Tim Boyle Continues to Impress | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle Continues to Impress

Reaction Score
If I had been describing Boyles years at Xavier I wouldn't have used that word.
Again, in YOUR words...
The coaching malfeasance goes back to Boyles high school playing days.

I only asked how it was coaching malfeasance by Marinan when he 3-peted w/ D’Amato.

Whether you believed that Xavier had a great program or not (and they do) was not germane to what you posted (and that point was not what I was questioning) you accused a coach/staff of wrongdoing/dishonesty. That’s what I questioned.

Words matter.

“GFY medic”... LOL. What a beaut.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Again, in YOUR words...

I only asked how it was coaching malfeasance by Marinan when he 3-peted w/ D’Amato.

Whether you believed that Xavier had a great program or not (and they do) was not germane to what you posted (and that point was not what I was questioning) you accused a coach/staff of wrongdoing/dishonesty. That’s what I questioned.

Words matter.

“GFY medic”... LOL. What a beaut.

upload_2018-8-17_16-45-3.jpeg

(You did that on purpose. Didn't you? Regardless, had to be done.)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hey Jude Kelly ran the option with an NFL quarterback at Southington. His checks don’t bounce.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hundley stinks at least they figured out which one to trade.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Well, certainly improves his odds to at least make practice squad I would imagine.

Neither Kizer, nor Hundley affected Boyle's practice squad spot, as neither are eligible for the PS themselves. What this does is pretty much chisel Kizer in as Rogers' primary backup and increase the probability of the Pack to carry only two QBs on the 53 man roster.

C

Chief00

If he is slated for practice squad - is there a window for other teams to pick up or is he protected? I don’t believe they would risk having him unprotected.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Every cut player must pass through wavers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If he is slated for practice squad - is there a window for other teams to pick up or is he protected? I don’t believe they would risk having him unprotected.

Why wouldn’t they risk it? NFL teams now with few exceptions carry 2 qbs. Packers would be fools to carry 3 active qbs.

Reaction Score
It looks like Rodgers and the staff really like Tim a lot. Always joking and smiling with him on the sidelines. It seems like they value him a bit more than some think. Just an impression.

Reaction Score
ESPN article on the Hundley trade says they plan to keep Boyle on the 53 man roster. This obviously could change before rosters are finalized, but it would be quite a coup for Boyle if the Packers like him enough to fear putting him on waivers prior to assigning him to the practice squad. The NFL minimum for 2018 is $480,000 ($30,000/game) vs. the practice squad pay of $7,600/week. He is a smart kid that fits in the pro style offense. He could have a lengthy Orlovsky -like NFL career if he becomes a trusted back-up QB. Orlovsky made a cool $9.9M starting 12 games and throwing 500 passes in his career.

Reaction Score
ESPN article on the Hundley trade says they plan to keep Boyle on the 53 man roster. This obviously could change before rosters are finalized, but it would be quite a coup for Boyle if the Packers like him enough to fear putting him on waivers prior to assigning him to the practice squad. The NFL minimum for 2018 is $480,000 ($30,000/game) vs. the practice squad pay of $7,600/week. He is a smart kid that fits in the pro style offense. He could have a lengthy Orlovsky -like NFL career if he becomes a trusted back-up QB. Orlovsky made a cool $9.9M starting 12 games and throwing 500 passes in his career.

Can you link the article? As a packers fan I would not be happy with them rostering 3 qbs. That spot should go to a defensive player or special teamer.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do teams put QB’s on practice squads?

Essentially you are putting your playbook and system on ebay for the price of one week’s salary.

Reaction Score
Do teams put QB’s on practice squads?

Essentially you are putting your playbook and system on ebay for the price of one week’s salary.

Pretty sure most do, I know the Packers have for the last several years.

Reaction Score
Does this mean Boyle will be the secondary secondary starter or the primary replacement to the alternate starter? This third QB think is too confusing to me

C

Chief00

You asking a question struck me funny.
Always thought you to be omniscient

It was a rhetorical question - they are keeping him - trying to understand better some thought processes around here. LOL

C

Chief00

He has more upside than Danny. Stronger arm and better athlete.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom