The fate of the coaching staff? Irrelevant. Whether they stay or they go, we need a balanced offensive attack, a powerful defense, and a good kickinig game, to get to the top of the rankings in this sport. Players make programs, not coaches.

It's time for the players to go out on the field and get it done.

Umm. I think Carl is channelling his board handle

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I have watched many UCONN games. Including Towson.
You wrote:

"We were never going to make it into the top 25 regularly with the program that Edsall had built and recruited for. This program, this structure, has a chance."

What structure that this program has right now, makes you believe it will be more successful than FHCRE's tenure? They lost to Towson!

I would love to know what understanding of the game I lack that would allow me to see this.

You didn't play for Tom Jackson. You cannot be expected to understand.

Reaction Score
No more!" if we could have got a couple more first downs, we lost contain a couple times and it cost us, you can't expect to win if you turn the ball over that many times, if we could have maintained our blocks a little longer, we're close and working hard at it, real hard. we need to make better decisions there when throwing in that situation, maybe we should have given him some help there, so and so is really showing a lot of improvement in practice and is pushing for playing time, if player A and B executed their blocks that goes for a touchdown."

No more! " that was a kick I should have made, I need to hit the hole better, we need to play with more intensity, we're better than we've played, I think we're making progress, that's one I wish I had back"

No more! It is time to get it done or changes need to be made in many areas. Continued inability to find a way means that new personal should be put in place as this lineup is not cutting it. This includes coaches. The body of evidence will speak for itself. It's zero hour tomorrow at Buffalo.

Reaction Score
Their a bad football team, good teams find a way to win, bad teams lose. Since I can't remember a dominating performace, I guess Umass last year, I don't see it happening vs Buffalo since they didn't come close the last two years. I expect a win, but it will be ugly. Good thing is this team is relatively young so I expect next year to be alot better.

Reaction Score
I think Carl often blurs the line between people making stuff up and simply disagreeing with him. And his arrogance often gets the best of him.

It's actually amusing when it happens.

Reaction Score
I think Carl often blurs the line between people making stuff up and simply disagreeing with him. And his arrogance often gets the best of him.

It's actually amusing when it happens.

You must be amused a lot.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Making stuff up is a stretch... while we have all been on a line-coach-hating rant, video is easily available that can share the blame around. Since there is rarely hyperbole on the yard, this does come across a bit strong...

I have been following the UConn Blog breakdowns. I see that fact-based breakdown and it has given me hope because of schemes, and they also point out what parts of the plays have been broken. If the coaching staff is not teaching from those, that is a GREAT reason for them to be gone.

Reaction Score
I'm tired of people making stuff up about what they think is going on with this football program because they hate the coaching staff. There is a lot to get on the coaching staff about, and they are skating on the thinnest of ice because of the 10-17 record. Deservedly so.

But recruits read this website, families read this website, players probably get word of this website. You know the coaching staff monitors it, and the university.

Pisses me off. The most vehement of people that detract against Pasqualoni, made outrageous claims that as much as 60% of our defensive play calls against Michigan were flawed. I'm still waiting to see those plays. Our non-existent running game, was actually involved in moving the ball at key times against Michigan. THe evidence is all there.

It's time for players to make plays. This coaching staff has flaws, and if they didn't have those flaws, they would be better than 10-17 and not in danger of losing their jobs.

But the game plans, and the structure of the offense and defense and ST's are no longer the problem. Players need to make plays. If not for the dropped ball, and missed blocks on offense, our offense would be a lot better. The film is there through three games this season. The defense has improved dramatically. Our kickers need to do better, and they're going to be needed this weekend, and every weekend thereafter. There is a blogger out there, that has laid it all out in proof positive fashion, in ways that the 'Horde" cannot come close to doing. Thanks Andrew Callahan.

I just read elsewhere that our offensive line in the past was HUGE, and we are smaller now, although there was no real point to saying so. Somebody made the claim that Steve Green was in young as a player at 330lbs. FALSE.

The truth, is that we have lightened up dramatically in the playing weight of our left tackle in the past 2 years. Why would that be? Maybe because we actually having a passing offense now? And the LT needs to be able to move their feet in pass blocking as well as run blocking? maybe our Backup tackles right now can't block for sh((T in the passing game, because they don't have feet fast enough for pass blocking?

What do you do? Change the entire systems? Or work through the problems until you can get to the players that actually can do what you want? You work through the problems. We had a huge gap in offensive line recruiting. People talk about the cupboards bare on offense and Edsall - it wasn't the skill positions - it was the freaking OL. We recruited too few, and lost players. The ones we have left, weren't recruited to pass block.

The next truth, is that our offensive line across the board is actually heavier now, going into this game against Buffalo, than we were against South Florida in 2010. the 330 and 325 lb players we had in 2010, skewed the averages, but every other player was under 300, and our starting RT in December 2010, was 283 lbs. Heminway, is 272.

And I want a win tomorrow. Not just a win, I want to blow this team off the field in Buffalo, with nobody watching except the die hard fans, and the players themselves. I want to get this ball rolling and winning again. It's time to take all the work that's been done in the past 2 years and make it work.

The fate of the coaching staff? Irrelevant. Whether they stay or they go, we need a balanced offensive attack, a powerful defense, and a good kickinig game, to get to the top of the rankings in this sport. Players make programs, not coaches.

Honest to god, I have no idea what your f.... point is.....

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Players make programs, not coaches.

This is bullsh**. Players are responsible for working out, practicing, learning the playbook, being good citizens, making plays and to contributing to team success. A few players have more leadership responsibility to help the team win, but no player ever loses their scholarship because the team doesn't win. Coaches are responsible for structuring everything the players do in the program, gameplanning, recruiting, winning games, winning seasons. Players can practice and play for 4-5 years and they have to leave - it's college. Coaches can stay as long as they want and as long as they are successful according to the standards set by the athletic director. Coaches make programs, not players.

It's time for the coaches to be held accountable for the last three years of not getting it done.

Reaction Score
No - we actually can run block, and run the ball, but we aren't doing it consistently. Go to uconnblog.com

WTF? Consistency is all that matters. I guess for P to keep his job all we need to do is break 1 10 yard run per game, as thats enough to prove that this system works if the players execute.

Acting arrogant to try and trick people into thinking you know what your talking about doesn't seem to be working, I would give that up

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
what's more likely

A) recruits read the Boneyard and decide not to come here because we're mocking the coaching staff

B) recruits see we're 0-3, 10-17 and never go to a bowl game?

I can be wrong, but I believe losing hurts a whole lot more, and winning solves both problems

Reaction Score
Open up the champaign bottles, tomorrow we get a new coach. The team is laying down, they must want him gone as bad as we do.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I feel bad for Carl at this point.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Once we watch the film, we'll adjust and dominate the second half. Does Buffalo have VCRs in the visitor locker rooms?

Reaction Score
Games not over, Zoo. We'll eliminate the mistakes at halftime.
Hoping we come back too bro... but it's looking pretty grim... Like we've seen this movie before...

Reaction Score

The players aren't getting it done period and the coaching staff is NOT irrelevant. They are either not recruiting well, not coaching well or a combination of both. Take your pick. It is the coaches who recruit the players. And if you don't think coaching matters, compare UConn basketball under Perno with UConn basketball under Calhoun. Saying that coaches are irrelevant is just plain dumb.

Reaction Score

I imagine getting the living bejesus kicked out of you by a MAC team for the third straight year has more of an impact than whatever I can say on a message board.

My favorite part is where coaching is not the problem, but then you say that if it weren't for the dropped ball, and missed blocks (both correctable errors that coaches usually address) that the offense would be better. Another obvious statement: If the sun were to explode, it would be night for a pretty long time. While I appreciate the idea that a blogger has laid out all the things we can do well, I keep coming back to what my eyes tell me: This team is 0-3 (all at HOME), including a loss to Towson. I supposed to believe that they can do better in hostile environments? It doesn't matter that you can isolate plays where things go well when the end result ends up being large deficits and eventual losses. [/quote]

...and it shows.

What do you do? Change the entire systems? too late. Or work through the problems until you can get to the players that actually can do what you want? They had three years, no more excuses. They have "their" players. You work through the problems. We had a huge gap in offensive line recruiting. Three years to address it. People talk about the cupboards bare on offense and Edsall - it wasn't the skill positions - it was the freaking OL. Didn't a walk-on QB start for us at some point? We recruited too few (yup), and lost players (which is why you recruit them). The ones we have left, weren't recruited to pass block (too bad the 9 OLinemen PP and crew brought in the past two years weren't either).

So it's actually even worse that they are routinely man-handled by the likes of Towson, Western Michigan, Temple, Buffalo, Umass, etc.?

Whoops....

We have not one of those three things. Not a one. We run, then fall behind big, and throw. The defense is currently in the process of playing dead, and a mediocre kicking game will suffice for now.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score

I can't beleive you guys all took this bait. No one is that dumb to actually beleive this fantasy. Carl just likes to write. And tease the Yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom