Time to Think Big | The Boneyard

Time to Think Big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wait? Your OL is allowed to run straight into the defenders in front of them and just blow them off the line of scrimmage? I thought you had to wait and react to who ran towards which of your shoulders?

Please make this coach go away.

Watching that one play exemplifies the difference in O-Line philosophy. UCONN's O-Line attacked, they didn't react. That was UCONN's strength. To have it neutered by GDL just pisses me off.

Reaction Score
Talk about mixed emotions. What a great win. Fight in the trenches and grind. Battling warriors with less talent and speed in many instances, but bigger hearts and a chip on their shoulders. That was UConn power football. Our identity is all but destroyed, and the soul ripped out. I cant tell express how much I despise P and GDL for what they have done.

Reaction Score
Can anyone imagine PP showing that type of emotion? Say what you will about RE and the way he left, his teams played with emotion, confidence and heart. There are some coaches who can get this out of their players and other who can't. Unfortunately PP is in the Can't category.

Reaction Score
That interview still gives me chills.... I remember wanting that win so bad for our boys because the DESERVED something positive.

Unfortunately with this PP mess, do we really deserve anything other than the 40 point beating Michigan is going to put on us Saturday?? :(

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
That game stayed on my DVR until the day RE left in the middle of the night.

I was so proud of the program and players that day. I never thought the team I used to watch at Memorial Field would ever be able to beat Notre Dame at all let alone win at Notre Dame.

...and now I am just hoping they don't embarrass themselves on Saturday night. I enjoyed watching that team at Memorial Field more than I have enjoyed watching the last couple weeks...and seasons.

Sigh.

Reaction Score
Those gaves at Memorial Stadium, despite the level of play, or its competition, were always exciting under Tom Jackson and Skip Holtz. Don't ever remember thinking the game "was over" even if down by two scores. (Unless less than a couple of minutes left).

Reaction Score
That entire interview with Edsall all I was able to imagine was PP's face with the boogers running out of his nose. Oh geez have we fallen from the tiny perch where we once stood.

Reaction Score
that was such a fun game. Everybody in that building knew we were running it down their throat, and there was nothing they could do to stop us. (not even the officials).... i still remember the team running toward us & the U-C-O-N-N chant.. Wow....

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks exciting offensive football requires a spread option air raid something or other just doesn't understand the joys of smash mouth football.

Manti Te'o being two steps too slow is a delicious bonus.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think this game reminds me of how UCONN used to run the ball as much as any game in it's history. UCONN simply willed themselves to win and to run when everyone else knew they were going to run.

Reaction Score
I think this game reminds me of how UCONN used to run the ball as much as any game in it's history. UCONN simply willed themselves to win and to run when everyone else knew they were going to run.

The more I watch these videos the worse I feel. Yes Bizlaw it was JJ who blocked the Pitt guy away from the fumble.

Reaction Score
Wow how far we have fallen. How many years until we get back to that level? 3/4 years? PP has to go before the ECU and Tulane decide we not good enough for their league.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Remember when our big games used to get the OTHER coach fired? Yeah...

(still...f#$k that...LET'S GO HUSKIES!!!)

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. With Edsall we actually had to beat a team to get their head coach fired. P has found a way to cost a head coach his job by losing to him.

Reaction Score
GDL reminded me of someone then it hit me today at work. Simon Bar Sinister. His sidekick Cad is our head coach. I'll have fun at the tailgate and at the game, it will be quite an event but I will hate those two old buzzkills with everything I've got. Just saw Michigan vs Connecticut mentioned for Sat. night on the Clemson/ NC State game. We better show up with some of our old toughness and attitude.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wait? Your OL is allowed to run straight into the defenders in front of them and just blow them off the line of scrimmage? I thought you had to wait and react to who ran towards which of your shoulders?

Please make this coach go away.
Post of the day.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow how far we have fallen. How many years until we get back to that level? 3/4 years?
At best. It will be a long climb out.

Reaction Score
Still brings back some emotional feelings watching that interview.

Makes me even more pi@@ed at where PP has taken this program.

If you weren't standing in Morgantown crying at the reaction of the WVU fans pregame, and stunned when Marcus Easley's catch and run was negated by Noel Devine's run ..

If you were not there to watch the emotions repeated one week later at the Rent, watching the comeback for Jazz ruined by his old friend Tim Brown running free after Aaron Bagsby messed up a prevent coverage ...

If you weren't in front of your set watching even the disinterested Brent Musberger watching our Huskies come back at Nippert with smoke and mirrors and come within one play of getting, finally, their win for Jazz on the road against a team that narrowly missed the national championship game ...

then don't be on these threads telling me that all is o.k. with our program. Because I watch that clip, and the tears that were real that day when the the team finally got to honor Jazz the only way they wanted to -- forget that it was at friggin Notre Dame -- and I'm sitting here crying again. Not just because I will never forget any day of that emotionally draining month, but because I realize how something -- the rise of our football program -- that was so incredibly important to me is now of such little emotional attachment.

Reaction Score
THere isn't a single UCONN fan that is happy with what this current regime has done to UCONN football. We all understand where we were and what's happened since. I've admitted I was wrong in my hopes for what could be achieved. I'm ready to move on. BUT>>>> What the Paul Pasqualoni regime has done to this program cannot erase what was accomplished before though, and will only soil his own legacy irreparably, until such time that things turn around now, or remain sullied forever. Paul Pasqualoni will not destroy this program.

What we've got right now, is the foundation that was built before to build on, and the fanbase isn't gone, they just want a winner. You don't honor somebody like a murdered Jasper Howard, or the players and coaches that built the foundation the program sits on now, or the players in recent years that had to learn about the harsh realities of life, funerals, getting back to work, etc. at too young an age, and lived it through football, or especially the players that take the field now, this year, tomorrow night.....you don't honor them all, and recognized the strength of what those people built and are trying to do now, by blubbering around now.

Save your tears. Go out and cheer like hell for our players. Somebody somewhere wrote somethign very true yesterday, and if I could remember who it was or where, I'd cite it properly, but I don't so to whomever I'm paraphrasing - thanks.

All these players can do, is run the game plan, and play as hard as they possibly can. There is nothign else they can do. I will be there cheering, and I won't be crying, because I don't believe that people that came before, and those that have left, would want me crying.

So suck it up, it's almost game time.

It's football, and it matters to me, and I haven't lost one single bit of emotional attachment. I don't understand how you say you have, if you're sitting in front of computer crying.

Nostalgia and crying for the past, is not my kind of display of emotion, but it's still attachment.

So again, suck it up. It's nearly game time. Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom