Tired of people making stuff up. | The Boneyard

Tired of people making stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm tired of people making stuff up about what they think is going on with this football program because they hate the coaching staff. There is a lot to get on the coaching staff about, and they are skating on the thinnest of ice because of the 10-17 record. Deservedly so.

But recruits read this website, families read this website, players probably get word of this website. You know the coaching staff monitors it, and the university.

Pisses me off. The most vehement of people that detract against Pasqualoni, made outrageous claims that as much as 60% of our defensive play calls against Michigan were flawed. I'm still waiting to see those plays. Our non-existent running game, was actually involved in moving the ball at key times against Michigan. THe evidence is all there.

It's time for players to make plays. This coaching staff has flaws, and if they didn't have those flaws, they would be better than 10-17 and not in danger of losing their jobs.

But the game plans, and the structure of the offense and defense and ST's are no longer the problem. Players need to make plays. If not for the dropped ball, and missed blocks on offense, our offense would be a lot better. The film is there through three games this season. The defense has improved dramatically. Our kickers need to do better, and they're going to be needed this weekend, and every weekend thereafter. There is a blogger out there, that has laid it all out in proof positive fashion, in ways that the 'Horde" cannot come close to doing. Thanks Andrew Callahan.

I just read elsewhere that our offensive line in the past was HUGE, and we are smaller now, although there was no real point to saying so. Somebody made the claim that Steve Green was in young as a player at 330lbs. FALSE.

The truth, is that we have lightened up dramatically in the playing weight of our left tackle in the past 2 years. Why would that be? Maybe because we actually having a passing offense now? And the LT needs to be able to move their feet in pass blocking as well as run blocking? maybe our Backup tackles right now can't block for sh((T in the passing game, because they don't have feet fast enough for pass blocking?

What do you do? Change the entire systems? Or work through the problems until you can get to the players that actually can do what you want? You work through the problems. We had a huge gap in offensive line recruiting. People talk about the cupboards bare on offense and Edsall - it wasn't the skill positions - it was the freaking OL. We recruited too few, and lost players. The ones we have left, weren't recruited to pass block.

The next truth, is that our offensive line across the board is actually heavier now, going into this game against Buffalo, than we were against South Florida in 2010. the 330 and 325 lb players we had in 2010, skewed the averages, but every other player was under 300, and our starting RT in December 2010, was 283 lbs. Heminway, is 272.

I'm tired of people making up.

And I want a win tomorrow. Not just a win, I want to blow this team off the field in Buffalo, with nobody watching except the die hard fans, and the players themselves. I want to get this ball rolling and winning again. It's time to take all the work that's been done in the past 2 years and make it work.

The fate of the coaching staff? Irrelevant. Whether they stay or they go, we need a balanced offensive attack, a powerful defense, and a good kickinig game, to get to the top of the rankings in this sport. Players make programs, not coaches.

It's time for the players to go out on the field and get it done.

Reaction Score
We had a huge gap in offensive line recruiting. People talk about the cupboards bare on offense and Edsall - it wasn't the skill positions - it was the freaking OL. We recruited too few, and lost players. The ones we have left, weren't recruited to pass block.

And yet we can't run block to save our lives. That's on the current staff, and GDL, specifically.

I don't disagree with the frustration with making things up. But if this group was recruited to run block, then they should be able to do that, and the staff shouldn't be trying to make them into something they're not. We're moving the ball through the air despite this OL, not because of it.

The best coaches adjust their style to fit they skill set of their players. PGDL are incapable of doing that, or even making halftime adjustments, and must go.

Reaction Score
And yet we can't run block to save our lives. That's on the current staff, and GDL, specifically.

I don't disagree with the frustration with making things up. But if this group was recruited to run block, then they should be able to do that, and the staff shouldn't be trying to make them into something they're not. We're moving the ball through the air despite this OL, not because of it.

The best coaches adjust their style to fit they skill set of their players. PGDL are incapable of doing that, or even making halftime adjustments, and must go.

No - we actually can run block, and run the ball, but we aren't doing it consistently. Go to uconnblog.com

I'm tired of this crap. It's year 3. The system is in place. The players need to execute it, and my feeling is on top of it, they on their own, need to find ways to practice it hard enough, and effective enough, and get themselves motivated enough and even keeled enough week to week to execute it. It's not the schemes at this point, and the film is there to prove it.. Go to uconnblog.com for actual, real, film supported, huskies football. It's all there.

Deleone's offense is gone, thank the lord, but the blocking schemes he installed are perfectly fine. A new coach, wouldn't make me unhappy, but changing everything that's been installed would. We need younger people, that can closer relate to college kids, but still understand playing football the way that we have been designed to play football at this point in time.

Reaction Score
Larry Brown coached the Olympic team and lost playing Marbury and Iverson a lot and not Lebron, DWade or Carmelo. PP has a Johnny Mac and a slight improvement in CW and yet chases off Mike N., Boyle should be playing (do we want next year to start with no idea if Boyle can play re his having any game experience), LM inside handoffs. CW with keepers, no blitz on 3rd and 16. He couldn't find Nick Williams until the end of his junior year and he gets a solid look as a NFL slot receiver. PP is clueless and needs to go immediately.
The guy and his staff are not getting it done, anything the team accomplishes is in spite of PP.

Reaction Score
We'll see what happens tomorrow, and the rest of the season.

I don't care if the coaching staff stays or goes right, now, I want to see these players succeed, in fact I'll prefer that they (the coaches) go, over younger, and more energetic coaches, all that matters, is that the systems that have been installed for the program in the past 2 years, that involve the kind of defense and offensive planning and structure that we've seen so far this year, are maintained.

We were never going to make it into the top 25 regularly with the program that Edsall had built and recruited for. This program, this structure, has a chance.

You can lead a camel to water but you can't make them drink. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, and you can't recognize that we were able to move the ball on the ground against Michigan, but not consistently, and you don't see the improvement from week to week since the season started? you don't see the potential in the offense now, and the defense? I can't help you.

The coaching staff, has done nothing really, to earn the right to stay. But if they go, they've installed a program that we need to find people to replace them, that will be able to maintain, and build on what we have now.

Reaction Score

We were never going to make it into the top 25 regularly with the program that Edsall had built and recruited for. This program, this structure, has a chance.

Um, you might want to explain this statement a little more.

Reaction Score
Um, you might want to explain this statement a little more.

Um - no - I don't have to. You can go look at the video yourself. Go watch the Fiesta Bowl, and then watch the Michigan game.

You'll actually need an understanding of the game a bit though.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

I don't care if the coaching staff stays or goes right, now, I want to see these players succeed, in fact I'll prefer that they (the coaches) go, over younger, and more energetic coaches, all that matters, is that the systems that have been installed for the program in the past 2 years, that involve the kind of defense and offensive planning and structure that we've seen so far this year, are maintained.

You can lead a camel to water but you can't make them drink. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, and you can't recognize that we were able to move the ball on the ground against Michigan, but not consistently, and you don't see the improvement from week to week since the season started? you don't see the potential in the offense now, and the defense? I can't help you.

The coaching staff, has done nothing really, to earn the right to stay. But if they go, they've installed a program that we need to find people to replace them, that will be able to maintain, and build on what we have now.

This may be the single most idiotic thing I've ever seen written on the Boneyard. Holy , wow.

Just...wow.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Um - no - I don't have to. You can go look at the video yourself. Go watch the Fiesta Bowl, and then watch the Michigan game.

Hahahahaha. Go watch the Towson game you moron.

Yeah, we get it. We're idiotic.

The key to success is to go from a fringe top 25 program that was always a qb away to losing to western Michigan, temple and towson.

Reaction Score

I have watched many UCONN games. Including Towson.
You wrote:

"We were never going to make it into the top 25 regularly with the program that Edsall had built and recruited for. This program, this structure, has a chance."

What structure that this program has right now, makes you believe it will be more successful than FHCRE's tenure? They lost to Towson!

I would love to know what understanding of the game I lack that would allow me to see this.

Reaction Score
And how difficult is it to find someone to maintain and build on what we have now? All they will have to do is lose to an FCS school by less than double digits.

I have seen steady improvement from our defense this year. I think it has taken time for the new players to gel and for the coaching staff to identify solid rotations. But that offense is an abomination. I don't think there is one positive to take away on offense from that Michigan game. They barely broke 200 yards of total offense!!!!

Reaction Score
Sorry Spack -- the idea that the OL recruiting all of a sudden went into the crapper after being a strength for 5-6 years running is a total invention of P/GDL defenders to cover for their failures as coaches, which are reflected not only in UConn's offensive numbers of the past 2-plus seasons but also GDL's in the 21st century.

I'm tired of people making stuff up about this group of offensive linemen. Too bad they're not getting the coaching that was provided at UConn before 2011.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The idea that installing a complicated system that you lose games with is a good thing.... is so ridiculously stupid.

Anyone can install complexity. If you can't coach players to success in the system... It's really just bragging about your wallpaper.

Reaction Score
The zone scheme is great in theory, but there isn't enough allowed practice time in college to properly learn it. And obviously, even if it wasnt, PGDL are not the guys to teach it.

This is why teams have gone to spreads, and options. It's a few plays, with a couple options per play, and limited reads per play.

I can not disagree more with you carl.

Reaction Score
The athletes say it themselves....they need to clean up the mistakes they make. The missed field goal, a couple missed tackles, missed defensive assignments and a really bad pass into triple coverage cost them the Michigan game.

Reaction Score
Sorry Spack -- the idea that the OL recruiting all of a sudden went into the crapper after being a strength for 5-6 years running is a total invention of P/GDL defenders to cover for their failures as coaches, which are reflected not only in UConn's offensive numbers of the past 2-plus seasons but also GDL's in the 21st century.

I'm tired of people making stuff up about this group of offensive linemen. Too bad they're not getting the coaching that was provided at UConn before 2011.

I think the number of PGDL defenders is down to one.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Wait. People make stuff up in message boards?

Wait. What? So I shouldn't take the Dude, FranktheTank, and MHver's ramblings as gospel??? Excuse me, but I have to rethink my life. :(

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Larry Brown coached the Olympic team and lost playing Marbury and Iverson a lot and not Lebron, DWade or Carmelo. PP has a Johnny Mac and a slight improvement in CW and yet chases off Mike N., Boyle should be playing (do we want next year to start with no idea if Boyle can play re his having any game experience), LM inside handoffs. CW with keepers, no blitz on 3rd and 16. He couldn't find Nick Williams until the end of his junior year and he gets a solid look as a NFL slot receiver. PP is clueless and needs to go immediately.
The guy and his staff are not getting it done, anything the team accomplishes is in spite of PP.

This. Friggin 1000%

P coaching down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member